ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

I do have SAS on so I guess that would be the issue. Its strange though because I have another space station and having SAS and the Shuttle docked doesn't cause this issue.

since this is being mentioned, I did experience this when I tried docking with Kristall on my Mir station a month or so ago, I don't remember right now which docking port I used though, could be APAS, Chaka APAS, Mir Docking port or stock Clamp-o-tron, I didn't mention anything because it was prior I sent Mike the Mir files, still when I had them only as my private edit

Didn't happen when I docked the shuttle "inline" with the core through Kvant-1 or with the bottom of Cacteye though

Having SAS on did make it worse, and turning it off didn't help much back then, the only way to effectively stop the wobble was undocking the shuttle

Hmmm. I have to try this. Your not entering the atmosphere are you? That would be tragic. Maybe the weight of the adjusting solar panels? Or offset mass.

Maybe speed of docking bumped it into a spin. No that wont increase speed.

Gotta be game physics being funny.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back in 0.9 with interstellar. I had 2 reactors joined in space, each with extended radiator panels. For some reason the reactors started twisting in opposite directions faster and faster not even time compression fixed it.

To fix it I put all radiator panels onto one reactor and no more oscillation.

What I can try is make the iss radiators and solar panels physicsless parts?

Turning off SAS solved the problem.

lCQFnp5.png

And I have the station orbiting at 400km so there's definitely no atmosphere that I'm hitting lol. As you can see in the picture, all is well once again on my end.

Could be a conflict between the shuttle's SAS and the station's. I've had stuff ripped up when control was in a module off the centerline.

Good thinking. Logical.. will change axis of rotation and everything

- - - Updated - - -

Turning off SAS solved the problem.

http://i.imgur.com/lCQFnp5.png

And I have the station orbiting at 400km so there's definitely no atmosphere that I'm hitting lol. As you can see in the picture, all is well once again on my end.

Nice pic. The ISS surrounded In the mighty orbiters shadow

Hmmm. I have to try this. Your not entering the atmosphere are you? That would be tragic. Maybe the weight of the adjusting solar panels? Or offset mass.

Maybe speed of docking bumped it into a spin. No that wont increase speed.

Gotta be game physics being funny.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back in 0.9 with interstellar. I had 2 reactors joined in space, each with extended radiator panels. For some reason the reactors started twisting in opposite directions faster and faster not even time compression fixed it.

To fix it I put all radiator panels onto one reactor and no more oscillation.

What I can try is make the iss radiators and solar panels physicsless parts?

- - - Updated - - -

Hope im not causing offense by doing so. I have had requests to try to fix it for 1.0 as it was outdated.

Im not too experienced in this work but I want to to what I can to get it working for people to enjoy.

Its a beautifull mod and like to contribute however I can. Im happy I have dragon01 to help me out with it also.

The fact that bobcat responded alone should serve as a massive compliment and endorsement. The bobcat post is a rare sight indeed. I have only seen about 7 or 8 since I have joined the forums. It's rare. Also he publically have consent for you to edit his stuff. Another awesome occurrence. Bobcat has been generous and selective with people who edit his stuff so that's awesome too.

Edited by sp1989

Actually, you don't need to change the axis of rotation, just remember which module has control. I'll usually check to make sure Zarya has it after I dock a new piece.

I docked S3-S6 as a single unit last night, so that works fine. :) I'm really liking Chaka's SLS...

- - - Updated - - -

And I second what others have said about BobCat. His posts are exceedingly rare, and one should consider oneself blessed to have him comment on one's work.

Please, give some love to the little Soyuz

Now that bobcat has officially given mike permission it and that he was working on launch clamps it will undoubtedly get fixed. Getting the ISS fixed is priority. I assume the fixes for the TMA will be a lot less intensive than the fixes for the ISS.

AFAIK, the only fix left is Node 2, and that's likely just a matter of turning a few nodes around. Should be done overnight sometime (late afternoon/early evening New Zealand time).

Of course, there was talk of adding a working arm to the JEM (or should we all call it Kibo?) module to make installing the platforms easier...

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

AFAIK, the only fix left is Node 2, and that's likely just a matter of turning a few nodes around. Should be done overnight sometime (late afternoon/early evening New Zealand time).

Of course, there was talk of adding a working arm to the JEM (or should we all call it Kibo?) module to make installing the platforms easier...

you should call it Kibo i like that name more the JEM.:)

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/223187-japanese-launch-vehicles-pack-v0-40

The Japanese Launch Pack has been updated. Really good for launching the HTV who want assembly and resupply the ISS with all the proper launch vehicles.

On the topic of launch vehicles, since bobcat gave you permission, can you now integrate progress/soyuz/mir into the download for the iss just avoid confusion and then having to download the pack and the the compatibility etc.

Edited by sp1989

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/223187-japanese-launch-vehicles-pack-v0-40

The Japanese Launch Pack has been updated. Really good for launching the HTV who want assembly and resupply the ISS with all the proper launch vehicles.

On the topic of launch vehicles, since bobcat gave you permission, can you now integrate progress/soyuz/mir into the download for the iss just avoid confusion and then having to download the pack and the the compatibility etc.

Yes I will do. Thanks.

Completely off-topic, but I'm wondering... You got any snow down there in Kiwi land, Mike? You're at about the same latitude as the US Northeast, just on the other side of the Equator...

not in the north island

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.