So Who has Killed Valentina already ?

RW-1

Squad killed her; the heatshield aerodynamics bug strikes again. Bare capsule + heatshield, moderate reentry (500km x 20km), capsule flips sideways and explodes at 25,000m.

I'm sticking to playing Windward ​until the release of NuFAR or the 1.0.1 bugfix update.

Squad killed her; the heatshield aerodynamics bug strikes again. Bare capsule + heatshield, moderate reentry (500km x 20km), capsule flips sideways and explodes at 25,000m.

I'm sticking to playing Windward ​until the release of NuFAR or the 1.0.1 bugfix update.

Or just look for the stock bug fix mod which removes the masslessness (?) of the heatshield, and therefore allows the capsule to enter as it's supposed to

Or just look for the stock bug fix mod which removes the masslessness (?) of the heatshield, and therefore allows the capsule to enter as it's supposed to

Guess what I downloaded in between my post and your post? :)

I killed her. She was returning from first manned orbital flight. Re-entry went well but it was dark and she crashed to mountain top at over 2000 m height just when I hit the space to deploy parachute. RIP.

It is actually fun thing that they changed aerodynamics and performance of parts. There are much hard situations and sometimes also accidents. It is sad but feels more real space exploration with nasty surprises.

Original 4 are all gone in my save. Jeb and Bob took up my first plane with a shiny new MK2 Cockpit, quickly found out about re-entry heating on the way back down. Burned the wings right off.

Second plane was designed to dispose of the wings and everything but the essentials and land under parachutes. Deployed my chutes too early. Bill and Valentina found out that planes don't float too well after hitting ocean at high speed.

I play by a strict "No resets other than for staging problems" style, so despite being under Sandbox mode, they're gone. On the plus side, the four new recruits managed to carry my newest MK3 Heavy into orbit, where it's pretty much become the Command Center of my space station.

I didn't kill her, but she stranded on the Mun trying to rescue a fellow Kerbalina. I had to send Jeb with two additional Pods to finish the Job and get the girls back.

However, i killed Bob when he let go of the ladder EVA-ing from a research lab that was standing horizontally 3 metres above the ground. Bob gently bounced down, and then POOOOOOF!!! Now come on Squad... i thought this silly bug was fixed.

Unfortunately it appears that, girls can't EVA as well as boys.

Mk1 inline cockpit - boys hold on but girls drop to their deaths. Every time.

screenshot5_edited2.png

Maybe it is because the boys have longer arms or something. Sexual dimorphism, something like that.

I'm not the only one who has noticed, found this

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117285-I-killed-Valentina!?p=1874220

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace
Added picture

• 2 months later...

I've managed to kill her two times in a row, and the four times she's flown in my current save have resulted in complete and utter disasters. Each of the four times involved an abort, two of them killed her. All of them involve the same rocket that had been successfully flown multiple times.

The first time she went up I had to abort because of a coolant leak (Dangit!), so I built another of the same rocket for the same mission, and I tried that second flight (three times, reverting to launch) and every time something new happened. I'm starting to think she's cursed.

I hit the EVA button, before looking at the orientation of my toppled munar base (door facing the ground, a small gap, but should be considered blocked) - she managed to splatter herself on the mun! Unfortunately I hadn't quick saved either for the whole mission, so the quick load took me back to the previous mission.

Well, I haven't killed any kerbals yet in 1.0, so, yeah, Val is still kicking. In fact, I think I have to give her a ride to solar orbit to get her the third star, and certification for long-range interplanetary flights.

Rune. Playing it safe since probes are a thing.

I darn near killed all of 'em tonight.

I'm tweaking my shuttle and right now it's too nose-heavy to land safely. Put it up in orbit and made the mistake of switching my view to the tank. When I returned to the shuttle, the option to revert to launch was gone. All of my orange suits in orbit in a highly dangerous machine!

I pressed ahead and hoped my latest adjustment was good enough. Reentry went without a hitch and I elected to go for water instead of land. The sink rate was just good enough to keep the main fuselage intact and save all the kerbals. *WHEW*!

A series of bad decisions...

Best,

-Slashy

Val seems to have a horseshoe stuck somewhere in mine...

No matter how bad the crash is she somehow survives. Hell I can even be using the mk3 cockpit and have 2 other kerbals bail out before her only to splatter on the tail fins or explode due to heating or something and Val pops out and somehow misses the fins or manages to not turn into popcorn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.