P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

Anyone know of some good sound resources I want the mk.19 to sound more throaty. Also I think im going to make an m249 CROWS.

Also some modeling news ive found that the vehicles from a very underappreciated game. Mercenaries 2 world in flames are open to the public since yhe studio went bankrupt. Ill be using those models as references for making my own models none of their content will appear in PEW but they will help alot

Currently in working on the bradley once thats done ill move to the m107 artillery piece then the kashtan if im brave enough. Then I dont know

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Anyone know of some good sound resources I want the mk.19 to sound more throaty. Also I think im going to make an m249 CROWS.

Also some modeling news ive found that the vehicles from a very underappreciated game. Mercenaries 2 world in flames are open to the public since yhe studio went bankrupt. Ill be using those models as references for making my own models none of their content will appear in PEW but they will help alot

At about 0:40

And this

with less noise Edited by Acea

Gonna be honest, both the Tunguska and Griffon sound awesome.

Also, that sucks your not feeling so hot, anything we can do to help?

The griffon can probably be thrown in with one of the other two since I can do missiles very quickly

As for helping me... Just keep doing what your doing knowing I'm appreciated for my work is nice but you shouldn't feel compelled to do anything on my behalf. My real life problems are my own and to dump them on the forum would be very rude of me and rather unprofessional as well. So have a nice day

Anyway I think the finalized release plan for R-11 is

Parts:

Mk.19

T-90MS turret

BMP-2 turret

M3 Bradley turret

M107 155mm howitzer turret

Phalanx CIWS

.50cal CROWS

Kashtan CIWS

Griffon missile

Tunguska or TOW turret

GBU-53A small diameter bomb

Retextures:

9m102Ataka

GBU-57A

Nike Hercules

BLU-82 (or maybe not idk)

Fixes: separate missile configs for FAR

Fix the dang missiles

Fix kh-38 and other miss mirroring missiles

Finally an up to date showcase video

Edited by LORDPrometheus

Obviously nothing soon, your plate is kinda full, but I'd love to see some more russian weaponry, especially their equivalents to some of the US missiles, like a 9K121 Vikhr (re: Hellfire). Other than that, can't wait for what's in store!

Hey acea if you wnat the Kashtan I can let you make it I have alot on my plate already. If not I can still do it

No I mean the AK-130. One of our modelers Edoaca said that he would make that for fun, about a week ago.

Tried out some of the missiles. Models are very nice, but effects need more work and some missiles behave weird. Isn't it possible to use Baha's effects?

Here are some thing I've thought about:

- Falcon nuclear missile is IR guided - should be radar. It also won't explode even if it already lost the target but still can destroy it.

- Tomahawk flies in random orientation, usually upside down. Maybe that's due to terminalManeuvering = true? Also, its booster is too powerful - real one accelerates slower and is at smaller altitude when booster burns out.

- RIM-174 accelerates like crazy, to orbital speeds, and can not maneuver at all in atmosphere. When I launched it vertically it couldn't get to fly horizontally - accelerates very fast and has low max AoA.

- RIM-116 doesn't deploy its fins after launch. Looks reallt weird.

- 9M120 has misaligned smoke and fire particles in exhaust.

- Haven't dropped BLU-82 yet, but it cries for parachute bag model on the back, and preferably at least simple parachute model.

- Downscaling all weapons to 0.75 or 0.64 with config works great - otherwise they are simply too large for tiny KSP parts. I did the same to all Baha's missiles. Maybe you should provide optional config for MM?

@PART[PEW*] // P.E.W. weapons

{

@rescaleFactor = 0.75

}

Will post more when I test more of them.

it is radar guided

that is due to it being asymmetrical all missiles do this actually you just notice it here

i use FAR usually and have not see that issue

i will fix

i will fix

that is not possible as deploying a bomb detaches anything attached to it

and that is up to the end user

Hm, I may be using older version of the mod for that Falcon issue.

I also use FAR. Previous version tho.

As for Tomahawk - I could swear Baha's AGM-86 actually flies in correct orientation. The only setting it has different from yours, aside from numerical ones like thrust, is terminalManeuvering. I'll try to change it on yours and write it back.

I meant modelling small chute inside the BLU-82, and animating it like it is done on Snakeye bomb. May look weird under some conditions, but if you make the chute smaller than real one then it may look good.

Edited by sashan

Hm, I may be using older version of the mod for that Falcon issue.

I also use FAR. Previous version tho.

As for Tomahawk - I could swear Baha's AGM-86 actually flies in correct orientation. The only setting it has different from yours, aside from numerical ones like thrust, is terminalManeuvering. I'll try to change it on yours and write it back.

I meant modelling small chute inside the BLU-82, and animating it like it is done on Snakeye bomb. May look weird under some conditions, but if you make the chute smaller than real one then it may look good.

modelling a parachute huh... that'd be difficult but maybe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.