Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

what do you think the shuttle needs the most?

A download with just the most up to date parts. (Not 3 diff cockpits. Pick one and lets just use it. Use the windows version. Too much variety is a bad thing.)

Tail Control fixed. (Too many options in the right click menu)

RCS fixed in windows cockpit.

Docking port removed from cargo bay crew section. (Leave a node to place our own.)

Better dump fuel valve. (Maybe make one similar to the one in this pack. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-23-5-16-Mar-Smart-Parts-V0-5-NEW-Improved-parts-and-new-valve)

my goal is to have one download for one set of parts. for now its in development and the multiple parts are for people to test and compare. I DID NOT have to release any downloads at all, but I thought I might be open about things and let people have a play and test

yes I am aware of the window cockpit rcs problem, I didn't bother running it through unity again until I knew the standard was working

I don't understand what you mean about docking port. its a separate piece. just take it off in the vab...?

dump valve is an easy way to remove monoprop for testing re-entry .

lets focus on its production, not promotion

don't like how the download is, don't download it.

its not finished yet, I never said it was.

if you read yesterdays post I did say I will be modifying the cfs's for the flaps

as for now im doing the more realistic wheels:

MYgS0Vd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Id like an orientation fix of the canadarm parts, i really have a hard time assembling it :o

yes sorry I just threw it on there... need to correctly align the attach nodes and do more helpful descriptions. also put it into the whats it called tab in ksp. the prefab construction addon thing

- - - Updated - - -

A download with just the most up to date parts. (Not 3 diff cockpits. Pick one and lets just use it. Use the windows version. Too much variety is a bad thing.)

Tail Control fixed. (Too many options in the right click menu)

RCS fixed in windows cockpit.

Docking port removed from cargo bay crew section. (Leave a node to place our own.)

Better dump fuel valve. (Maybe make one similar to the one in this pack. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-23-5-16-Mar-Smart-Parts-V0-5-NEW-Improved-parts-and-new-valve)

thanks for the link. does anyone know if the shuttle had one? I can model it to look like that or something fitting but do the same function and add effects to it

Dunno if there were rear windows, but i know there are roof windows. but take your time, i puzzled my package together. :D

- - - Updated - - -

And one thing to cheech: all pats should stay in the package as long asit is dev, else we cant say 'nice one' or 'fail' you know? how am i supposed to test parts whom show not up in vab?

I don't understand what you mean about docking port. its a separate piece. just take it off in the vab...?

lets focus on its production, not promotion

don't like how the download is, don't download it.

its not finished yet, I never said it was.

I tried removing the docking port off the airlock but its all one piece. Just cut it off in the editor and lower the node to mach up for the APAS include in the pack. The one thats modeled onto the airlock in non functional.

0uK0ikF.png

As for the download its kind of hard to do testing when there is 3 different cockpits, 2 different Engine Mounts, and 2 different Tail Control Surfaces and everyone is using a different combo. Just thin it down so we are all testing the same combos thats all. And for the Canadarm i would just leave it out till Romfarer updates his plugin.

Im pretty sure the shuttle dumped OMS fuel through the RCS ports. I think it fired the left and right ports at the same time so it didnt affect direction

interesting. it will take some time... and the cabin does have rear windows, but the camera cant rotate that far. but once I make the kerbal seating (always eva view) you can control the shuttle AND look around everywhere... unless you modify ksp's internal camera settings?

normally in this game kerbals disappear when they go iva so you don't see them on external view so I have to make it work somehow, so therefore external command seats in the cockpit. but you wont get proper functioning iva controls, just the 3d modeled one

hope that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

I tried removing the docking port off the airlock but its all one piece. Just cut it off in the editor and lower the node to mach up for the APAS include in the pack. The one thats modeled onto the airlock in non functional.

http://i.imgur.com/0uK0ikF.png

As for the download its kind of hard to do testing when there is 3 different cockpits, 2 different Engine Mounts, and 2 different Tail Control Surfaces and everyone is using a different combo. Just thin it down so we are all testing the same combos thats all. And for the Canadarm i would just leave it out till Romfarer updates his plugin.

ok I understand what you mean about the docking thing.

give me 30 mins to remodel

I need all pieces to remain in download for now.

what you can do is delete the files that are included when you download, or I can release a separate one made just the way you like it

and yes people may not want to use one type of cockpit or only want the newer engine mount. if I include only one for now then they no longer have a choice.

I need more feedback on what people want but I haven't had that yet

also I will put on actual glass panels so the kerbals aren't suffocating in space lol

while im doing airlock should I animate it?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm command seats may work but it might mess up how they go on EVA and crew transfer ect. Also how will you actually view the IVA if you use command seats??

yes these are points I have been thinking about.

you wont get true iva but you get the same dashboard infront of you but I don't think the controls will move around and there will be no buttons to press

that's KSP.... gotta work with what we got

- - - Updated - - -

@Cheech. would you rather I get the dock functional?

To be honest I would rather have an immersive IVA with RPM than being able to see kerbals from the outside... You could make two cockpits, one with the clear windows and one for the RPM IVA?? (Actually i think you have that already)

I guess itd be more work to get it functional than cutting the dp model down plus it adds some sort of modularity for other mods docking nodes. :) I cant decide yet which parts i prefer, actually there are 5 shuttles in LKO dropping off their cargo, cant tell if they are similar :D

With the whole transparent windows vs immersive IVA discussion, I'm fairly sure (but not entirely certain) that RPM is usable to create transparent windows with viewable kerbals and functioning IVA. I believe this is Sumgai's plan for FusTek, and Alextus has used it for his new rover. Maybe when the new IVA is complete, this could be researched.

(apologis if I spelled their usernames wrong...I'm only brainstorming :sticktongue: )

Here's an example of it in use, and it requires RPM...I think it uses that for it: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84054-v0-90-v-25-Transparent-Pods-v1-2-2-for-KSP-v0-90

Edited by MrMeeb

With the whole transparent windows vs immersive IVA discussion, I'm fairly sure (but not entirely certain) that RPM is usable to create transparent windows with viewable kerbals and functioning IVA. I believe this is Sumgai's plan for FusTek, and Alextus has used it for his new rover. Maybe when the new IVA is complete, this could be researched.

(apologis if I spelled their usernames wrong...I'm only brainstorming :sticktongue: )

that's some good information I will look into that and do some learnering

- - - Updated - - -

also the airlock hatch is now animated. but totally not necessary. so right click on the part to 'open' then just enter as normal

anyone want this or nah...

the airlock hatch is now animated. but totally not necessary. so right click on the part to 'open' then just enter as normal

anyone want this or nah...

I like the sound of it...I'm always one of little details like that

hmm so again same question why am I making new shuttle if you Mike are putting everything from my new shuttle to the old one?

So guys what do you suggest? the new one is nearly ready from modeling and texture perspective and animation perspective.

Just a few days and I can finally say to me and to others that it is completed for 100%

But as I am looking here in this thread I am confused. On one side I am happy Mike that you are doing something with the current shuttle but on the other hand I am a little bit pissed cause you are putting the things from my gifs which will be in the new shuttle, to the old one. So I think there will be no need to have two same shuttles with the same things. No offense and as I said I am happy that you are doing something with the current shuttle. I just think there should be a better communication flow about this. do not take it as offense just my 2 cents.

hmm so again same question why am I making new shuttle if you Mike are putting everything from my new shuttle to the old one?

So guys what do you suggest? the new one is nearly ready from modeling and texture perspective and animation perspective.

Just a few days and I can finally say to me and to others that it is completed for 100%

But as I am looking here in this thread I am confused. On one side I am happy Mike that you are doing something with the current shuttle but on the other hand I am a little bit pissed cause you are putting the things from my gifs which will be in the new shuttle, to the old one. So I think there will be no need to have two same shuttles with the same things. No offense and as I said I am happy that you are doing something with the current shuttle. I just think there should be a better communication flow about this. do not take it as offense just my 2 cents.

I think itsneccesarry to get more organized here indeed. Its becomming a bit of a mess this way with a file here and there. You can see we all are technical/nerdy people with little skill in organizing. Autism is ruling here lol.

Wy don't we (the ones working/adding on/to the shuttle) unite via some kinda communication tool (steam i.e.) and create something great all together? Let a select people test the stuff we are working on and only post/release finished stuff.