[WIP] Never Enuff Dakka:- A BDArmory expansion [Release 3]

great to hear you're planning an oto malera! i've been waiting for BD to implement more naval weapons, and this is great.

On the topic of bugs, i've got two possibles:

the Rarden/scimitar turret shakes from side to side, almost twitching, after having fired and switching away, not sure why.

The challenger turret after being used once, when it reverts to non firing position, it is pointing the opposite direction to how it is originally.

The turret issues are a result of a new BDArmory system not working quite right at the moment. theta and I can't really fix our (I maintain spanner's boomsticks) turrets without BahamutoD's help

The turret issues are a result of a new BDArmory system not working quite right at the moment. theta and I can't really fix our (I maintain spanner's boomsticks) turrets without BahamutoD's help

Not true (obviously all of my turrets work fine). You just have to set it up correctly in Unity. I know LORDPrometheus doesn't have access to Spanner's unity files so I have to make an option to disable returning the turret to original position, but PrototypeTheta, just look carefully at the rotations of each object in my sample turret, and you will be fine.

Not true (obviously all of my turrets work fine). You just have to set it up correctly in Unity. I know LORDPrometheus doesn't have access to Spanner's unity files so I have to make an option to disable returning the turret to original position, but PrototypeTheta, just look carefully at the rotations of each object in my sample turret, and you will be fine.

Oh I know why the turret's tipped over, I've had to put some funny rotations in due to the way my other models were built, forgot to revert them with the home grown one. Derp. The jiggering though... I don't know how to fix that. I figure it's to do with the deploy animation, but adding a blank one doesn't change anything.

Although I do have one question, I've made a firing animation for the gun firing within blender... Where on the GameObject does this need to be applied?

Edited by PrototypeTheta

So I'm stuck in a bit of indecision as to what to make next. I initially wanted to the gun off the M1128 stryker, but Spanner's already has that. I found something close to it though, the Falcon turret (wouldn't even have to make the rest of the tank, already have that):

falcon14zm4.jpg

Buuuut, the Oto Melara worked out pretty well, and there aren't too many Naval guns around. I was thinking about perhaps a 40mm Autocannon for naval vessels as a less overpowered alternative:

Bofors_40_Mk4_naval_gun_system_top.jpg

Anyone got any preferences?

one little request: add a "CrewCabin" property to all turrets^_^. Actually I can do it for you if you want. It will be a very much great improve. Really. And if somebody teach me I may possibly be able to make an IVA for that. That will be a lot of fun.

Prototype Theta. I thought I'd mention that while looking at the resource panel and firing the Leviathan, it only drained the electric charge. You can probably leave it as it is though because 1000 ec is way more balanced then 1 cannon shell, but I thought I'd mention it here to make sure you saw it.

C6A20BD54C122F77CD594977589B2C62C03AA38B

using FAR lol

GLORIOUS SOVIET TECHNOLOGY! Introducing, KV-Il-152!

Contains 1 GLORIOUS KV-2 M-10T 152mm howitzer turret!

Shells guided by GLORIOUS hand of Stalin!

Evades 40mm autocannon with ease!

Buy KV-Il-152 for only 149,999 Rubles!

I love this addon to BDArmory. Especially the KV-2 Derpcannon. Thank you!

May I ask for a T-54/55 turret and/or hull? They'd be great with the long tracks from Kerbal Foundries.

Edited by General Rarity

May I ask for a T-54/55 turret and/or hull? They'd be great with the long tracks from Kerbal Foundries.

Yeah sure, how bad can it be?

5 minutes later

Oh sweet Jesus what is this heresy!?

Damn mid 20th Century Soviets and your fancy curvy turrets.

Edited by PrototypeTheta

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/37497130787180302/C6A20BD54C122F77CD594977589B2C62C03AA38B/

using FAR lol

GLORIOUS SOVIET TECHNOLOGY! Introducing, KV-Il-152!

Contains 1 GLORIOUS KV-2 M-10T 152mm howitzer turret!

Shells guided by GLORIOUS hand of Stalin!

Evades 40mm autocannon with ease!

Buy KV-Il-152 for only 149,999 Rubles!

I love this addon to BDArmory. Especially the KV-2 Derpcannon. Thank you!

Only $2913.25!

What a deal!