Fix Craft Jitter V 1.0

Hey everyone, I have noticed in the new 1.0 update that either the craft or camera jitters a lot but it's a very small jitter. It doesn't affect my flight, but its quite annoying. I can't tell if its the craft or the camera. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

Really think they should remove it, I turned it off once I figured out I could. Just was hendering clicking on parts and really did not add much to the experience for me.

Actually, the camera shake is nice if you like a cinematic external view of your ship. And interior-wise (IVA), this is how the shakes also manifest in flight sims, so it makes sense why they put it in. And yes of course, you can disable it.

However I will repost what I said in another thread about the camera wobble, considering that I feel that its implementation is wrong.

I think they should change the algorithm for the cam-float/shake though. Right now, what seems to be happening is, that the camera is pointed at a specific spot on your craft, and the wobble algorithm is applied and thus the shaking occurs with this fixed point as axis/fulcrum. This doesn't make it realistic like a camcorder shot. Camcorder shots are hand-held, thus the person shooting the scene always follows the subject, and there is a DELAY in trying to center the subject. Thus, a good algorithm change would be to have this fixed axis point a moving one, and it will be followed by another point which is the axis of the camera, and there should be lag, so that it would simulate someone's hand/eye lagging behind trying to film a craft and following it so it stays in-frame. I think this is how the XPlane external camera shake is done.

Once they do this change, it will really look like someone is holding up a GOPRO3 and filming the ship, which I would really like to see.

Actually, the camera shake is nice if you like a cinematic external view of your ship. And interior-wise (IVA), this is how the shakes also manifest in flight sims, so it makes sense why they put it in. And yes of course, you can disable it.

However I will repost what I said in another thread about the camera wobble, considering that I feel that its implementation is wrong.

I think they should change the algorithm for the cam-float/shake though. Right now, what seems to be happening is, that the camera is pointed at a specific spot on your craft, and the wobble algorithm is applied and thus the shaking occurs with this fixed point as axis/fulcrum. This doesn't make it realistic like a camcorder shot. Camcorder shots are hand-held, thus the person shooting the scene always follows the subject, and there is a DELAY in trying to center the subject. Thus, a good algorithm change would be to have this fixed axis point a moving one, and it will be followed by another point which is the axis of the camera, and there should be lag, so that it would simulate someone's hand/eye lagging behind trying to film a craft and following it so it stays in-frame. I think this is how the XPlane external camera shake is done.

Once they do this change, it will really look like someone is holding up a GOPRO3 and filming the ship, which I would really like to see.

This might be true, maybe if it was implemented better I would find it adds a cinematic value to the game. Right now I just find it annoying.

Really think they should remove it, I turned it off once I figured out I could. Just was hendering clicking on parts and really did not add much to the experience for me.

Why would they remove it if you can just turn it off? Some of us like it.

I find it fun, personally. Pull some high-g turns and watch the camera shudder. Whack the throttle open on a Kerbodyne ship bottled down to a MK1 Capsule and watch the feeling of "Oh crap!" kick in.

I find it really annoying, personally. But meh, easy enough to disable. It's just another thing on my list of settings to change whenever I start a new version. Fullscreen, full resolution, 60fps, no vsync, texture quality full, rover controls set to translational controls, external camera shake to 0, internal camera shake to 0.1. Maybe tweak graphics settings to see what works best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.