Easter egg or happy accident?

Tex_NL

Here's the real question - What the hell currency is "D"? Is that Denari?

Actually, yes.

(in a way)

The pre-decimal penny (1d) was a coin worth one two-hundred-and-fortieth of a pound sterling. Its symbol was d, from the Roman denarius.

Here's the real question - What the hell currency is "D"? Is that Denari?

Actually yes it is. It's the Latin term for what we British called pence before decimalisation on 1971 ( Libra, solidii, denarii. or Pounds, shilling and pence in English). If you think the rocket equation is fiddly try using our old system as currency

Actually yes it is. It's the Latin term for what we British called pence before decimalisation on 1971 ( Libra, solidii, denarii. or Pounds, shilling and pence in English). If you think the rocket equation is fiddly try using our old system as currency

You forgot the farthings, too :)

No, it doesn't matter. But someone was curious, asked a question, received answers, and learned a little bit more about the world they live in.

If you think about it, it doesn't really matter that a rocket with a temperature overlay looks just a tiny little bit like an old popsicle advertisement, either.

Does it really matter what that D stands for? I could have just easily posted a different icelolly. What matters is the uncanny similarities in color.
Actually, what really matters is whether your rocket has real fruit taste.

The thermal overlay, for those wondering, is F11 (which is incidentally mentioned in OP).

Temperature gauges are F10.

Aerodynamic forces overlay is F12.

And this is a happy accident due to the way the engine is producing heat and then distributing it to the rest of the ship via conduction.

Back in the day I ran an ice cream truck and those things were ironically called "Bomb Pops"!:rolleyes:

Of course in America they are red, white, and blue colors though!

I would say the Easter egg here is that you haven't crashed from memory leaks yet! (But also that fruity flavored ship, I hope the Kerbols don't start eating away at it)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.