Love the new Tourists

KatzOhki

I really had fun doing a tourist mission last night. The expressions of the tourist in the portrait were really great. Scared on takeoff and ascent, wonderment exiting the atmosphere and being in space. So much fun. I even went in IVA to see what it would be like from her perspective. I think I lost money on the contract though sadly, but I still had a lot of fun doing it.

I found a tourist that must have had the BadS = true setting. She enjoyed the flight as much as Val did.

I noticed that they also gain experience at the end of the flight. I wonder if Squad will use this later for better paying, and more demanding tourism.

Dang tourists..... First tourist: Oooh! I want to orbit the Mun! Second: I want to go on Minmus! Third: Land Me on the Mun!

Me:AGHHHHH CHOOSE ONE PLACE TO GO!!!!!!!

What, that sounds fine. If you can transport three tourists you probably have the capacity to land on the Mun and Minmus, and that's probably a lot of extra monies.

Yeah, But I usually engineer rockets to go to one place not stop at one place and then move on, so my rocket didn't have the fuel capacity(or the drills) to get off the mun so I just crashed into the lander with a rover in a fit of anger:P I just cant understand why people don't want to tour space with me anymore....:huh:

Is it possible to transfer tourists around multiple vessels so you don't need to make a craft that goes everywhere?

And I love how they have different clothes :D That's attention to detail right there.
I would totally go on a spaceship ride in a t-shirt and shorts. Probably wearing sandals too. :D

Wait, what? Screenshots, please?

Wait a tick - tourists have different clothes?

It would be neat if one could develop an add-on that would allow the actual Kerbalnauts to wear different clothes in IVA as well, to emulate the shirt-sleeve work environment aboard the ISS.

It would be neat if one could develop an add-on that would allow the actual Kerbalnauts to wear different clothes in IVA as well, to emulate the shirt-sleeve work environment aboard the ISS.

I was actually thinking the same, using TextureReplacer. But I can't do digital art. :(

I was actually thinking the same, using TextureReplacer. But I can't do digital art. :(

I'm wondering whether these "new clothes" for tourists are simply changes in the texture, or whether there are unique meshes too (in which case, knowledge of the Kerbal model hierarchy and a hypothetical Mesh Replacer add-on would be needed)

Could someone please post a screenshot of one of these tourists in IVA?

Ah, sorry for the confusion, they only wear different clothes in the Astronaut Complex (and maybe the crew roster before launch?).

In-flight, they're normal kerbonauts. Although a pink suit or something would be awesome :D

Ah, sorry for the confusion, they only wear different clothes in the Astronaut Complex (and maybe the crew roster before launch?).

In-flight, they're normal kerbonauts. Although a pink suit or something would be awesome :D

Darn, you had my hopes up for a moment there. Guess we'll have to wait for Mesh Replacer, then.

I lost Jeb trying out a dual return spacecraft for tourists.

I had a hitchhiker module with heatshield, and above that a mk1 capsule with heatshield.

I was hoping to take advantage of the larger physics bubble on separation, however I didn't separate before re-entry (which I need to try).

So during re-entry, the mk1 blew up, though I was able to stage and pop the chutes on the hitchhiker and the tourists were saved.

BTW, if you have a tourist that wants three different locations, you can do one, bring them back, then add them to a mission to another location, etc. Until you happen to hit all on their list.

doesn't have to be at once, but within the total time of the contract...

I'm also a huge fan of the tourists. They're just awesome little green dudes and dudettes that don't clog up my roster like the rescuees.

And they're perfectly kerbal. First suborbital mission ends with the capsule flipping around and burning up? Suddenly there's 8 kerbals waving money in front of you saying "Me next!" Perfect.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.