Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Just tr to deploy it right before you touchdown, funny things will happen. :D Your crew will be unharmed though, this Shuttle is pretty tough.

Yup it has been adjusted and will upload a improved maneuverability patch soon

Yup it has been adjusted and will upload a improved maneuverability patch soon

As you are still updating, maybe its best that I send the configs with updated aero to you and you very carefully merge the stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

UFC completed. ETA for the rest of the cockpit, the year 2024 :P

uc?export=download&id=0B-ALRjYUGKH7NGc5LTkzWnd6SDg

As you are still updating, maybe its best that I send the configs with updated aero to you and you very carefully merge the stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

UFC completed. ETA for the rest of the cockpit, the year 2024 :P

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-ALRjYUGKH7NGc5LTkzWnd6SDg

That sounds good. I am good at identifying what parts you would have modified.

I will be sure to credit you for your work too

That sounds good. I am good at identifying what parts you would have modified.

I will be sure to credit you for your work too

Don't wory about crediting me, lets just create a freaking awesome shuttle ;-)

yup no worries I will pm you the changed cfg's so you can see the merge.

the tail will be tricky due to the remodified parachute.

we will see.

thank you so much again

I see you made separate folders for the crew cabins or renamed it. I had to change directory in the cfg back to CSSCrewSection

also please compare our cfg's as things like generator, thrust power, texture switch ect are coded wrong or missing in my old version that you have

oh and how do I recalculate for engine mount having less oms fuel.

mine 1800 yours 2200

Shouldnt be a problem. Empty they should weigh the same and thats when you need the right CoM

- - - Updated - - -

You can change all those things. Just copy everything down from mass to the lifting modules.

well done.

it feels heavier, I should say it feels like it actually has weight now

the control surfaces are rather high drag but I guess that is important to get it to work right

and if your too slow the nose drops and its all over haha

let me just sort this airbrake and parachute and I will give you the combined work

maybe you can tune it a bit for me too

also the rcs problem was unity changing my partnames around. "oh noo there are duplicate names, let me fix that for you without telling you!"

unity needs a good kick sometimes!

- - - Updated - - -

Sure thing! I am really happy how it flies now on stock.

I have only been dropping the orbiter from a few thousand meters for now.

- - - Updated - - -

I have only been dropping the orbiter from a few thousand meters for now.

You had problems flying it or did you like it? Not sure if I did understand your previous message correctly ;-)

Hyperedit it up to 2000 metres and nose dive it then fly it around and land. I havent done reentry yet. It's good. No more infiniglide. You miss the runway youre screwed haha.

It's good

I got the chute drag lowered a lot. I had to drop its drag from 170 to something like 0.1 this games physics is strange

it pulls like 5 g at the moment. but it doesn't flip the orbiter over or anything

bit much?

also the airbrake works unlike the last one lol just adjusting drag.

- - - Updated - - -

and it drops off at low speed like the real orbiter too. once it does that then you apply the brakes

- - - Updated - - -

would we like an animation of small flaps opening in the base of the tail to let out the chute?

I got the chute drag lowered a lot. I had to drop its drag from 170 to something like 0.1 this games physics is strange

it pulls like 5 g at the moment. but it doesn't flip the orbiter over or anything

bit much?

also the airbrake works unlike the last one lol just adjusting drag.

- - - Updated - - -

and it drops off at low speed like the real orbiter too. once it does that then you apply the brakes

- - - Updated - - -

would we like an animation of small flaps opening in the base of the tail to let out the chute?

Do you think you can map the dropping of the chute to an action group? Is it a jettison?

I think I can map those functions to their real life counterpart knobs in the IVA cockpit.

Well, the parachute is staged, right? Why not have a physicsless casing at the lower rear of the stabilizer which decouples (and explodes on the runwsy gnihi) triggered through staging?

Maybe it is even possible to have ot look like the casings pulls out the chute...thats more or less even realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is maybe a bit too much of work, dunno (yet). :)

im just modifying it so it doesn't just slow all of a sudden. more gradual slow down... at a good speed

- - - Updated - - -

one last race up the dragstrip (runway) and deploy then I post

- - - Updated - - -

also try the airbrake. get a steady glidespeed then hit the brakes. also the chute is staging and can be actiongroup I think

naaaah

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voktayytjs2j8od/GameData.zip?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

just overwrite your files with these.

Jeast make sure you change the directories if yours are different

if you don't see changes then delete your partdatabase.cfg in the ksp main folder. it will make a new one automatically

- - - Updated - - -

oh and there are 2 tail control surfaces. normal and number 2

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the parachute is staged, right? Why not have a physicsless casing at the lower rear of the stabilizer which decouples (and explodes on the runwsy gnihi) triggered through staging?

Maybe it is even possible to have ot look like the casings pulls out the chute...thats more or less even realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

But that is maybe a bit too much of work, dunno (yet). :)

I will look into it.

the tail is a normal surface with parachute built in and the staging icon is a tailfin. cool.