Kerbal Space Program 1.0.3 is now live!

SQUAD

After a quick play, it seems like 1.03 gives us way less drag, but a much less forgiving reentry. I did a missile test with an early career mode design, and couldn't recover it. First try it reentered too steep and blew up. Second time I managed a shallower reentry and it survived, but it was going too fast when it reached the surface and the parachute was destroyed when I tried to deply it.

I like those changes! Looks like we're going to take those heatshields more seriously now!

I know that this particular update does not break saves, but I would like to comment that Squad should put some more consideration to preventing save-breaking updates.

I agree that if it is necessary for an update to do this in order to deliver everything it needs to, then so be it; but as KSP is now in full release, this shouldn't be as much of a problem as it was during alpha.

It was often very frustrating for me to set up infrastructure within the local Kerbin system, prepare for an interplanetary mission, and then have to scrap it all due to an update (I progress slowly).

At long last....

not-rockomax micronode side stack nodes corrected.
Edited by worir4

It looks like spaceplanes are easier now. Except for landing. I thought I cut the throttle early enough, but I came in way too hot and just painted a nice string of explosions down the runway.

I've generally managed without airbrakes previously, but it seems I may need to start using them.

Happy landings!

TOOT TOOT, all-aboard the hype train for 1.1

I believe that's my call. Once again, we never start the HypeTrain until Experimentals have begun. And we have still yet to find the HypeTrain's missing boiler. It's somewhere in that Hydrazine lake, I'm sure of it.

I believe that's my call. Once again, we never start the HypeTrain until Experimentals have begun. And we have still yet to find the HypeTrain's missing boiler. It's somewhere in that Hydrazine lake, I'm sure of it.

Well when the train does get rollin, lets make one thing clear.

Shotgun.

So I guess I'll just ask.

You guys are saying modded gamesaves should be fine? Or stock gamesaves?

The answer is quite easy and straightforward: it depends.

Kerbal Alarm Clock is harmless. Your game won't break just because it's gone. Same with the docking port alignment indicator. The mechjeb module is a mod part, however. It's not in the stock game. Any vessel with a MJ module won't load until you have MJ installed. It may show up in the tracking center, not sure, but if you try to fly it, it will be destroyed. The same is true for any other mod that adds parts.

If you have your game rigged such that every command module has MJ (or KER) abilities, the craft will load safely. The MJ abilities will be gone (and appear again after you install MJ). What wrecks your vessel is if the game tries to load a part that just isn't there. If any existing part just has different properties, that's not a problem.

Hint: may "outdated" mods still work on a newer version of KSP, or at least don't break it. Just make a backup and try it.

Well when the train does get rollin, lets make one thing clear.

Shotgun.

The first of the First Class Coach reserved for Mr. Mega Newblar. Got that on the passenger roster. Do you want the Shotgun suite, which is literally a room full of decorative shotguns, or the Fancy Shcmancy suite, which is more like this:

passengertrain_lillybelleinterior.jpg

Edited by GregroxMun

Great news, but will my RSS and RO mods not work now? Ive only progressed to them in the last few days and have fallen in love with them! Oh PLEASE be compatible with 1.0.3......please!

I expect them to be updated shortly, if that even is necessary. They rip out pretty much all of KSP's physics and replace it with their own -- so all that really changes for an RO player is the memory leak bugfix stuff. And the new parts.

Edit to add: what I meant is that you won't miss out on much if you keep playing RO on 1.0.2 for a few more days.

Edited by Laie

I expect them to be updated shortly, if that even is necessary. They rip out pretty much all of KSP's physics and replace it with their own -- so all that really changes for an RO player is the memory leak bugfix stuff. And the new parts.

Thank you. I use CKAN anyway so no real hassle. Anyway, lets get it downloaded :)

The first of the First Class Coach reserved for Mr. Mega Newblar. Got that on the passenger roster. Do you want the Shotgun suite, which is literally a room full of decorative shotguns, or the Fancy Shcmancy suite, which is more like this: <snip>

Put shotguns IN the Fancy Shcmancy suite and a certain conductor may find himself a fat tip :D

The answer is quite easy and straightforward: it depends.

Kerbal Alarm Clock is harmless. Your game won't break just because it's gone. Same with the docking port alignment indicator. The mechjeb module is a mod part, however. It's not in the stock game. Any vessel with a MJ module won't load until you have MJ installed. It may show up in the tracking center, not sure, but if you try to fly it, it will be destroyed. The same is true for any other mod that adds parts.

If you have your game rigged such that every command module has MJ (or KER) abilities, the craft will load safely. The MJ abilities will be gone (and appear again after you install MJ). What wrecks your vessel is if the game tries to load a part that just isn't there. If any existing part just has different properties, that's not a problem.

Hint: may "outdated" mods still work on a newer version of KSP, or at least don't break it. Just make a backup and try it.

I shall stick to the bare essentials then and wait for official updates. Back to the old stock-like days :P

(sigh) .... well.... errr, thanks for the update... but I choose not to use it yet! I have only just built a base on the mun, and seriously, to start all over again, would kill me.

Its simply because I have a very heavily modded game on a 64bit system (running 32 bit KSP)

It took me ages to get used to the changes in 1.0 and the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 and the Mun is littered with failed rover landing attempts... besides, Jeb was killed when his capsule crashed into the ground after his chute opened way too early... I'm protective of the Kerbals left now... if I update now, then Valentina is doomed to stay on the Mun till I get a working rescue craft to her...

so... I choose not to update, never thought I'd ever say that, but, there you go. I'll probably play this version till they release 1.1 and only then when all the many mods I use have updated.

:(

However... Thanks Squad.... seriously, I still love you all, and the modders, but now, I have to think about my sanity. My wife and I, and as many Kerbals as I could muster, had a flag planting ceremony at the KSP grounds for poor Jeb... we would all be heart broken if we lost baddass Valentina now. Besides, I have been working on a space plane cargo ship capable of doing the Mun run...

:(

I don't understand how other people have had so much trouble with the nuke. I added 0 heat management stuff to mine, run it for 30+ minute at a time, often and never have trouble. If anything I think we need hotter rockets now that we have radiator parts.

If anything I think we need hotter rockets now that we have radiator parts.

Absolutely not. There should be zero nerfs in hot fixes. KSP has been officially released now, and we should be able to build a rocket and have it work without Squad pulling the rug out from under us halfway through a mission. Missions in KSP can take years of in-game time, and there is no reason to punish somebody for not using radiators when radiators didn't even exist when the rocket was launched.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.