Fisher-Price My First Spaceplaneâ„¢

I can\'t even make mine take off yet...

If you have two wheels in the back, and one in the front, just angle the back two outwards to they are not as far from the hull as the front. The plane will be angled on take off, you you can acually get air under it for some decent starting lift.

Still no luck. After a few seconds it starts spinning, barreling and exploding in a mad frenzy like it\'s been hit by a missile. I\'m using the WASD keys, and I\'m activating my thrust to max. Am i doing it right?

Still no luck. After a few seconds it starts spinning, barreling and exploding in a mad frenzy like it\'s been hit by a missile. I\'m using the WASD keys, and I\'m activating my thrust to max. Am i doing it right?

I\'ve found reverse wings are not good for the plane. Use a simple wide wing for a starter.

Then you can go into the smaller designs.

From what I understand, my design is fine... it\'s just the landing gear I\'m worried about.

Try placing the gear on the wings. From my testing crashing it seems to be rather unstable of a craft.

Oh, and speed them out to about mid-wing or so.

It\'s a little better, the only thing is the engine touches the ground and explodes when I try to lift.And it starts rolling off to the side, jumps off the landing strip and explodes each time.

Success! I managed to take off relatively easily with a very stable and powerful RCS system, activated my engines and I was off and away.

I\'m working on a carrier-lift vehicle. It\'s not going very well so far. There have been so many instances where it broke in half stationary on the runway, or crashed, or didn\'t take off properly, or took off before I discovered the hard way that it had too many wings on the front end.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.