[WIP][1.0.4] Part Commander [v0.9.3 - June 28, 2015]

this actually solves a lot of problems with part menus. One feature request tho would be an ability to display more than one window at a time. For monitoring purposes, mainly - but also for quicker action on parts you know you'll need to mess with

Just found out about this mod. Love the idea. Though for future versions. If possible hide/disable all the buttons in the Rclick menu when using the mod as a lot of mods put info in that menu that just needs to be seen not interacted with. It can at times be split between the top and bottom of a long menu with a ton of buttons between. If you hide/disable all the buttons we use this mod to active stuff and the Rclick is clean for just info to be presented. Just a thought. Thanks!

Forget everything I said this mod is even awesomer! You perfectly display all the info from the menu it is not just the buttons. Very nice work! Only things missing I saw was when enabling the F12 menu thermal readouts. Rad flux, Conv flux, Cond flux, Int flux, Thermal mass, and Temp ext are not displayed. This was with FAR and DR. Latest dev build of FAR and latest release of DR.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Gaiiden - Good idea! I could create some sort of "pop off" button that would spawn another window for the selected part. That will take a bit of work though. At the same time I'd like to start linking the window states to the active vessel - right now when you switch vessels then go back it forgets what part you had selected before. The final piece would be to save the various window states so they persist across different gaming sessions.

@Svm420 - Also a good idea! I managed to find where those temperature fields are stored on the part, so adding them will be easy enough. Perhaps as a default I will display something like "current temp / max temp" and only display the others when the debug option is enabled.

ya, if you could fix the vessel switch bug, then this would be perfect. It messes up after boarding (eva), but a quick save/load gets it back in order.

Maybe put in an action group editor after you get all the current stuff done.

@Tontow - I probably won't get into any action group stuff since there are already a few mods that handle those (ie Action Group Manager, Action Groups Extended)

@FreeThinker - basically I loop through all the parts on the active vessel, then through the active part modules, then through each field and event. After that it was a matter of figuring out which ones should be displayed and which should be hidden - multi-mode engines like the R.A.P.I.E.R were especially troublesome. I spent lots of time in the debugger (thanks sarbian!) trying to sort out how everything works. The hardest part though was actually figuring out all the Unity GUI stuff... this was my first time messing with that. Check out the code on Github if you want the gory details...

Would consider nesting parts under their parent parts like vessel viewer does and/or add a toggle for alphabetical sorting? Love this mod so much it was a dream come true when you made this :D

Version 0.9.2 is now available!

0.9.2 - 2015/06/23
- updated to support KSP 1.0.3/1.0.4
- added filtering/sorting options
- added ability to "pop off" parts into their own windows

As long as no major issues crop up, I'm planning the official release for this weekend.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.