ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

yes I messed it up...

I don't have the rights to the mod but I made it compatible with ksp 1.0.4 instead. I think I am within my limits here?

update on page 1 fixes more issues with the soviet pack

Does one have to use KAS/KIS to attach the truss parts? I tried just docking them like spacecraft and couldn't get them to capture.

Shouldnt do but I dont know if I uploaded the latest update yet. Will post when checked

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry this is taking a long time. RL is annoying...

Sorry, so again ;).

Does anyone have this problem? It happens only in RO.

http://i.imgur.com/iO9x0Ge.png

Yes... it looks like it is reverting to origional scale. A ksp bug. A way to stop it is to enter scale and node coordinates manually to the ro configs I have been working from. Only did a few so far.

Busy night ahead I will try finish it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Great news Mike! I finally was able to get Zvezda to dock.

http://i.imgur.com/jvjf9Ej.png

Latest update solved the docking issue. Keep up the great work

Ahh thats good. Thanks for that

Shouldnt do but I dont know if I uploaded the latest update yet. Will post when checked

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry this is taking a long time. RL is annoying...

Not a big problem. I'm not in any hurry. It's just being a PITA with certain pieces. For example, I had to add a docking port on top of the Z1's integrated one in order to get it to capture.

And I have no idea how to attach the S0 to Z1 (I do have the truss mount connected to Z1, pointing back toward the Russian modules).

No rush.

And what you have marked as the truss is actually the S5/P5 truss.

Now if I can just figure out how to launch and attach both the Columbus and JEM modules without a shuttle (can't seem to get it into orbit above 75 km or so).

And I have no idea how to attach the S0 truss. It looks like it should attach to the side of the Unity module, but there are no attachment points...

And I have no idea how to attach the S0 truss. It looks like it should attach to the side of the Unity module, but there are no attachment points...

Destiny, actually

In fact they bolted it to Destiny, but you technically can't do that in KSP (unless KIS allows such thing with something as heavy as the S0)

problem is, they need to be attached to the same vessel (back in the old KAS, in .24 or .25, I don't remember which one now, I evoked the kraken by time warping with two vessels attached by a undocked winch... needless to say that I needed a rescue mission and a new Cacteye telescope, so things might go terribly wrong if you try to force KAS struts to do that -and they don't allow naturally, so you would REALLY need to force it), which either would need KIS to allow surface attaching the S0 (however I have no idea if it allows to do that with such a heavy thing) or dock it to Destiny, which if you have KerbalJointReinforcement would render KAS struts useless

Due to lack of experience I made the first truss attach to the z1 but I was wrong. I will have it dockable to destiny directly.

And I can make a canadarm attach point that can be placed on different modules so it can be relocated during construction.

For some reason I can't find Unity in the newest update. I've tried a fresh install with no other mods and I still have the same problem. When I revert back to the previous update it shows up in the VAB, but when I reinstall the newest update it's no longer there. Was Unity moved to a different category other than command modules? Or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

Due to lack of experience I made the first truss attach to the z1 but I was wrong. I will have it dockable to destiny directly.

And I can make a canadarm attach point that can be placed on different modules so it can be relocated during construction.

Actually, the way you have the Canadarm trolley now works fine. It's just a matter of getting the S0 attached to Destiny... though, now that I look at the diagram, having S0 attach to Z1 does make equal sense in a simulation such as this. Just need to find a way to make both be recognized as docking ports, rather than attach points. (Makes it much easier to launch on unmanned rockets.)

these issues should be fixed now. more nodes and docking has been corrected. hopefully.

work has been done on the JEM modules. removed the complex animation and colliders so it wont lag.

Japanese facilities now separate and Japanese robotic arm will be functional.

- - - Updated - - -

also I have some express pallets to attach to the trusses...

- - - Updated - - -

added useable airlock and animation to quest airlock module

- - - Updated - - -

not yet finished with the realism overhaul rescale issue as yet...

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason I can't find Unity in the newest update. I've tried a fresh install with no other mods and I still have the same problem. When I revert back to the previous update it shows up in the VAB, but when I reinstall the newest update it's no longer there. Was Unity moved to a different category other than command modules? Or am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance.

should be working now...

- - - Updated - - -

added KAS/KIS grab-ability to some items. untested.

let me know how the s0 to destiny works out...

Seems to be hanging at the loading screen. Apparently, Module Manager can't seem to get past the Mir Core Module.

Do I need to reapply the compatability pack, perhaps?

EDIT: D'oh! I didn't delete the Realism Overhaul folder.

Also, I'm not able to get the truss docking ports to attach to the S0 truss.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

I used the truss segments from this mod as reference guides (and for the S0 truss I actually incorporated one of the parts in) to build this so far:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I love this pack so much but I always felt all the parts needed a beauty pass so I normally never used them, but now that I know how to do this I may just start using them again!

I used the truss segments from this mod as reference guides (and for the S0 truss I actually incorporated one of the parts in) to build this so far:

http://imgur.com/a/wExVm

I love this pack so much but I always felt all the parts needed a beauty pass so I normally never used them, but now that I know how to do this I may just start using them again!

Looking good! How did ig get up to over 200 parts?

The beautification will begin as soon as the station is fully working.

So far I have a few updated things already but waiting to finish things before I get to them. Problem is, it may use up more memory. Trusses will be full of various units and iva's for the american side and better textures etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be hanging at the loading screen. Apparently, Module Manager can't seem to get past the Mir Core Module.

Do I need to reapply the compatability pack, perhaps?

EDIT: D'oh! I didn't delete the Realism Overhaul folder.

Also, I'm not able to get the truss docking ports to attach to the S0 truss.

Argh another typo in the config! My bad. Will fix asap and update the realism overhaul folder. Still have rescale coordinates to finish off in it.

Also I didnt update that triangle shape truss port thing as I made it so the trusses have inbuilt invisible docks in them and should dock together without seperate dock ports. If that makes sense

Well for instance my S0 truss is two of the S3 trusses put together from your pack so I got the basic skeletal frame of the hexagon shape, and from there I built around it and on it to make it look like the S0 and add all of it's details.

The beautification will begin as soon as the station is fully working.

So far I have a few updated things already but waiting to finish things before I get to them. Problem is, it may use up more memory. Trusses will be full of various units and iva's for the american side and better textures etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Argh another typo in the config! My bad. Will fix asap and update the realism overhaul folder. Still have rescale coordinates to finish off in it.

Also I didnt update that triangle shape truss port thing as I made it so the trusses have inbuilt invisible docks in them and should dock together without seperate dock ports. If that makes sense

Oh, okay.

Did you do that with the Destiny/S0 interface as well, or should I join them in the VAB and launch them as one piece?

(I'm using the CHAKA SLS to launch the pieces, treating it as a post-Shuttle era. That's why I'd like to see nodes added to Columbus and the JEM pieces. I can't get the shuttle up to a 200 km orbit.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.