Looking at my school clubs for next year and found this

KrizzGaming

Nice. Games that are both fun and educational always draw the attention school clubs like this. Even Minecraft did, which had it's moments but was far less educational than KSP. There will likely be a lot of this now that Kerbal EDU and 1.0 are here.

Back when I was in 8th grade, we didn't have these fancy video programs to simulate a space program. All we could do was count down from 10 and throw rocks as high in the air as we could. The rocks usually didn't make it into orbit, and they regularly fell back down and hit one of us in the head. Space travel was rough back then.

Aww, this sounds so fun!

Maybe I can get one for my school. I know the principal pretty darn well, and I told her about KSP once...

And no, I don't know her because I'm a troublemaker, it's robotics business. :D

Back when I was in 8th grade, we didn't have these fancy video programs to simulate a space program. All we could do was count down from 10 and throw rocks as high in the air as we could. The rocks usually didn't make it into orbit, and they regularly fell back down and hit one of us in the head. Space travel was rough back then.

Rocks? We used little brothers... and sisters too til mom put an end to that. Still, I wonder where Robby is now?

I wish I could retire now and start a club like that, it actually sounds like fun.

Wow... Why haven't I thought about that?

Probably I can go to my school and ask if they will allow me to lead a "physics afterclass" for those interested in this, where I will tell them the mathematical and physical basis of spaceflight, and hen we will be able to check their solutions on practice...

I teach physics and, while I haven't directly used KSP in my classes, a lot of the example problems I use are, shall we say, inspired by my experience with KSP.

Today I walked a group of students through deriving the Tsiolkovsky Rocket Equation (you know, the one we use to calculate ∆v available) from scratch. Good times.

Im glad this is a thing.

I remember there were similar things for me back in middle school, that's what got me started in scale model building, the experience from which I then took to building RC models.

Im sure for some kids this will be their first experience in what will become a lifelong hobby/interest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.