Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

yeah , but if you tweak aero for FAR it is likely you break stock behaviour...maybe having two versions to satisfy all? (not that this is possible :)) i forgot, MM patches are possible, too...nvm

Sneak peak on the IVA work in progress (man that takes a lot of work)

Ya know, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite KSP mods...

and I don't even have it installed.

Great work Jeast!

Question, is this ISS mentioned on this thread going to be included in this mod or stand alone?

I'm not sure which one you guys are talking about, can't seem to find it here on the forums is why I ask

Ya know, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite KSP mods...

and I don't even have it installed.

Great work Jeast!

Question, is this ISS mentioned on this thread going to be included in this mod or stand alone?

I'm not sure which one you guys are talking about, can't seem to find it here on the forums is why I ask

It gonna be stand alone and packaged with the dream chaser. There's a link a page or two back.

Here's the link http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124258-ISS-and-DREAMCHASER-1-0-2-release-thread

Edited by sp1989

It gonna be stand alone and packaged with the dream chaser. There's a link a page or two back.

Here's the link http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124258-ISS-and-DREAMCHASER-1-0-2-release-thread

thanks, I was just going to ask you for it.

I went back from here to page 36 and didn't see it.

good possibility I missed it with these eyes

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at the videos on page 1, nice addition!

ok, I'm not really educated on the licensing of mods on this forum but a line on the first page confuses me...

"Please note I am not the original developer."

Don't you think this mod is so far past the original design that it has become it's own entity?

Isn't it like AMG who changes a Mercedes so much they get to add their own tag to the car?

If you use MechJeb the shuttle really has a hard time with manuver nodes. They move all over the nav ball.

That's why I'm working on "porting" the IBM AP-101 (the Shuttle's computer, it's operating system was called HAL/S, silly NASA!) programs to kOS, with the help of the actual manual of the shuttle. It probably will take a long time to convert from the odd in today's terms HAL/S to the modern kOS. Although if someone could make a plugin that emulates HAL/S in-game that would make things easier.

Ok guys I have some news. I have been tweaking a lot (stock aero) and I think we are getting somewhere. I am uploading a vid right now but it glides a lot better and is still stalling around 50m/s.

In the vid I am even gliding in with a 15 degree slope and still make it to the runway.

Yeah stock, sorry haha.

Here I come in at a shallow angle to show how the speed/drag goes. I also stall it above the rwy to show the stall speed.

I am happy with the result. I just did a full mission and speed stays great at a 20 degree glideslope. S turns worked also.

You will be making alot of people happy. What was the main fault?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and when you are ready fo this to be an update I will include those tweaks I did to help its stability. (The ones we want to keep) like extra RCS power or whatever alond with the textureswitch fix, the wheels fix and etc etc

So what do we choose to keep from my last update?

Is anyone else having problems with the right gear becoming slightly open and causing drag?

I know. I fixed that issue and will be in the coming patch along with other good stuff

awesome, thanks

Thanks for submitting the problem.

Can I get more people testing the maneuverability update I posted please. Let me know what you like and dont

On page 1

- - - Updated - - -

Also the rcs in the nose dont really work.

I see an issue with the Com and CoL. The CoL is way to far to the rear

http://imgur.com/a/TixWf

How do you mean rcs in nose doesnt work?

Is it too weak or not functioning at all?

Edited by Mike-NZ

I've got some good news guys, with the update, I finally had a launch where I wasn't fighting it the whole time. To be honest, it was a very easy launch. Now to test the landing.....