Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

Mike, I understand that you want to take a break, and honestly, you deserve one, you have done so much work on this mod and others. But you can't just give up. Take a break, maybe month, maybe more, but please come back to this. You've done too much amazing work to just walk away.

So many hands in the cookie jar is the problem and was the problem before. This project needs to be a bit less transparent.

Mike pick your team and use steam or skype to communicate without public involvement. Restrict information and do not give offical release dates. This is how many development games and mods go this way. This thread is way too active to get anything done.

Its sad to see the shuttle die again. Please if you do quit release everything open source on github so maybe it can live another day.

This is exactly what I was afraid for and why I tried getting it a little bit more organized. Mike has litteraly worked days and nights and being the type who likes to please everyone, a burnout is inevitable.

First of all its not my mod, its Mikes. He can do whatever he pleases whenever he pleases. I love the shuttle and I am a professional structural engineering 3D modeling teacher at university so when I found Mike was getting a little bussy I could step in to help a bit with the aero and the IVA. I have created a shuttle from scratch for RSS last year (for private use) and had a bit experience with getting the shuttles aero done okay. My work done is only a little drop in the bucked compared to what Mike did and I know that probably my continues pushing to get the development more structured is part of the reason Mike is burnt out. Mike my guess is you will come back, you just love this thing too much ;) I will leave the aero to you and let you handle it without me yelling and whining about organization here.

Your support is grand.

I will continue, but with those who understand the principal of testing prototype parts snd how to place or overwrite files in the game directory. I still need a team. No releases on the forum until its stable.

Releases could be daily. Pm if willing or feel free to check back on the forum to find out about the next stable release

Progress may be posted on forum but development discussion will be over pm messages or something we work out.

Mostly been semi-lurking since 1.1.5-6

Glad to see this was sorted out. I hope with a tightly knit team that this project will become easier. Don't get too hard on yourself Mike, you did nothing wrong, and we certainly didn't meant to deject you. The STS is from what I can tell nearly cleaned up, it just the tedious testing and bug reporting that gets to us all. I do agree with Jeast with some-type of centralization and routine.

I've sailing on 64x bit unable to go back to 32 bit because of Chaka's SLS mod, EVE, et al, so I haven't been able to test as much.

Ditching the multi piece shuttle. Going down new road. Fucused on shuttle realism with the main variations that the player can choose from to perform different roles. Make all 5 and line them up outside ksp if you like, or outfit them for different missions with the nessusary addons...

Ksp integration with science performed in vessel and through components added.

May even have a 'futuristic ideas' parts pack to download seperately.

Aerodynamics will be Jeasts creation as it has proven to work well and I dont have much time for that.

I will be doing alot of work and less releases for now. Preperation for releases takes alot of time.

But thats it for now. Will post back here with progress with what the team comes up with

Edited by Mike-NZ

Hmm so everything what starts with CSS or shuttle is cursed on this forum. So it seems.

Guys keep calm and get some pause or free time. Go to cinema there will be Minions so a lot of fun and no stress.

Ditching the multi piece shuttle. Going down new road. Fucused on shuttle realism with the main variations that the player can choose from to perform different roles. Make all 5 and line them up outside ksp if you like, or outfit them for different missions with the nessusary addons...

Ksp integration with science performed in vessel and through components added.

May even have a 'futuristic ideas' parts pack to download seperately.

Aerodynamics will be Jeasts creation as it has proven to work well and I dont have much time for that.

I will be doing alot of work and less releases for now. Preperation for releases takes alot of time.

But thats it for now. Will post back here with progress with what the team comes up with

Yes it all starts with making clear goals! You can do it man, this is going to be an awesome mod.

I as been a long time voyeur in this forum, but this time i as been forced to register in here just to say thanks (really), for this guys, so Mike and Jeast thanks for yours time and effort, is impossible to say how many hours of and fun i have lately after a crap work day just because someone as been worked hard in my favorite mod, so again thanks! Sorry for the bad English and cheers from Brazil.

I as been a long time voyeur in this forum, but this time i as been forced to register in here just to say thanks (really), for this guys, so Mike and Jeast thanks for yours time and effort, is impossible to say how many hours of and fun i have lately after a crap work day just because someone as been worked hard in my favorite mod, so again thanks! Sorry for the bad English and cheers from Brazil.

Wow thank you for registering just to say thank you, it means alot. Makes it all worth it.

I have been working with my team in a more productive environment with a better use of time and we have some special things on the way including some new vehicles and extras for the orbiter.

Cheers from New Zealand

Mike i just want to throw this out there. Many dont talk on the on the fourms however numbers speak for themselves about how many are enjoying this mod. Kerbalstuff has over 2,300 downloads of 1.6 that does not include this threads links. People are loving your work im glad you decided to carry on.

Im just a researcher with no modding experance but im here if you need anything.

Mike i just want to throw this out there. Many dont talk on the on the fourms however numbers speak for themselves about how many are enjoying this mod. Kerbalstuff has over 2,300 downloads of 1.6 that does not include this threads links. People are loving your work im glad you decided to carry on.

Im just a researcher with no modding experance but im here if you need anything.

Only just started haha lots to do...

Hmm ive always thought the compatibility patches were made by RO itself, dunno. :/

Ro should be a compulsory mod with this one. Is ro out yet? I will make a module manager patch if it is.