[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

32 minutes ago, .50calBMg said:

I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask, but it might not be because it pertains to realplume. Now, I love it to death and cant play without it, but the one thing I wish it did was make the flame cone much smaller once you enter the vacuum of space, like in Scott Manley's videos on RSS. How do I get the effects to replicate his?

Spaceships are serious business part 10

It completely depends on what engines you are using. Each engine has a config that someone took the time to write. Make sure the engine you're using is actually supported. RealPlume should do this if the engine has a config written properly for it. What engines are you trying to get this to happen with?

Every mod I have supports realplume, it kinda became a prerequisite for me honestly. This video shows what I mean, as (to my sleep deprived brain) it is somewhat difficult to explain. In ksp with realplume installed, the exhaust flames are massive when in space, looking at the second stage in this video, around 3:30, the flames barely escape the nozzle with a light haze around it. is it possible to scale the size of the flames back down after having them scale up in the higher atmosphere?

Is it possible to make the smoke slightly transparent? I love the engine plumes from this mod but the smoke, especially on solid boosters is just too repetitive and bland for my liking. If not how hard would it be replace the realplume smoke fx with the squad one? Can either of these things be done by through the configs alone?

On 11/1/2015, 1:49:02, davidy12 said:

SSTU support yet?

I started working on this, but am hung up on the RL10A-4 and B-2 engines.  The nozzles have a deploy animation that happens before the engine ignites and for some reason that's preventing RealPlume from showing. 

3 hours ago, ChrisMetal said:

I started working on this, but am hung up on the RL10A-4 and B-2 engines.  The nozzles have a deploy animation that happens before the engine ignites and for some reason that's preventing RealPlume from showing. 

The smallest high isp engine (cant remember the name) from cryogenic engines has an extending nozzle as well and it works fine with realplume.

3 hours ago, .50calBMg said:

The smallest high isp engine (cant remember the name) from cryogenic engines has an extending nozzle as well and it works fine with realplume.

Thanks - I'll take a look at the config for it and see what I can figure out.

Update - The RealPlume config for the Cryo engine (the CT10) is standard.  It doesn't help me in this case.  I'll continue testing and figuring :)

Edited by ChrisMetal
Update

I've tried to change configs for stock engines, so that all LFO engines would use Kerolox-Lower or Kerolox-Upper FX.

But I can't seem to get Poodle and Terier to work right with Kerolox-Upper FX.

For Poodle, the plume is too big, setting fixedScale seem to have no effect.

For Terier, scale is perfect at 0.3, but position of the plume is buried inside the engine, no matter how I tweak localPosition.

By the way, is it remotely possible to select FX automatically based on the fuel being used? Theoretically, FX could be tied to fuel, speed of the plume to ISP, saturation of particles to fuel consumption, etc.

Edited by Psycho_zs

59 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

Now it seems to work, but what's the keystroke for opening settings? I need to lower the particle number...

You have to have blizzy's toolbar installed and have the SmokeScreen button there to access those parameters. Or you can change it in the actual config file for SmokeScreen.

15 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

You have to have blizzy's toolbar installed and have the SmokeScreen button there to access those parameters. Or you can change it in the actual config file for SmokeScreen.

14 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Just the basics first, did you install ModuleManager, SmokeScreen and RealPlume before installing this set of configs?

I'd like to do it without installing Blizzy's toolbar and yes, I have installed all those things. However, I don't have any configuration files in SmokeScreen folder.

1 hour ago, lajoswinkler said:

I'd like to do it without installing Blizzy's toolbar and yes, I have installed all those things. However, I don't have any configuration files in SmokeScreen folder.

There should be some in there after you run the game with it for the first time.

On 10/27/2015 at 2:18 PM, Alshain said:

The phrase you are looking for is 'Volume Normalization', and I would like this as well. The rockets sound cool and all but I live in an apartment, I can't be blasting my neighbors with that level of noise.

I'd like to third this.  I had to hunt down and modify the wav files myself because, using headphones, the ignition blast sound for the first stage engines (and that shotgun ignition sound for the vacuum engines) were literally making my ears hurt, even with the spacecraft volume down to 20%

13 hours ago, mcfunk0017 said:

I'd like to third this.  I had to hunt down and modify the wav files myself because, using headphones, the ignition blast sound for the first stage engines (and that shotgun ignition sound for the vacuum engines) were literally making my ears hurt, even with the spacecraft volume down to 20%

Possible workaround: I went under \GameData\RealPlume\000_Generic_Plumes\ and changed the volume levels (-50%) in the cfgs under audio. Some have 2 entries, for those I assumed one was min and the other max. Works for me.

Edited by OneEyedBob

If we have an existing engine, do we replace the current FX module or add the example real plume config somewhere in the existing one? cause i replaced the engine Fx that were stock with the real plume plume and the engine didn't load. 

Edit: i just added the base config to the engine, without replacing the stock one and the engine loaded! but the real plume effect didn't load.

Made a separate MM .cfg, hopefully this should work.

didn't. 

text of MM.cfg

Spoiler

@PART[KK_SPX_Merlin!D]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]

{

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]

{

@name = ModuleEnginesFX

%powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower

}

PLUME

{