Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

I've got some good news guys, with the update, I finally had a launch where I wasn't fighting it the whole time. To be honest, it was a very easy launch. Now to test the landing.....

Easy like unrealistically easy? Lol. There were no aero changes in that recent update but Jeast has one coming. Things may change again.

Good to see things are getting better!

Now I just need to know what to take back out of that update or keep it all in?

Like fuel tank reaction wheel too strong or rcs overpowered.

Please test they work for me

Thanks

Easy like unrealistically easy? Lol. There were no aero changes in that recent update but Jeast has one coming. Things may change again.

Good to see things are getting better!

Now I just need to know what to take back out of that update or keep it all in?

Like fuel tank reaction wheel too strong or rcs overpowered.

Please test they work for me

Thanks

I don't think it was unrealistic, I really liked it. I think it.s fine how it is, one thing with the rcs though, you can't see the rcs coming from the nose, I think it's working though.

Also how are people finding the ascent speed? Too fast/slow. And the srb decouppling? I can change the way it seperates or whatever.

Also i want to put in realistic sounds for engine and srb's

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it was unrealistic, I really liked it. I think it.s fine how it is, one thing with the rcs though, you can't see the rcs coming from the nose, I think it's working though.

I c. Cheech did mention but didnt go into detail.

I will check if I did something wrong in the cfg or they didnt scale correctly.

Thanks

The right landing gear is still hanging out slightly

Can you please check if I included the landing gear cfg's with that update? I know I fixed it on my pc but cant remember if I posted it

Ok I have a few things to release like working textureswitch for cabin and cargobay and of course the wheel fix and some other things. Give me 3 hours or so till im off work for the weekend

Mike,

I like how the shuttle launches in your last update. Very stable. Don't know if its realistic but in real life the whole launch gets flown by autopilot so I don't see a problem there. The only thing I was having issues with are the right gear and the canadarm wich also sometimes clips out of the model while reentering.

Maybe when you have a fix you can send it to me, Ill merge the aero fix and send it back to you to post on the first page?

Ooh btw, is it an idea that instead of your canadarm you include the RKE Kanadarm? I use it and love it. Works like a charm.

Took update 6 for another spin, it flew surprisingly well, even with some 'oh ....!' moments because i messed up the point of reentry...it was no problem to get a touchdown on an Island...well ok, Bill complained all the time and muddled stuff about women and Valentinas flight skills....

- - - Updated - - -

OMS is really weak now (as it should be)and doesnt apply considerable torque to the shuttle. good job guys. :]

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot: at least in the one part cockpit rcs doesnt respond.

Mike,

I like how the shuttle launches in your last update. Very stable. Don't know if its realistic but in real life the whole launch gets flown by autopilot so I don't see a problem there. The only thing I was having issues with are the right gear and the canadarm wich also sometimes clips out of the model while reentering.

Maybe when you have a fix you can send it to me, Ill merge the aero fix and send it back to you to post on the first page?

Ooh btw, is it an idea that instead of your canadarm you include the RKE Kanadarm? I use it and love it. Works like a charm.

Ok so...

ive responded to others with the same issue already, I have indeed fixed the wheels but forgot to put in update.

These wheels are a temporary set until I get mine finished.

also as I posted when I released the canadarm I mentioned that it will do as you say and needs quantum struts or the KAS struts to hold it in place because it wobbles. This will also happen to RKE kanadarm or any object that long. Seriously.

These struts can be turned on and off to hold and release.

I intend to set them as 'physicsless parts'

Also the rke kanadarm I have but didn't use because the one included is what the shuttle used unless ofcourse they used it in a updated orbiter?

I did say it wasnt realistic but so far I have got positive feedback on it .

I set it as a starting point and would make adjustaments from what people think it should be/ shouldnt be.

Thanks for letting me know about the rcs. I have been told and will fix it asap.

Let me know what adjustments you want done based on that update I posted

- - - Updated - - -

Took update 6 for another spin, it flew surprisingly well, even with some 'oh ....!' moments because i messed up the point of reentry...it was no problem to get a touchdown on an Island...well ok, Bill complained all the time and muddled stuff about women and Valentinas flight skills....

- - - Updated - - -

OMS is really weak now (as it should be)and doesnt apply considerable torque to the shuttle. good job guys. :]

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot: at least in the one part cockpit rcs doesnt respond.

Please note that the aero fix that Jeast has made and seems to work well has not uet been applied yet so it should be even better.

So update 6 is old now...

rcs is getting fixed tonight. Thanks for the heads up

Also did you try the maneuverability update that has been added to the front page recently?

We will get there eventually...

still so much to add to this, it will be amazing. Were just in the beta stage really

Now it flies great :D Just like a brick should, slow, clumsy but always controllable. :)

I set up a catastrophic failure, while ascending one of the boosters suddenly overheated at a speed of 1100 m/s (sepratron stagin whooo). I managed to get it under control before dropping below 10 km :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh even physical timewarp is not longer a problem, with KJR, that is.

Now it flies great :D Just like a brick should, slow, clumsy but always controllable. :)

I set up a catastrophic failure, while ascending one of the boosters suddenly overheated at a speed of 1100 m/s (sepratron stagin whooo). I managed to get it under control before dropping below 10 km :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh even physical timewarp is not longer a problem, with KJR, that is.

It's alot of fun isnt it!

- - - Updated - - -

@Jeast. I do look forward to your update and I will need to fix my files as I have modified quite a bit to get it up to the next stage release so they wont match yours... but if you can add your work but maintain what I have changed it should be ok.

Also I havent had too much feedback on the maneuverability edit I did. I went overboard on the stability and control etc expecting to cut it back to a good level but dont know where to keep it. Any suggestions?

THe landig parachute is pretty strong Oo---just tested it yet, it almost rips apart the tail :D

Is it?!?! Aw man it doesnt work for me.... what mods do you have?

I turned it way up to see if I can notice it.

maybe I need a new install...

You should ask which mods i dont have, thatll be way faster :D but for testing purposes; no realchute, no revamp, no FAR and no DRE. If i deploy the chute before touchdown the Shuttle flips over. Guess it should be way weaker and smaller, because it is a drag chute.

@Jeast. If you use the 1.6 full update. Add what you think is good from the maneuverability patch and add your work then send me the modified cfg's so you dont need to upload all the texture and model files?

Or would you rather upload everything and send me a link?

After touchdown the parachute stops you in a neck braking half second, imho way too dangerous. With DRE the crew were dead meat splattered over the instruments.:D

Edited by Tyren
typos everywhere T.T

You should ask which mods i dont have, thatll be way faster :D but for testing purposes; no realchute, no revamp, no FAR and no DRE. If i deploy the chute before touchdown the Shuttle flips over. Guess it should be way weaker and smaller, because it is a drag chute.

Yes I used a drag chute model and applied the large chute sertings.

Let me fix my install and modify it again

use the small drogue chute model and settings; look at this:

space-shuttle-landing-drag-chute.jpg

THe chute is as big as the tail wing in real life at most. Because Kerbins atmosphere is still thin soup, we should make it way smaller. :)

use the small drogue chute model and settings; look at this:

http://cdn4.explainthatstuff.com/space-shuttle-landing-drag-chute.jpg

THe chute is as big as the tail wing in real life at most. Because Kerbins atmosphere is still thin soup, we should make it way smaller. :)

Do you mean use the same chute it has but make its settings weaker?

@Jeast. If you use the 1.6 full update. Add what you think is good from the maneuverability patch and add your work then send me the modified cfg's so you dont need to upload all the texture and model files?

Or would you rather upload everything and send me a link?

Okay man, will do that.

a lot weaker, somewhat along an eighth to a quarter the drag+if possible, full deployment at touchdown, semideployment in flight.

Ok I just installed new game and will test now