[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

3 minutes ago, fairy said:

Is there a way to not use the engine sounds that comes with Real Plume and just have the effects?

They are great!  But I understand what you mean.  Sometimes they are inappropriate.  Probably want to wait until Felger updates things.  Maybe he can detect when to use the right sound.

BTW, Has anyone done a plume for Bobcat's soviet engines?

I have been working on a Real Plume for a customised Near Future Propulsion Ion Argon 4 point engine.  All works well, but the sound continues to elude me (sounds that come with NFP engine do not work).  I created a folder in the Real-Plume-Stock folder called NearFuturePropulsion with the config created fo ion_Argon1251:

Here is the current work on the ion_Argon1251.  The Plume and such work fine, but sound is non-existant:

@PART[ionArgon-1251]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName = Ion-Xenon-Gridded1
    }
    PLUME
    {
        name = Ion-Xenon-Gridded1 
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,0.5
        fixedScale = 1.5
        energy = 1

speed = 1

}
}
@PART[ionArgon-1251]:FINAL:NEEDS[SmokeScreen,NearFuturePropulsion] //SpaceY P2 "Dual-Penguin" Vacuum Engine
{
    @EFFECTS
    {
        !engage {}
        !flameout {}
        !run_hallm1 {}
        engage
        {
            AUDIO
            {
                 channel = Ship
                 clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/IonArgonOn
                 volume = 1.0
                 pitch = 1.0
                 loop = false
            }
        }
        flameout
        {
            AUDIO
            {
                 channel = Ship
                 clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/GenericFlameout
                 volume = 1.0
                 pitch = 1.0
                 loop = false
            }
        }
        run_hallm1
        {
            AUDIO
            {
                 channel = Ship
                 clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/IonArgonLoop01
                 volume = 0.0 0.0 
                 volume = 0.01 0.1
                 volume = 0.5 0.2 
                 volume = 1.0 0.4 
                 pitch = 0.0 1.0 
                 pitch = 0.5 1.0
                 pitch = 1.0 1.0
                 loop = true
            }
        }
    }
}

I wanted to emulate the Ion-Xenon-Gridded config in the 00_Generic_Plumes, so here is that config.  This config is working fine:

@PART[*]:HAS[@PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]]:AFTER[zRealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    %EFFECTS
    {
        %Ion-Xenon-Gridded1
        {
            MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE_PERSIST
            {
                //Get configs from the PLUME node.
                transformName = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/transformName$
                localRotation = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/localRotation[0]$,$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/localRotation[1]$,$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/localRotation[2]$
                localPosition = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/plumePosition[0]$,$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/plumePosition[1]$,$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded1]/plumePosition[2]$
                fixedScale    = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded]/plumeScale$
                energy        = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded]/energy$
                speed         = #$../../../PLUME[Ion-Xenon-Gridded]/speed$
                //
        modelName = RealPlume/MP_Nazari_FX/noxflame
        transformName = thrustTransform
        emission = 0.0 0.0
        emission = 0.10 0.00
        emission = 0.15 0.45
        emission = 1.0 0.75
        speed = 1.0 1.5

speed = 1.0 0.6

energy = 0.0 0.2

energy = 1.0 1.0

fixedEmissions = false
        size = 0.5        grow
           {
          density = 0 -0.999
          density = 1 10
           }
           emission
           {
          power = 1.0 3.0
          power = 0.10 0.00
          power = 0.15 0.8
          power = 1.0 1
           }
            }
        }
    }
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On 11/12/2015 at 11:52 PM, Alshain said:

Not 100% working. For some reason it is causing the Whiplash to be rescaled.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139135-Oversized-Whiplash

Did you fix this, Alshain? I've spent all evening narrowing down the issue to RealPlume, and finding no one but you talking about it in the thread. Is no one else experiencing this?

46 minutes ago, Virion said:

Did you fix this, Alshain? I've spent all evening narrowing down the issue to RealPlume, and finding no one but you talking about it in the thread. Is no one else experiencing this?

Yes I fixed it, I uninstalled RealPlume lol.  AFAIK, if RP hasn't been updated, there is nothing you can do about it.  It's sad, but it seems to be a dead mod.

Edited by Alshain

38 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Yes I fixed it, I uninstalled RealPlume lol.  AFAIK, if RP hasn't been updated, there is nothing you can do about it.  It's sad, but it seems to be a dead mod.

... Or maybe it just resizes your whiplash. Otherwise the mod woks fine.

3 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

... Or maybe it just resizes your whiplash. Otherwise the mod woks fine.

If by "works fine", you mean make a rather popular part unusable.  Then yes.  But I wouldn't call that working fine. I call it incompatible with 1.0.5, and it's been 3 months now.  An update to make it compatible doesn't look forthcoming.

Edited by Alshain

Aw, but dem plumes, tho. 

Aha, seem to have fixed it. This post reveals when and where the rescale factor was added. Seems like the author was doing most of his testing in Ven's Revamp, and I guess the whiplash is a different size/shape in that? Anyway, deleting this:

rescaleFactor = 1.25
    @scale = 1.25

from RealPlume/MP_Nazari_FX/emissives/emissives.cfg corrects the sizing. 

In fact, probably delete emissives.cfg entirely. I've only ever dabbled in tweaking mod configs, so if someone more experienced could take a look that would be great. But I think all of emissives.cfg is obsolete.

10 hours ago, Alshain said:

If by "works fine", you mean make a rather popular part unusable.  Then yes.  But I wouldn't call that working fine. I call it incompatible with 1.0.5, and it's been 3 months now.  An update to make it compatible doesn't look forthcoming.

You called this mod "dead" which would entail that RealPlume is completely broken, doesn't work at all and support has been dropped. Seeing is how that's not the case. Quite the opposite in fact. The mod is not "dead" 

It simply resizes the whiplash. An issue, yes. Detrimental? No. I make a big deal about this because I see it far too often. And at one point it turns into trolling to get a rise out of the mod maker. Which is what your dead comment came off as. 

I understand it can be frustrating. I'm sure that resized engine throws a big wrench into your design. But subtle trolling is not a solution and actually will work against you in the long run. Choose your words more carefully in the future. Especially if your looking for support. 

The oversized engine was technically usable, but definitely bothering me on an aesthetic level. But I'm so used to the RealPlume rocket effects that uninstalling the mod would bother me just as much on all the rocket engines.

Regardless, I have fixed the sizing issue and disabled all RealPlume jet engine effects until somebody can make some good ones. I only hope that, if the author doesn't return, the mod can survive the 1.1 changeover. I don't have much RAM to spare for cosmetic mods right now, but I plan on installing all the prettifying mods once we get 64-bit working.

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

You called this mod "dead" which would entail that RealPlume is completely broken, doesn't work at all and support has been dropped. Seeing is how that's not the case. Quite the opposite in fact. The mod is not "dead" 

It simply resizes the whiplash. An issue, yes. Detrimental? No. I make a big deal about this because I see it far too often. And at one point it turns into trolling to get a rise out of the mod maker. Which is what your dead comment came off as. 

I understand it can be frustrating. I'm sure that resized engine throws a big wrench into your design. But subtle trolling is not a solution and actually will work against you in the long run. Choose your words more carefully in the future. Especially if your looking for support. 

My dead comment is referring to the fact it is incompatible and has not been updated after a significant time to correct the incompatibility.  Any further inference is your own.  The mod is not compatible with the current version of KSP and has not been updated in several months since it became so, thus it is dead, or inactive, or on hiatus, whichever term you prefer that is what it is... not being fixed.  It's not trolling, it is stating fact.  I don't know why you think I would be trying to get a rise out of the mod maker since he isn't here and hasn't been since November if you bothered checking his profile.  That just doesn't make any sense at all, seems the only troll here is you.

As for the oversized whiplash, it is very detrimental, it doesn't fit any parts and off balances any plane that is built with it. 

I wasn't looking for support, I'm not even using the mod anymore.  I was answering a question that was asked of me and I answered it factually.  I'll choose my words as I please.  How about you mind your own and stop playing back seat moderator.

Edited by Alshain

Please consider that some of the modders are taking no action until the release of 1.1 which is expected to break a lot of mods everyone was expecting 1.1 but we got 1.05 instead as interim some have been doing minor fixes other are holding off so please consider this before calling it dead 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not dead per se, I've just not had time to work on it in the past month or so.  Also 1.1

On which note, if anyone would like to take over maintenance of RealPlume Stock Configs, I'd be happy to hand the reigns over.  I know @Nhawks17 and @DerpyFirework have done a lot of work with this, and are likely familiar enough with the architecture of the mod to do upkeep.

I've got the pull requests on github incorporated, and released, but I'm afraid my schedule doesn't really allow for more than that at this point.  Even when real life settles down a bit, I'll probably go back to spending most of my time on Realism Overhaul, so I'd love to see someone take the reigns and continue the work on the stock configs for RealPlume.

44 minutes ago, Felger said:

It's not dead per se, I've just not had time to work on it in the past month or so.  Also 1.1

On which note, if anyone would like to take over maintenance of RealPlume Stock Configs, I'd be happy to hand the reigns over.  I know @Nhawks17 and @DerpyFirework have done a lot of work with this, and are likely familiar enough with the architecture of the mod to do upkeep.

I've got the pull requests on github incorporated, and released, but I'm afraid my schedule doesn't really allow for more than that at this point.  Even when real life settles down a bit, I'll probably go back to spending most of my time on Realism Overhaul, so I'd love to see someone take the reigns and continue the work on the stock configs for RealPlume.

I'm sure I'd be able to keep up the Stock configs. I don't think I'd be able to contribute to the dev of the RealPlume plugins and effects however, not skilled enough for that :P 

20 hours ago, Felger said:

I should be around to keep this going.

RealPlume is one of those things I'd wanted for a long time, and it's nice to be a part of it.

So, thanks for making RealPlume and it's configs the way it is, it makes it so easy to work with!

Going to work on some configs for the newest stock parts now, since I have some time free.

23 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I'm sure I'd be able to keep up the Stock configs. I don't think I'd be able to contribute to the dev of the RealPlume plugins and effects however, not skilled enough for that :P 

I still plan on keeping up (when I get time again) the main RealPlume mod, and @sarbian manages SmokeScreen, so that'll stay up to date.

3 hours ago, DerpyFirework said:

I should be around to keep this going.

RealPlume is one of those things I'd wanted for a long time, and it's nice to be a part of it.

So, thanks for making RealPlume and it's configs the way it is, it makes it so easy to work with!

Going to work on some configs for the newest stock parts now, since I have some time free.

I'll see about getting you and Nhawks privileges on the repository so you can post releases and accept pull requests.

On 1/15/2016 at 6:21 PM, Nhawks17 said:

Would you want to continue to maintain the thread Felger or did you want a new one?

Probably better to make a new thread at this point, with everything going on on my end, I won't really have the opportunity to regularly update this one.

On 1/15/2016 at 6:56 AM, DerpyFirework said:

Right, new configs for the parts changed in 1.0.5 are done, just needs to be merged.

You and @Nhawks17 should be able to merge and draft releases.