Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

allow me to introduce myself...

I'm the thread instigator/sarcastic New Yawker.

(see:troll)

I did read more, I was just pullin' Mike's leg

all in güd fün

:sticktongue:

It was a fun post! Lots of work being done behind the scenes. Lost of scripting to fuligure out. Just a few more issues with the one piece...

I 'patiently' wait for the new version. Looking forward to all the new features and improvements!

Me too! There is much being added. Its no longer just the shuttle... however I can release the shuttle before the main release without the extras if that is what is wanted...

Just I cant make promoses but will let you know how it is during the weekend

I would like to play around with the 747

Yes it has alot of moving parts. 4 Turbines, 4 flaps 2 elevons 3 tailflaps atleast 15 gear bay doors 5 landing gears and a ton of wheels and possibly leading edge slats...

1.0.4 has pretty much messed up the aero of the latest release (1.6) guys. It seems that its nose down after reentry. Can anyone confirm this? I'll update it a.s.a.p.

When I launch my screen goes black, I can still see the nav ball, staging, and crew members, but no space shuttle. Is anyone else having this problem? If so have you found a fix?

Usually caused by a part that confuses ksp. Like landing gear oe a incorectly scripted cockpit. The proper release shouldnt have this. What version of css do you have?

confirmed the nose has a pitch down tendancy around 27 km up and around 900 m/s or below

additionally mechjeb 2.5.1 incorrectly handles turns at that speed or anything below 900 m/s

however it handles the correct pitch ( 40 degrees) while still high in the atmosphere (>30 km and above 1500 m/s)

When I launch my screen goes black, I can still see the nav ball, staging, and crew members, but no space shuttle. Is anyone else having this problem? If so have you found a fix?

thats a problem with the IVA indeed. I have made a couple of fixes. Uploading now!

*Here you go!

v1.6.0.2 update for KSP 1.0.4

Fixed aerodynamics and a couple of other minor fixes.

This is still the "old" multipart version and Mikes newest additions are not included.

https://github.com/Jeast85/CSS-unofficial/releases/latest

Enjoy!

Edited by Jeast

thats a problem with the IVA indeed. I have made a couple of fixes. Uploading now!

*Here you go!

v1.6.0.2 update for KSP 1.0.4

Fixed aerodynamics and a couple of other minor fixes.

This is still the "old" multipart version and Mikes newest additions are not included.

https://github.com/Jeast85/CSS-unofficial/releases/latest

Enjoy!

Ksp is 1.0.4 now?

I just a few more fixes for the one pieve and the 747 test version.

I will check out the aero fixes thanks jeast

Can I make a humble request? Once the STS is done pretty much ready to go can you make an official release? I know you guys are working on some really awesome stuff and if the time between the new stuff ie the 747 and the enterprise then absolutely wait for everything to to be finished before an official release. But if the STS is ready to go and it will be a week or two before you release because of the 747 and Enterprise, meaning the orbiter, the boosters and the external tank, then can make an official release for just the STS? I know jeast just posted two posts ago an update so the older release works in 1.04 but we want what you have been working on lol. Just a request I am sure it will all be worth the wait either way. Thanks again.

Hi. Is anyone else having an issue with the nose gear acting strangely?

For me, when I land it just keeps suddenly stopping every few seconds. When it does that, the whole front of the Shuttle bends. Not sure if it's an issue with brakes or something.

And a question to the dev. Could you make the parts more expensive? At the moment it is unrealisticly cheap to build the whole Shuttle with fuel and everything for 29k while a regular MK3 Cockpit itself costs 21k.

I made a shuttle with some stock parts and couple of mods and the newest version of it (I was rebuilding it a few times) costs 207k and weights 605 tons with the whole launch system.

Hi. Is anyone else having an issue with the nose gear acting strangely?

For me, when I land it just keeps suddenly stopping every few seconds. When it does that, the whole front of the Shuttle bends. Not sure if it's an issue with brakes or something.

And a question to the dev. Could you make the parts more expensive? At the moment it is unrealisticly cheap to build the whole Shuttle with fuel and everything for 29k while a regular MK3 Cockpit itself costs 21k.

I made a shuttle with some stock parts and couple of mods and the newest version of it (I was rebuilding it a few times) costs 207k and weights 605 tons with the whole launch system.

I actually was getting on to that. Truthfully, I made it $435,000 which is 1:100 of a lower end of launching the shuttle, I am waiting for Mike NZ to come out with 1.1.7 to confirm the changes.

Can I make a humble request? Once the STS is done pretty much ready to go can you make an official release? I know you guys are working on some really awesome stuff and if the time between the new stuff ie the 747 and the enterprise then absolutely wait for everything to to be finished before an official release. But if the STS is ready to go and it will be a week or two before you release because of the 747 and Enterprise, meaning the orbiter, the boosters and the external tank, then can make an official release for just the STS? I know jeast just posted two posts ago an update so the older release works in 1.04 but we want what you have been working on lol. Just a request I am sure it will all be worth the wait either way. Thanks again.

I think the STS itself won't change that much. Yes the new model is a one piece and some little model/texture stuff is fixed/added but most of the updates is in the new stuff being added like the 747 and launch pad. Correct me if I'm wrong Mike?

As for the IVA (I don't know if you are waiting for that as whell) I have to be honest and say that its going to take a while before it is going to be released. I think the rest will be finished by then so its probably going to be a seperate release.