What new parts would people be interested in seeing?

What parts do you want to see?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. What parts do you want to see?

• 3.75 metre versions of typcal 2.5 metre parts - Command module, monoprop, science lab, yada yada
    • Capsules
    • Station Parts
    • 5 metre SUPER ENGINES
    • Extended Science Parts - Ionisation experiments, strength testing, biological testing
    • Other

Oh, also: SCRAMJETS

That would solve a lot of the current complaints about spaceplanes without being too gamebreaking.. 'regular' jets to get you up to the current ~20km limits, then with enough speed up kick over to scramjets for hypersonics.. I'd suggest it'd require pairing with some form of dedicated intake, as well.. one that can track air speed as well as density. Too low a speed and too high a density (ie: you're too slow or too low) and the engine is 'flamed out' (so to speak..)

- small size air-brake; current one looks a bit silly on small aircraft.

- surface sample drill; a small drill that can take surface sample(s) for use on an unmanned probe (with a lower science yield than doing a surface sample with a Kerbal)

- sample/science result container; a small container part (like a lunch box) that Kerbals can store science data in. For use with a command chair based rover, so you can rove about and collect a number of samples without needing to drag a command pod along with you. (if used on the same craft as the surface sample drill it should enable the drill to store multiple samples too).

Hmm...

Capsules and Station Parts fits here as well ;) -> 3.75 metre versions of typcal 2.5 metre parts - Command module, monoprop, science lab, yada yada

but I do agree we need more 3.75 parts and not only engines and tanks,

1. 3,75m storage (right now we have 2.5 and 1.25 only, would be also nice to have those two with larger height, so we could use them in many new ways),

2. Less wobble docking ports or... call it as you like just make something with stronger connection than docking ports,

3. 0.625m and 1.8m SRB,

4. More science stuff, maybe parts to get oxygen and water,

5. At least one more size of drill and claw,

6. Bigger and stronger landing legs (since we have new landing gear, medium and heavy, would be nice to have same sizes for landers and keep current legs sizes),

7. Two and four crew capsules, (maybe with different options like built-in small storage or RCS),

8. Rover cockpit/cabin, smaller than mk cockpits for 1 kerbal and wider for 2 kerbals, anyone seen "Last days on Mars" movie?

We need rovers like there, 3 different parts for rovers: cabin (lots of windows), crew section and storage section (works like storage but should not be round),

9. Since electrical power is more important we need larger batteries - those placed radially (400 units) are bit small,

I think any parts other than new experiments would be good good.

And even new experiments can be good if they are not just more "go to a place, click" things.

For example an experiment where you actually have to recover the part would be interesting.

Just don't add too many parts unless there is some solution to RAM problems...

Edited by Joonatan1998

I first thought another 1.25m capsule would be pointless, but you totally convinced me here.

Only thing : How would you fit 2 kerbals inside a 1.25m capsule ? the one we already have is relatively big already and only seats one.

It could have a 1.25m base, but be egg shaped so that 2 can fit.

It could have a 1.25m base, but be egg shaped so that 2 can fit.

Slightly shameless plug, but I know that 2 Kerbals can fit in a 1.25m pod without their helmets.

Check my own: Link as well as the Tantares soyuz. The K2 deserves mention as well, but I don't think it has an IVA?

I would still like to see something in the stock game however, I think that the multicrew pods come too late and are all too big for the early and early-mid game. I'd also like to see what Squad's take on such a pod would be.

Electric propellers is all I want.

E: didnt say a thing about mk3 cargo ramps and hoses because I hope Squad realizes it's a thing that needs to happen in the next update

Edited by Veeltch

• Refueling hoses

• Nuclear power reactors (or bimodal NTRs) with associated radiator parts

• Refueling hoses

• LF-only option on tanks

• Refueling hoses

• two-kerbal capsule

• Refueling hoses

• Struts that can be added during EVA

• And, I don't know...maybe something that could allow transfer of resources between ships on the surface of a moon/planet.

Science parts and lots of then.

pick 3 or more of the most well known science probes in human history

list the science sensors on each and kerbalise them.

the launch dates of those craft even tells you where they belong on the tech tree.

Edited by mattinoz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.