[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

1 hour ago, nukeboyt said:

It can see Pe but not Time to Pe

It looks like the computation for time to Pe on hyperbolic orbits is hitting a divide-by-zero.  The code hasn't changed, so I don't know if it ever worked, or if something in KSP 1.2 changed to cause it to stop working.

21 hours ago, MOARdV said:

It looks like the computation for time to Pe on hyperbolic orbits is hitting a divide-by-zero.  The code hasn't changed, so I don't know if it ever worked, or if something in KSP 1.2 changed to cause it to stop working.

I know that it has worked in previous versions, (See below),    Since there's been no change to the RPM coding on this, it must be something from SQUADs changes as you said.   Thanks

KSP v 0.25 JSI v as shown below.  Note: the  craft in a similar hyperbolic trajectory.

K1QLW49.png

Edited by nukeboyt

Hello all!

I have problem :)

So i'm trying to load the game and it gets stuck on the loading screen at this exact point every time :((Image attached, I think), Is anyone else encountering this issue? Or does anyone have a solution? (Yes i've tried waiting and turning it off and on again :))

On the off chance my n00bness has gotten the better of me and I failed to upload the image, It stops loading when it gets to JSI/RPMPodPatches/OatchesStock/mk2landercan-remade-internal/landerCabinInternalsRPM

Thanks in advance all!

6 hours ago, Booze_Boy said:

Hello all!

I have problem :)

So i'm trying to load the game and it gets stuck on the loading screen at this exact point every time :((Image attached, I think), Is anyone else encountering this issue? Or does anyone have a solution? (Yes i've tried waiting and turning it off and on again :))

On the off chance my n00bness has gotten the better of me and I failed to upload the image, It stops loading when it gets to JSI/RPMPodPatches/OatchesStock/mk2landercan-remade-internal/landerCabinInternalsRPM

Thanks in advance all!

First, welcome to the forum!  Second, before I can help out, you need to provide more information.  This post provides some guidelines.  Get me at least the log, and I can probably find something.

23 hours ago, silvan78 said:

Feature request:

Can the JSITargetMenu.cs be modified so it includes waypoints as targets ?, also RPM for Waypoint Manager would be helpful. Currently one has to break immersion of IVA to pick the waypoint.

RPM is in feature-freeze at this time so that I can focus my modding time on a successor to it.

There is a new beta 4 for RPM v0.28.0 - this fixes the time to Pe problem @nukeboyt reported.  No other changes - I am still investigating a shader problem, and there are two mods that RPM supports that haven't released official versions yet.

Has anyone else noticed that the resources page for the stock IVA replacements multiplies the resources by 2? I don't recall it doing this in 0.90 or before...

Edited by Einarr
Can't type...

1 hour ago, Einarr said:

Has anyone else noticed that the resources page for the stock IVA replacements multiplies the resources by 2? I don't recall it doing this in 0.90 or before...

That was fixed a couple of betas ago.

Grabbed the Latest build and I am trying to update the BDAMk22 cockpit ( I am a contributor on the BDAc Team) and I'm seeing an initialization error 

Spoiler

[ERR 22:25:15.355] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.359] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JSI.RasterPropMonitor.LoadFont (System.Object caller, .InternalProp thisProp, System.String location)
    JSI.RasterPropMonitor.Start ()
[ERR 22:25:15.362] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.363] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    JSI.RasterPropMonitor.LoadFont (System.Object caller, .InternalProp thisProp, System.String location)
[ERR 22:25:15.365] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.366] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.368] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.369] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.371] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.372] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.374] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.375] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.377] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.378] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.380] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.381] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.383] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.384] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.386] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.387] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:25:15.389] [RasterPropMonitor]: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[EXC 22:25:15.390] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I saw your note on updating the color tags and I did my best to update, here is the prop config

Spoiler

PROP
{
    name = bdSwTumbleToggleHUD

MODEL
    {
        model = ASET/ASET_Props/Control/SwitchTumble/SwitchTumble
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
        animationName = SwitchTumbleAnim
        switchTransform = SwitchColider
        switchSound = ASET/ASET_Props/Sounds/tumbleClick01
        actionName = plugin
        PLUGINACTION
        {
            name = Mk22HUDSwitch
            actionMethod = ButtonHUDToggle
            //stateMethod = ButtonHUDToggleState
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIVariableLabel
        transformName = TextTopObj
        fontSize = 0.008
        refreshRate = 10
        labelText = HUD POWER
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIVariableLabel
        transformName = TextPlateTopObj
        fontSize = 0.006
        refreshRate = 150
        labelText = <color=# <=0:333333;FF0000;FFFFFF=> >       ON $&$ CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIVariableLabel
        transformName = TextPlateBottomObj
        fontSize = 0.006
        refreshRate = 150
        labelText = <color=# <=0:333333;FF0000;FFFFFF=> >      OFF $&$ CUSTOM_ALCOR_POWEROFF
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = JSIVariableAnimator
        coloredObject = GlowBorder
        passiveColor = 0,0,0,255
        activeColor = 100,120,145,255
        variableName = CUSTOM_ALCOR_BACKLIGHT_ON
        scale = 0,1
        threshold = 0.1,1.1
        refreshRate = 10
    }        
}

proxy = 0, 0, 0,     0.0502, 0.037, 0.0511,     1, 0.5, 0.5

This is my first time working with props so I am a bit lost.

Moardv, the Mk2 lander can was the best panorama cabin ever but RasterProps displays interfere to most of view.

It can be improved a bit.

2mo8dqu.jpg

I tried to move the middle display up to the roof but have no special software.

The control joystick also can be added symmetrically to thrust control.

Edited by _Astra_

On 11/10/2016 at 10:35 PM, gomker said:

Grabbed the Latest build and I am trying to update the BDAMk22 cockpit

Without further context from the log (and enabling RPM's debug output), that looks like an error setting up an MFD, not the prop you included.

3 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Moardv, the Mk2 lander can was the best panorama cabin ever but RasterProps displays interfere to most of view.

Your best bet for editing or changing an IVA is using Unity and KSP's PartTools - the software is free (but it requires a bit of disk space), but once you learn it, you can move props around easily in scene without hand-editing config files.

As for improving the IVAs - yes, they are not perfect.  They were included to provide examples of what is possible, but none of them have been updated with new features in a long time.  I have no plans to update them, since I design much more complex IVAs using ASET Props.  I will accept updates to the example IVAs if someone else wants to contribute them.

On 11/10/2016 at 0:20 AM, MOARdV said:

First, welcome to the forum!  Second, before I can help out, you need to provide more information.  This post provides some guidelines.  Get me at least the log, and I can probably find something.

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me! 

I've run the game in both 32 and 64 bit mode and neither one works,  so I've uploaded both logs.

Basically what happens is the game just stops loading at the previously specified point, like it doesn't freeze or crash, just stops loading.

Thanks in advance!

Link to Dropbox logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4rullwzef3gen99/AABDgDpBexanH8rOUPQvDLAIa?dl=0

Hello guys, i recently went back to ksp. My favorite mod was Raster Prop Monitors (RPM) to control your ship in IVA

Now have the lastest game update : 1.2.1.1604

I re-installed the game clean, and removed all mods and saves.

Now have the lastest game update : 1.2.1.1604 with clean directories.

Then i installed Rpm (v0.28.0 beta 4) and only Rpm by extracting JSI in my gamedata folder following exaclty the readme.

The problem is that the mod is not working at all, the capsules are not modified in IVAs and theres is no screens.

Then i saw a post for an older version saying that modulemanager.dll was needed at the root of Gamedata

but the last version of Rpm is supposed to include that by default, but i cant find the dll inside, so i decided to get it manually.

i grabbed the last version of module manager (2.7.4) and added it into the root of Gamedata

Now all of the default capsules have the RPM screens, but they are all black and i cant push any buttons...

im lost and i dont find any post to help me... Is the mod is working for the actual version of ksp ? Am i doing something wrong ? If it is working for someone can you give me the exact version to use ?

Thanks

3 hours ago, hqppy said:

Hello guys, i recently went back to ksp. My favorite mod was Raster Prop Monitors (RPM) to control your ship in IVA

Then i installed Rpm (v0.28.0 beta 4) and only Rpm by extracting JSI in my gamedata folder following exaclty the readme.

The problem is that the mod is not working at all, the capsules are not modified in IVAs and theres is no screens.

Then i saw a post for an older version saying that modulemanager.dll was needed at the root of Gamedata

but the last version of Rpm is supposed to include that by default, but i cant find the dll inside, so i decided to get it manually.

i grabbed the last version of module manager (2.7.4) and added it into the root of Gamedata

Now all of the default capsules have the RPM screens, but they are all black and i cant push any buttons...

im lost and i dont find any post to help me... Is the mod is working for the actual version of ksp ? Am i doing something wrong ? If it is working for someone can you give me the exact version to use ?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

What would be most helpful to diagnose the problem are logs as described here.  The mod works for me, and many other people, in 1.2.1, so it is most likely an installation error, but without the log, I am only able to guess.

10 hours ago, hqppy said:

Thanks

Did you install Module Manager?   The symptoms you describe are similar to when I did a clean install, but forgot to install ModuleManager.

17 minutes ago, nukeboyt said:

Did you install Module Manager?   The symptoms you describe are similar to when I did a clean install, but forgot to install ModuleManager.

Witout module manager the mod is simply not working.

With module manager the screens are blacks and i cant press any buttons.

Can you give me a link to your exact version of module manager ?

---Edit---

Okay sorry guys, i cant explain how, but i just did the installation once again, exactly the same way as before, i just started a new sandbox and tried the capsule, and everything is now working fine =0

Here's the version that i used : 

Raster Prop Monitor 0.28.0 beta 4 (inside JSI folder at the root of Gamedata)

Module Manager 2.7.4  (in the root of Gamedata)

Thanks for your help, im so happy to bein able to use this mod once again ! =D

Edited by hqppy
Its now working !?!?

@MOARdV.   I just noticed that the Target Management menu does not seem to allow targeting an object on the surface (like a base, flag or Kerbal on EVA).   Am I missing something?    If possible, please consider adding this ability to the successor to RPM.

Edited by nukeboyt

Just a lowly plebs opinion over here but...

The updated/replacement/new camera mesh is kind of cool...  Personally, i preferred the old one, i think the small black slanted 'lens' part looks a bit weird...  More importantly though, on the old one there was a kind of 'notch' painted onto the camera ( just a black line.. )   that served (perhaps unintentionally) to indicate the orientation of the camera...

..Now on this new camera,  it's almost completely white and there is no way to tell the orientation of the camera AT A GLANCE, which is unfortunate and a step backwards.

cheers

@MOARdV

Any idea when you will get RPM updated on CKAN?  If it's waiting for a non-beta release, any idea when?

I have released VesselViewer for 1.2, which works well with the current version of RPM, my CKAN setups are failing right now because of this

Edit:  CKAN is pulling RPM directly from Github, and since it's still marked as a beta, it isn't accepting it for 1.2 yet.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@MOARdV

Any idea when you will get RPM updated on CKAN?  If it's waiting for a non-beta release, any idea when?

I have released VesselViewer for 1.2, which works well with the current version of RPM, my CKAN setups are failing right now because of this

Edit:  CKAN is pulling RPM directly from Github, and since it's still marked as a beta, it isn't accepting it for 1.2 yet.

I'm waiting on FAR and MechJeb to release official versions, and I've got a font quality problem alexustas reported that I need to reproduce and to resolve.  So, no timeline on when the release will be.

7 hours ago, Stilton said:

Just a lowly plebs opinion over here but...

The updated/replacement/new camera mesh is kind of cool...  Personally, i preferred the old one, i think the small black slanted 'lens' part looks a bit weird...  More importantly though, on the old one there was a kind of 'notch' painted onto the camera ( just a black line.. )   that served (perhaps unintentionally) to indicate the orientation of the camera...

..Now on this new camera,  it's almost completely white and there is no way to tell the orientation of the camera AT A GLANCE, which is unfortunate and a step backwards.

cheers

Actually, I think the problem is that the texture isn't replacing correctly - one of the things I keep seeing and forgetting to fix with everything else going on.

8 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

@MOARdV.   I just noticed that the Target Management menu does not seem to allow targeting an object on the surface (like a base, flag or Kerbal on EVA).   Am I missing something?    If possible, please consider adding this ability to the successor to RPM.

I am pretty sure it never has allowed targeting non-flying targets, nor does it target flags or Kerbals.  The successor will be more flexible in that regards.