Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

just confirming..

I delete CSS.craft and replace it with Space Shuttle.craft in KSP/Ships/vab/ correct?

Which in terms of date and time puts us in the future compared to the US etc

how about tomorrow's stock prices here in the U.S. ...partner???

Edited by iDisOrder

@iDisorder yes thats correct. I changed its name from css to Space Shuttle in ksp. It just looked more informative

Also has anyone noticed if drag on the tail is too much and causing it to flip back on re entry? Im sure Com and Col is correct now.

And if anyone is willing to test putting weights in different places in yhe cargobay or reaction wheels in to sre what helps that would be hepfull

thanks again to all the testers out there

- - - Updated - - -

@jozvin yes this is a tricky craft for ksp. planes in general dont seem to do too well. Even scot manlys designs are a struggle as he shows on his videos.

But I will manipulate it enough until I get it right.

They dont? I will fix asap and release a fix in within the next two hours

edit: I had a quick test and they do seem to be functioning.

do you have the current release of Kerbal Space Program (1.0.2) and the CSS? (1.1.3). also have you loaded the new craft called Space Shuttle in the VAB. (this replaces the one called CSS)

other reasons could be a conflicting mod or incompatibility with a previous version of the CSS.

otherwise it might pay to delete the old CSS folder and re-download and install the current mod

9WXfNFd.jpg

Edited by Mike-NZ

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue on launch but with supplied main engines it either spins out of control or explodes at around 5000 m/s am I missing something like plugin or a setting please help using different engines works fine but would like to use what came with the set just looks better

It that on the launchpad or high up in the air? I cant see how it can go 5000 m/s it doesn't have that much power in it does it?. Have you got the latest version 1.1.3 and completely delete the old version before using this? I would like to help you out. Do you have any other mods?

- - - Updated - - -

have now crafted a one piece crew cabin combining the rcs, cabin and nosecone. eva is not 100% yet but will fix tomorrow

yDe3JRN.jpg

It would do it even with a ton of struts and it wouldn't show the ma in engines in staging until launch pad and the blocks that indicated them were blank but I could get it into orbit with different engines with similar thrust strength so not sure what's going good on everything else is what came with mod just changed main engines and no problems? ??

Wonderful job guys getting this up and running again. However my complaints about it still stand from that past. They are all nit picky and they are mostly aesthetic complaints. First of all the Orbiter itself is a wonderful model. No complaints there. However my issues are with the external tank and the SRBs. The external tank my only complaint is the red ring at the top. I just don't like that its a total nit pick! I am not trying to sound like some people on these forums who complain about paint shades and precise measurements of fairings and engine assemblies. Im just saying I don't really like the redish/pink ring around the top. Second I have never really liked any of the iterations of the SRBs in this pack they just seem wrong. They always separated wrong and they just never quite look right. You have to reach out to this mod maker. He has done some great work and has made the best looking SRBs in my opinion ever. Atleast they are the closest looking. They are very high detail so maybe he could make you new ones or maybe you can just scale down these. Idk but it seriously something to consider. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112771-Spice-Launch-System-SLS Maybe I am the only one who doesn't like the current SRBs idk. Finally you have to get the skin switcher back. That was hands down one of the coolest parts of this pack.

All in all very well done. The ship flys well during takeoff is painful flying brick coming back but that pretty much like the real thing. Docking is tough but I imagine the can be worked out with practice.

"CSS full update 4.zip", the same as "CSS HOTFIX update 4", just CSS folder, craft file and txt files.

Firespitter, ETC and Gimball folder not include.

"CSS full update 4.zip", the same as "CSS HOTFIX update 4", just CSS folder, craft file and txt files.

Firespitter, ETC and Gimball folder not include.

Yup those should be included or atleast download links should be on the front page. However those plugins are readily available on the forums. For now just download them from the old CSS thread or do a google search for them.

The external tank my only complaint is the red ring at the top...

Second I have never really liked any of the iterations of the SRBs in this pack they just seem wrong.

They always separated wrong and they just never quite look right.

You have to reach out to this mod maker.

At least they are the closest looking.

Hmm, I kinda agree with the pink ring, didn't really notice that until you pointed it out.

I was just happy to have a shuttle.

As far as the look of the SRBs, they seem close enough, no?

However, the one's you linked to are pretty bad ass

ZnFH8dh.jpg

Edited by iDisOrder

Hmm, I kinda agree with the pink ring, didn't really notice that until you pointed it out.

I was just happy to have a shuttle.

As far as the look of the SRBs, they seem close enough, no?

http://i.imgur.com/ZnFH8dh.jpg

I suppose my complaint with them is one of size, shape, and funtcion. Fist and foremost if the SRB sep wasn't a coin flip my opinion of them would be strictly aesthetic. So lets forgo decoupler issues seperatron issues. I don't think they are large enough, look at the side by side you posted. You can see how much taller they actually are. The nose coint are pointy but not pencil point. Still they come to a point not rounded as the current ones are. The nozzles are a bit wrong. Also I need to be clear, this doesn't dimmish my experience to much. I am very happy to have a STS in game and it is also pretty close to the real thing. However these are tweaks that I personally would like to see, and I think it would be good for everyone. Seriously look at the link that I posted for the Spice Launch System. Thats what the SRBs are supposed to look like. Warning once you see them you cant unsee and no other SRB will look right.

Thank you all for your input. I have been focusing too much on the little things to get it functional instead of appearance.

I would love to get texture switch going again but the code just isnt registering at all. Possibly firespitter plugin fault. I need more time on that

DOWNLOAD UODATED to include other important things. this may be why there are problems. Please re download. Sorry about missing it out. I sometimes make mistakes when rushing to get things done

I highly recomend downloading kerbal joint reinforcement. You wont need a million struts to hold it together. I dont use any and it dont even wobble.

As for changing its appearance and swapping over its boosters and textures, means im doing more than just a compatibility update. Which means im unofficially taking over the project. But happy to do so. I want the css fans to really enjoy this mod.

So we can all agree that it would suit better srb's and have the pink ring removed. I can do this tonight and include the boosters from spice launch system as well as the origional boosters and I wil check scale.

Just remember ive only had what the 0.9 pack offered me to work with but ive learnt so much so I can do alot more now.

So are you all keen and ready for the next visual update?

Edited by Mike-NZ

...Which means im unofficially taking over the project.

That's right, I forgot about this. ^

and include the boosters from spice launch system...So are you all keen and ready for the next visual update?

You won't get any complaints from us!

If maccollo let's you use the parts from his mod, I think we'll never need another shuttle mod again.

(Well until v1.0.3)

:confused:

Edited by iDisOrder

Thanks also for youre patience as modding takes time.

Ps: is the shuttle flyable enough to be left as is for the next few days? And is there any other major bugs to be worked out (hoping todays download wich now includes the other plugins fixes problems)

I will do some rendezvous in space to test rcs and fix them also.

And again please re download today anyway (also on kerbalstuff) and im doing my best to get texture switch working. However I can release alternative models each with its different texture and you can choose which one to install. Can provide links for this soon. What do you guys think?

Edited by Mike-NZ

Thank ypu all for your input. I have been focusing too much on the little things to get it functional instead of appearance.

I would love to get texture switch going again but the code just isnt registering at. I nees more time on that

DOWNLOAD UODATED to include other important things. this may be why there are problems. Please re download. Sorry about missing it out. I sometimes make mistakes when rushing to get things done

I highly recomend downloading kerbal joint reinforcement. You wont need a million struts to hold it together. I dont use any and it dont even wobble.

As for changing its appearance and swapping over its boosters and textures, means im doing more than just a compatibility update. Which means im unofficially taking over the project. But happy to do so. I want the css fans to really enjoy this mod.

So we can all agree that it would suit better srb's and have the pink ring removed. I can do this tonight and include the boosters from spice launch system as well as the origional boosters and I wil check scale.

Just remember ive only had what the 0.9 pack offered me to work with but ive learnt so much so I can do alot more now.

So are you all keen and ready for the next visual update?

Honestly your work on this, thus far has progressed more in two days than the other CSS thread has in almost half a year. I am excited about your hard work and energy and it is honestly where the best work on this forum gets done-when the modders are fresh and excited. Just don't burn yourself out. That being said I would talk to the original people and see if you can officially (only if you want to) take this over because your work is stellar. I think they had a new orbiter model ready, and new models for the ET and SRBs in the works, but Dragon was supposedly gonna take a few months to do work on them. If you can do it sooner and better by all means I vote that you take a go at it.

I vote that you take a go at it.

seconded

Just don't burn yourself out.

speaking of which, isn't there talk of a move to UNITY?

Would this effect mods installed now or what?

I'm totally ignorant of this

Edited by iDisOrder

Based on the licence he issued with it it allowes me to modify it provided I acknowledge him awesome work.

With the new bits coming soon ( srb and fixed main tank and srb ejectors) I also will impliment his origional planned addons and bits and pieces.

Based on the licence he issued with it it allowes me to modify it provided I acknowledge him awesome work.

With the new bits coming soon ( srb and fixed main tank and srb ejectors) I also will impliment his origional planned addons and bits and pieces.

Just so you know dragon had nothing to do at all with the mod other than config maintenance. All of the work was done by rocket2guns and Cepheus so they are the ones you should be thanking, and even that is dubious at best. I am 99.9% sure the original models and textures are just the ones off of NASA's website as they look identical down to poly count and texture pixel density, so you should be thanking NASA/JPL.

Edited by raidernick

@iDisorder I thinl u mean unity 5 engine I hope they do it will be a dream come true. Or are you refering the model editor program unity. Im mostly using blender at the moment

@iDisorder I thinl u mean unity 5 engine I hope they do it will be a dream come true.

jeez, I hate perpetuating rumors, especially if I can't back it up with a source but I read somewhere here on the forums I think,

(or was it steam) that the Squad teams in New Mexico on vacation and plan on coming back to work on an update.

The post included a Tweet from one of the guys as well but I can't locate the thread right now.

Edit: Here ya go, 4th & 5th Tweet down. I was wrong, 1.03 not Unity 5 (I'm such a savage)

EO2hEh7.jpg

Edited by iDisOrder