[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

The problem with the skybox is that the sky is not empty. Even in intergallactic space you can see stars and galaxies in all directions. And also this galaxy only consists of like 8 or 9 stars all in the same plane so the sky will still look really empty. I prefer the Interstellar HD Skybox myself.

ok, i'm sorry if this has been asked alot of times before but when I install this mod by putting all the files in the gamedata folder and running the game only the ''kerbol system'' is there orbiting the black hole nothing else (I am seeing that from the tracking station). Do I have to edit a certain config file? install a different mod? Do I have to put the files of the mod in different place. Please, I am somewhat new to ksp mods and I really want to play with this mod. ;.;

Interesting that you disapprove... I made the skybox, I believe that backgrounds that depict the interior of a galaxy should not be used when your trying to make a galaxy. Just how the normal one has fake stars to fill the blackness, considering that the mod adds a whole galaxy i believe it fair to have fake galaxys. :)

That'd be perfectly ok if the mod had enough real stars to fill the galaxy in the first place. But 7 Stars are simply to few to consider the sky to be "filled" with stars imo.

But hey it's your mod, i was just wondering.

:)

That'd be perfectly ok if the mod had enough real stars to fill the galaxy in the first place. But 7 Stars are simply to few to consider the sky to be "filled" with stars imo.

But hey it's your mod, i was just wondering.

:)

Here is the newest version of my skybox, Fresh off the press! how do you like it? http://www./download/n5vfp8o67t2cwhr/Skybox_v3.zip

Also Artyomka if you wish you can integrate the skybox.

I have yet to really seen this question get answered. I am asking it again as I'm sure its been seen many times.

I have used a fresh install of KSP, 1.0.2, downloaded this mod and no others. All that exists is merely a glitched black hole with kerbol's corona, with the only system being the vanilla system orbiting it. The mod is not working.

Can someone shed light on what is going on? :kiss: please :)

I can say with certainty that everytime this question has popped up it has been merely skimmed over, or ignored. As I have yet to have seen an answer :)

Edited by Unicron

I've had that issue before and it seemed to only fix itself when I installed other mods, since I did them all at once I don't know exactly which ones fixed the problem. It's a Kopernicus Issue though so maybe try going and getting the latest version of Kopernicus and use that.

Also the skybox is better. I myself still personally prefer something a lot busier than that, however.

The Systems finally load, but the black hole at the center still has the corona glow and shines from everywhere. :(

Also none of the stars register with any light, with all the planets having light directed at the "Black hole" in the center with the corona

Edited by Unicron

I found a solution for systems not showing, it works for me at least and the mod runs flawlessly now :)

You need to download the Module Manager, which is why most people are reporting that the mod works once they install other mods, it's likely because they come with Module Manager.

If you don't want to use other mods then just get Module Manager from here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-1-0-x-Module-Manager-2-6-6-%28June-25%29-With-more-nyan

Ahh that makes sense then. This mod should probably bundle that in from this point on then.

MM was bundled in previous versions, he probably left it out since most mods need MM to work.

When will leave the new version of Galaxy Kerbal 2, the old version I found fantastic

Artyomka15 will maybe add the stars of his older version

Finally got this to work, several of the planets look really nice especially with the clouds.

It does seem a bit "neat" to me though, with all the stars in circular co-planar orbits. I suppose that makes sense if it's regarded as a scaled-down galaxy, whereas I'm thinking of it as a bunch of stars orbiting a black hole.

Uh, is the wormhole supposed to throw you out near Osiris? And leave you with a velocity at excess of 300000 meters per second? Or should I just be waiting to exit hyperspace? If I try to hyperedit out of it, the velocity stops in the Kerbol system, but if I try to warp somewhere else, the velocity sticks.

AFAIK that sounds about right. If you teleport to another place at a specific velocity, the velocity you held when you entered the wormhole hasn't changed but is now in a different frame of reference when you exit. It's something that needs to be considered with stuff that translates you rather than affecting your velocity like the Alcubierre Drive or a Wormhole.

(I know this is a thing in physics but I don't know if it's specifically an issue with this mod.)

(Shouldn't be kicking you out near Osiris though AFAIK)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.