KSP Team, 1.0.2 but you could at least say sorry

Dre4dW0rm

So, 1.0 was out just a moment ago as the Final and stable, and we got to work and redesigned most of our stuff, started careers from scratch etc... Now 1.0.2 and you make MAJOR changes to the aerodynamics again, and break just about every design again! How about you take a deep breath, make up your mind, design it right, then implement and finally release 1.0.3 with the FINAL (as per 1.0) aerodynamics huh? Please!

The constant changes in aerodynamics and the NEED to use the likes of NEAR and FAR are only making you look bad, and making me NOT want to play this game, out of the fear of yet another breaking change you're going to intro next month, so I have to redesign everything again.

I stopped playing after 0.24.2 due to major changes, now I feel like I should wait for 1.1 until you make up your mind.

Please!

Oh stop your whining. Wait for 1.1 if you have to. The recent tweaks is the aerodynamic model really isn't such a huge deal. If it affected your planes that much they probably weren't that good to begin with.

The only thing that bothered me is the gif on reddit of the space shuttle landing at 25m/s like a sailplane. I haven't upgraded to 1.0.2 purely because I can't be arsed to fix my planes and rockets every time. I've already created a set of working winged and stack lifters and I don't enjoy starting again every patch.

Well every craft I have tried in 1.0 still works in 1.0.2 . The drag is much higher down low (Which I don't really like) but still my crafts especially planes still fly like good planes, just a little different. So if your craft are designed right they should still work

I started career in 1.0 and continue with it in 1.0.2 without any problems. I use only stock version, without any mods. Don't really understand why people think 1.0 was so much better, when you could just open parachute at 30,000 and reenter safely without any overheating.

Look at this. There is nothing bad at not being good at playing a game, but being rude about is.

The change was minimal, as every experienced player should now. FAR, 1.0 atmo, 1.0.1 atmo, all of the reward very similar concepts. There isn't some huge 'learning barrier' between them, I played FAR for a long time and most of the lections can be applied to the new stock atmo.

Edited by Temeter

All my rockets that worked in 1.0 Flips over at gravity turn in 1.0.2 :( Not very fun

Put some fins or winglets at the bottom, problem solved.

1.0 and 1.0.2 where both steps toward realism, I like that, even if it make things harder.

Squad made it clear that 1.0 did not mean "final and stable", and while many of us said that calling it 1.0 will lead to confusion and unsatisfied expectations because of what 1.0 implies, to Squad 1.0 means "feature complete". Feature compete means that all the things they wanted to have in the game are present, but does not mean they are refined/balanced etc.

Squad's only fault is in expectation management and going against labeling convention, they have still delivered a fantastic update, with many new features and many things fixed. Sure there are issues, but they have said more updates are in the pipe, not least of which is a Unity engine upgrade (1.1 which will probably also break things and reek havoc). We just have to mentally think of these releases as still being 0.90.x, stop whining, say thanks for delivering some great new features and be constructive in helping root out the issues.

My only complaint about 1.0.2 is that they nerfed the atmosphere but didn't un-nerf engines to compensate... If you are going back to the "soup-sphere" you better give engines back their lower atmosphere grunt that they had before.

Yeah, but OP could at least say sorry.

+1, terrible thread. If you don't like tweaking and redesigning ships KSP isn't for you anyway.

Edited by Red Iron Crown
No need to be harsh.

People, please stop flaming the OP. He had an opinion and he shared it. Regardless of whether one thinks it is poorly written drivel or a masterpiece in contemporary English literature on the Duality of Man, it does not give us the right to be hostile

Edit: I see a moderator has already handled this :P this is what i get for moderating from the porcelain throne at work xD

Edited by AmpsterMan