157 members have voted

1. 1. What will KSP be like in v2.0

• Multiplayer
    • Stock motors
    • Gp2+
    • More launch pads
    • 2nd solar system
    • All of the above

Since 1.0 was released recently I thought what will the game be like in 2.0. Please do not post it won't get there for it will. I just want some positiveness for the future as where KSP will be

I think SQUAD could make a new game instead of KSP 2.0. Once this KSP is finished, of course. I would like to see a crossover between KSP and Elite: Dangerous. You build your own vessels with KSP-like editor and go on an interstellar adventure with multiplayer. And with economy. And lasers. Pew, Pew, Pew!

I really hope KSP 2 is a new game and not just another update. Above all else I'd like to see a new game engine that's much better suited to the scale of a solar system, but I feel that more generally it would be great to see some new good ideas and some old minus points done away with, as well as a game that's visually a lot more detailed.

I don't see a KSP 2.0

It's a game, not an Office suite. They'll port it to Unity 5, add multiplayer, and that would be it. Games don't stay in development forever.

Maybe Squad will make more games, maybe they won't - KSP is Felipe's personal project.

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Instead, I want:

* fixing of "legacy" bugs

* fixing of 1.x bugs

* all atmospheres gradually fading to nothing instead of being levitating oceans

* abolition of Kerbal trade union-esque class system and replacement by a more enlightened "open shop" system

* a tech tree that actually makes sense

* a contract system that actually makes sense

You know, basically making 2.0 what 1.0 should have been.

And then, if it's not too much, 64-bit, but that can wait for 2.1 :)

I don't want them to make another game. That would imply they should just say "meh screw Kerbal Space Program" and leave, which I think would suck massive donkey ..... I'm hoping for at LEAST one more god damn planet, or multiple for hell I care. I agree with Geschosskop with that atmosphere thing as well.

I want KSP 2.0 to be a pretty much bug-less game where there are procedurally generated planets, realistic atmospheres, contracts, class systems, and tech trees (Like Geschosskopf said), a realistic science system, and an simulated economy. Also I hope you can start from sounding rockets and go all the way to an Interstellar Starship fleet. I also sense multiplayer.

Want KSP 2.0 add destination contents, makes travel to other prebuilt city/planet/moon/spacestation more meaningful then just science points. Yeah means populated Kerbin is needed than using plugin addons.

Make kOS a stock addition is gonna be awesome, as well less kraken is certainly welcomed.

GP2+ is shorthand for "More Planets," which most people think means more gas giants, analogues to Saturn (rings) and Uranus (tilted on its side), plus (ideally) interesting moons.

A stock motor would be - I am guessing - a rotor that can turn electricity into angular momentum. So we could make our own wheels and propellers. Right now, Unity 4 has major issues with this kind of movement but who knows (I'm sure someone does, but I don't) about Unity 5.

I don't see a KSP 2.0

It's a game, not an Office suite. They'll port it to Unity 5, add multiplayer, and that would be it. Games don't stay in development forever.

Some games do. Crusader Kings 2 for example - the game should be long dead, but as project leader said - as long as people keep buying expansions for it, they will keep making them. Even if people don't buy them, they still get bugfixes and some new features in free patches that are realeased along those expansions. This way game that is 3 years old (counting since 1.0 release) still has very active development.

I suspect the same will happen to KSP - as long as people are buying the game, we will get new versions. This is also why PS4 release is a good thing - more money = more development.

I want KSP 2.0 to be a pretty much bug-less game where there are procedurally generated planets, realistic atmospheres, contracts, class systems, and tech trees (Like Geschosskopf said), a realistic science system, and an simulated economy. Also I hope you can start from sounding rockets and go all the way to an Interstellar Starship fleet. I also sense multiplayer.

So just a modest request then? :)

I'd like that plus a chicken in every pot and a pony. Because, Kerbals on ponies.

Pretty much this, except the multiplayer stuff.

Endgame should be extended to interstellar travel, including dozends or more Star systems. Building colonies and exploring alien worlds.

IDK, but for me KSP always feels like the beginning of a great game, now we need a middle part (colony building and Interstellar travel).

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Instead, I want:

* fixing of "legacy" bugs

* fixing of 1.x bugs

* all atmospheres gradually fading to nothing instead of being levitating oceans

* abolition of Kerbal trade union-esque class system and replacement by a more enlightened "open shop" system

* a tech tree that actually makes sense

* a contract system that actually makes sense

You know, basically making 2.0 what 1.0 should have been.

And then, if it's not too much, 64-bit, but that can wait for 2.1 :)

Next major update (the one bringing U5) will be x64.

x64, multithreading and general improvements in stability would do me.

Oh and faster load time would be nice.

I'd kinda like proper n-body physics too but that's not gonna happen.

Pretty mush everything else I could want can be accommodated by mods

Nothing. I don't expect there to be a kerbal space program 2.0. I expect there to be a kerbal space program 1.10. KSP is not made for sequels.

Anyway, I expect multiplayer, stable x64, clouds, GP2 & 3 with their moons, and (maybe) Ven's stock revamp to be stock. And perhaps 1.875m parts.

I don't want them to make another game. That would imply they should just say "meh screw Kerbal Space Program" and leave
I feel that in the next year or two Squad should do that. Once KSP has its essential bugfixes and much-desired performance optimisations I'd like to see Squad work on something else. While KSP is somewhat amenable to "expansion packs" the core game engine has big issues that I feel could only be resolved by making what amounts to an entirely new game. Also while I'd like a KSP 2 I also wouldn't mind seeing what else Squad can come up with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.