[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

Felger actually added this to the main release of RealPlume, if you're running into this issue you need to make sure to grab the latest files of RealPlume, not just the configs! :D

This right here is why CKAN is so great. If more people used it to manage their mods and keep them up to date, we would never get bug reports like this.

This right here is why CKAN is so great. If more people used it to manage their mods and keep them up to date, we would never get bug reports like this.

is there no forum thread for the actual RealPlume mod? That's how I see what needs to be updated. The link just goes straight to Github

Congratulations for this beautiful mod!

Do you think to add plume also to Interstellar Extended engines? They're great, but their exaust need some love, definitely...

Eventually, yes. In the near term, it's not high on my list. That's not to stop anyone who wants to from doing the plumes themselves, it's not a complicated process. Check out the guide on github

is there no forum thread for the actual RealPlume mod? That's how I see what needs to be updated. The link just goes straight to Github

I'm not a huge fan of the ksp forum format, so I'm trying to minimize my required interactions with it. The likelihood of RealPlume getting its own thread is exceedingly low.

Can you make RealPlume configs for RSCapsuledyne, Mk2 Expansion and NFP/NFSP?

Try and take these suggestions into consideration, alright? This mod is awesome and I'd love to contribute it, although I'm not very good at modding :(

Can you make RealPlume configs for RSCapsuledyne, Mk2 Expansion and NFP/NFSP?

Try and take these suggestions into consideration, alright? This mod is awesome and I'd love to contribute it, although I'm not very good at modding :(

Can you give RealPlume configs for Behemoth Aerospace Engineering and the Mk2 Expansion?

Try not to overwork yourself, even though it's very easy to make plumes for engines... :wink:

Try Taurus HCV and Near Future Propulsion. If you do so, then gargantuan props to your awesome mod! But still, complete the RealPlume configs for BAE and MK2X.
:0.0: AWESOMENESS OVERLOAD INITIATED!!! :0.0:

Could you give Mk2 Expansion, Taurus HCV, the Vanguard Astrodynamics VX series engines, LLL and RLA Stockalike the RealPlume treatment, please? :D

I think your requests have been noted. :rolleyes: Sometimes things take more than 1 week

Edited by Svm420

Compatibility

This is fully cross-compatible with HotRockets, however RealPlume will overwrite HotRockets plumes where both configure the same engine. Because of the way ModuleManager works, any other mods that add effects to engines will either be overwritten, or potentially overwrite RealPlume configs depending on where they fall in alphabetical order relative to RealPlume.

So wait... If it's fully cross-compatible with HotRockets but will overwrite it, doesn't that mean that it's not really compatible...? I mean from a functional standpoint I suppose it wouldn't break your game or cause a crash or anything so it would be compatible in that sense, but if one of the mods overwrites what the other mod is doing then it's not really compatible because your basically having only one out of the two mods functioning. This effectively makes the mod that's not working basically irrelevant to have installed all together.

Unless I'm missing something? :confused:

I need a little help... How to save in a persistent way two different position for plume AND flare? With that Thermal Turbojet, when I tweak it in game it's perfect, but in the cfg I'm unable to specify the position of the two, having only one correctly aligned.

EDIT: Nevermind, I missed the first 9 pages of the thread, I found the solution there.

This is the Thermal Rocket Nozzle

5DuVzAQ.png

Now I just need to figure out how to make the Plume works for Electric engines, there's something weird there...

Edited by Nansuchao

So wait... If it's fully cross-compatible with HotRockets but will overwrite it, doesn't that mean that it's not really compatible...? I mean from a functional standpoint I suppose it wouldn't break your game or cause a crash or anything so it would be compatible in that sense, but if one of the mods overwrites what the other mod is doing then it's not really compatible because your basically having only one out of the two mods functioning. This effectively makes the mod that's not working basically irrelevant to have installed all together.

Unless I'm missing something? :confused:

I think what he means by that is you can have both installed so if Hot Rockets has a supported mod but RealPlume doesn't then the Hot Rocket effects will show up on all engines that RealPlume doesn't have configs for, but if RealPlume has configs for a mod Hot Rockets supports, RealPlume will overwrite that.

- - - Updated - - -

I know but still, I'm kinda impatient for requests sometimes :rolleyes:

You should be more patient then :P You could also try making the configs yourself! Felger made a really nice Wiki entry explaining how to do it step by step!

Ok, I definitely need some help. I'm able to make the plume works for some engines, absolutely no way for others. I studied the wiki from the top to bottom maybe 20 times and checked and rechecked my cfg countless times, but I can't find a way to make the plume works for Vista, Plasma Thruster and Magnetic Nozzle. Is there someone who can please give me some help?

Ok, I definitely need some help. I'm able to make the plume works for some engines, absolutely no way for others. I studied the wiki from the top to bottom maybe 20 times and checked and rechecked my cfg countless times, but I can't find a way to make the plume works for Vista, Plasma Thruster and Magnetic Nozzle. Is there someone who can please give me some help?

Do those engines happen to have multiple modes that can be toggled? Also have you double checked to make sure you are using the correct transform name?

I countless times checked the transform name and yes, they have multiple modes, but I was able to make the plume work for other engines with multiple modes without issues of any sort.

Most Interstellar engines have multiple modes, but just those three are making me going crazy.

Probably there is something that overwrite the plume config in some way, but I can't find what is.

Edited by Nansuchao

I countless times checked the transform name and yes, they have multiple modes, but I was able to make the plume work for other engines with multiple modes without issues of any sort.

Most Interstellar engines have multiple modes, but just those three are making me going crazy.

Probably there is something that overwrite the plume config in some way, but I can't find what is.

Yeah, thats probably why, I can't get to the solution right now but if someone else doesn't tell you how to fix it by the time I get home tonight I'll be able to help!

Ok, so if you go into the engine config of the one you are on you should find that in the modules there are engineID's. If I'm correct in assuming thats how they have it set up there should be multiple engineID's throughout the config file with different names. So I did the SpaceY engine configs and the 5m M9 rocket cluster has two separate modes, one where all the engines fire, and the other where only the center engine fires. In the config there is an engineID named CenterOnly and AllEngines. So in the RealPlume config for it all you need to do is add :HAS[#engineID[*insert engineID*]] after the @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]. So in the instance of my SpaceY config it was laid out like this

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#engineID[AllEngines]]
{
@name = ModuleEnginesFX
!runningEffectName = DELETE
%powerEffectName = Kerolox-Lower
}
@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]:HAS[#engineID[CenterOnly]]
{
@name = ModuleEnginesFX
!runningEffectName = DELETE
%powerEffectName = Kerolox-Upper
}

Now, I don't know if Felger has this fixed since I last did it but you can't have the same plume name for both so you have to pick two separate ones to identify the mode. If you can't find it just post the config file in here and I'll see if I can figure it out. If that isn't that case then poke Felger :P

Thanks Nhawks17, but sadly it doesn't work... Plasma Thruster has multiple modes, but a single engineID, while Vista and Magnetic Nozzle have a single mode. Just those three engines are bothering me...

EDIT: ok, now they are two, I magically found the way to make the Vista have the right plume...

EDIT EDIT: Now just the Plasma Thruster is out of my capabilities...

Edited by Nansuchao

Thanks Nhawks17, but sadly it doesn't work... Plasma Thruster has multiple modes, but a single engineID, while Vista and Magnetic Nozzle have a single mode. Just those three engines are bothering me...

EDIT: ok, now they are two, I magically found the way to make the Vista have the right plume...

EDIT EDIT: Now just the Plasma Thruster is out of my capabilities...

Could you post the config for the Plasma Thruster just so I can see it?

Sure. Here you have:

@PART[interstellarPlasmaThrusterUpgraded]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[smokeScreen] //Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster

{

PLUME

{

name = Hydynelox-A7

transformName = TT

localRotation = 0,0,0

localPosition = 0,0,1

fixedScale = 4

energy = 1

speed = 1

}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]