Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Will FASA has some nova parts. I suppose a dive in to the Apollo Applications Program would be really interesting.
Those giant AJ-260 solid rocket motors meant to replace the lower stage of the Saturn IB and also meant to be used as strapon boosters for the Saturn V would be cool.

Would you be able to do the alternate textures like on the shuttle? I know there are two versions of the X-37, Air Force and NASA, but I believe the only difference is appearance and paint scheme.

The X-37B is solely operated by the USAF. However, Boeing proposed a crewed variant for NASA transport to the ISS called the X-37C, which is significantly larger than its Air Force counterpart. Mike's image is of the X-37A, an atmospheric test glider that was jointly tested by NASA and the USAF, hence the NASA markings.

mid-aft-apas-x-37b.jpg

x-37b-size-comparison.jpg

BTW I know we already have dreamchaser, but this would be freaking awesome.

Mike, I have some work with programming, after all my degree is Computer and Information Systems. I might be able to crank out an installer once you've completed the pack.

You are a life saver please stick around. I would he happy to have your help

- - - Updated - - -

The X-37B is solely operated by the USAF. However, Boeing proposed a crewed variant for NASA transport to the ISS called the X-37C, which is significantly larger than its Air Force counterpart. Mike's image is of the X-37A, an atmospheric test glider that was jointly tested by NASA and the USAF, hence the NASA markings.

http://i1.wp.com/www.spacesafetymagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/mid-aft-apas-x-37b.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/www.spacesafetymagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/x-37b-size-comparison.jpg

BTW I know we already have dreamchaser, but this would be freaking awesome.

I will save this to my desktop thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

FASA is still an active mod, but it doesn't have DynaSoar.

Mike, make a Dyna-Soar!

It is being built... I uploaded pics to one of my forums

Thats what i meant i was eating icecream

- - - Updated - - -

How do i acctualy attach the Soyuz to the clamps?

I can make a basic surround for the Soyuz but I think triston and liguid hupe would be better at doing that.

I attach a decoupler to the underside of the Soyuz to give it a attach node and then attach that to the node on the tower.

I will update Soyuz to attach right in time.

so with the tower, that node is a decoupler. build up from it or attach tower to an already built unit

- - - Updated - - -

bobcats American pack (patched) added to ISS Dreamchaser forum page 1

shuttle now has its inbuilt KA Band dish.

working, animated, transmits.

looking to make it track the tracking station.

also camera added, working.

7MTmyKq.jpgLzKRRTs.png

- - - Updated - - -

also updated orbiter cargobays with more detailed models

will have the same problem of constant releases. for now if I think something is good enough it goes on page one.

im trying to keep atleast the shuttle updates as simple as I can and keep unrelated stuff out of it.

during development you will be seeing a lot of new things on this thread...

Recreated the plan for STS-1, a RTLS abort demonstration. this plan was later changed to what flew, because the astros vetoed the idea. Powered turn around was pretty terrifying. There should be presets in the texture changing thing to make different orbiters with the click of a button.

xFCgTEs.png

Mike, It's rather difficult to keep up with what's what, and what's where, with your wonderful work. I think you should take flightmanmicah up on his offer, and let him make a single package installer. Just my $0.02. Keep up the good work.

Like Mike said, it would be constant releases still. Although I may know some programming, having it automatically update from online as a new update comes out is rather complicated. Considering the amount of updates and the amount of people going to download this. There is no way on this earth my computer or Mikes could handle all the internet traffic. We'd need to purchase server space and bandwidth with a company. Best thing we can do is come up with increment downloads with the installer of parts that work and run with that. Maybe update the installer every few months. The rest of the time would probably still be chaotic updates via the forum and dropbox.