A few small things i still miss in career mode.

So far i'm pretty satisfied with how it works, but there are some small things i think would make the experience better.

• I miss a lightweight (less than 1.5 Mk1 command pods) 1.25m cylindrical passenger module, with a capacity of 2 passengers, its size should be in between the FL-T200 and FL-T400 tank, it has "no doors" so you can't use it to recue kerbals from orbit, only for early tourist contracts. This would allow also passenger contracts for airplanes, "bring tourist to specific point on kerbin". (and tourist rockets wouldn't look so damn ugly)
  • No early rovers? It's incredible annoying to collect crew reports and EVAs from all the ground locations on kerbin, i rather do EVAs in munar orbit than ground EVAs on kerbin.
  • The administration building now seems completely useless; too expensive for too little reward

You want a command pod and passenger pods smaller than the Mk1? I don't think a Kerbal can fit in anything smaller.

You're hurting yourself trying to collect science on Kerbin as there is a reduction in the science you get. Go to Mun or Minmus for science and you'll get more faster. If you look at the rover from the perspective of it being a complicated remotely controlled robot, it makes some sense that it is further down the tech tree.

I agree with you on the administration building. I used it in the beginning to trade rep for money, but now it's not so useful.

The best way to get science off of Kerbin is to take a scientist in a pair of sideways capsules and just gather data from the various KSC biomes. You can roll the capsules like a wheel, it works amazingly well.

I think we need a stock launch simulator. I'd like to be able to turn off reverts in the difficulty menu but I need to be able to test craft out without spend a full launch worth of funds.

Something like a sandbox mode ?

I think we need a stock launch simulator. I'd like to be able to turn off reverts in the difficulty menu but I need to be able to test craft out without spend a full launch worth of funds.

So a launch simulator within a launch simulator?

What we need is a wind tunnel. Something where once you get your R&D center to a certain level, it opens up an area where you can subject your craft to different pressure and airspeed conditions, and give you feedback on drag and lift. This would also let you plan aerobraking maneuvers better than save spam. I play with no reverts and no quicksave, because if I make a mistake I like it to feel like its a serious issue, but losing my pilots because the rocket flipped or the aerobrake was too high/low is almost random chance.

• The administration building now seems completely useless; too expensive for too little reward

I do remember in 0.90 the funds-to-science strategy was ridiculously powerful, allowing me to fill out the tech tree before leaving Kerbin SOI. That definitely needed to be nerfed, but I'm sad the nerf happened to the rest of the strategies as well...

I always dreamed of a mod that would add this. Picture a blue-ish sphere with white lines for reference, where you set the size, gravity, atmosphere. And then you launch a copy-cat replica of a ship you created (say, it has the right shape and stages and all but it looks like it's a white plastic model for a wind tunnel). Then you can fiddle around with it ala hyperedit to see how it behaves. Hell, it could even be incorporated into career with different levels of simulation it can do so you have to upgrade it. It could even be it's own building! The Computing and Simulation Building.

Too bad I know squat about modding. :(

Early rovers are sort of possible, if you don't mind them looking like this.

I use a vehicle very similar to that and I get the following science done in and around KSC; crew report, eva report, eva flying low, surface sample, mystery goo, materials, temperature, and barometric. The biomes are Launch Pad, Runway, Crawler Way, Administration Bldg, Astronaut Building, VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, Mission Control and Research Center. Not to mention that the grasslands and shores biomes are fairly close too.

Depending on the craft and mods used, 1 to 2 trips is enough science to get through the 45 science tier. About 500 science if memory serves. After that the best gains are in orbit or the Mun and Minmus and I don't do any Kerbin science unless I land in a new biome.

[*]I miss a lightweight (less than 1.5 Mk1 command pods) 1.25m cylindrical passenger module, with a capacity of 2 passengers, its size should be in between the FL-T200 and FL-T400 tank, it has "no doors" so you can't use it to recue kerbals from orbit, only for early tourist contracts. This would allow also passenger contracts for airplanes, "bring tourist to specific point on kerbin". (and tourist rockets wouldn't look so damn ugly)

Ven's Revamp had something like that for 0.90; it was fun (although only held one if memory serves). Not having a passenger entrance doesn't stop you from doing rescue contracts though. Just EVA the pilot, put the passenger into the pilot's capsule, transfer from the capsule to the storage pod, and then put the pilot back in (or just transfer the pilot directly, if you don't care about SAS, and you really shouldn't on re-entry).

[*]No early rovers? It's incredible annoying to collect crew reports and EVAs from all the ground locations on kerbin, i rather do EVAs in munar orbit than ground EVAs on kerbin.

While I agree that rovers are strangely late in the tech tree, surface Kerbin science needs to die in a fire. It's senseless (it would have been done by kerbals long before the space program), not worth doing (500 science as noted above is like.. two trips to the Mun or .. 15 minutes).

[*]The administration building now seems completely useless; too expensive for too little reward

I've gotten use out of it before. I did the funds->rep strategy before to open up the two and three star contracts sooner. They could probably do with some massaging though.

Early rovers are sort of possible, if you don't mind them looking like this.

With a scientist, you only need one of each experiment y'know~ You gotta get out of the cockpit to get ground samples anyways..

>.<

I use a vehicle very similar to that and I get the following science done in and around KSC; crew report, eva report, eva flying low, surface sample, mystery goo, materials, temperature, and barometric. The biomes are Launch Pad, Runway, Crawler Way, Administration Bldg, Astronaut Building, VAB, SPH, Tracking Station, Mission Control and Research Center. Not to mention that the grasslands and shores biomes are fairly close too.

Depending on the craft and mods used, 1 to 2 trips is enough science to get through the 45 science tier. About 500 science if memory serves. After that the best gains are in orbit or the Mun and Minmus and I don't do any Kerbin science unless I land in a new biome.

There are a few more biomes there: Flag pole and I think 2 of the tank structures (at least 1) count as a biome - next to the VAB and 1 in the R&D section I think.

[thread=92377]Kerbal Construction Time[/thread] has a launch simulator built in:

Simulate your vessels before building to ensure they work as intended, in orbit around any planets you've visited.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.