How do you pronounce Dres?

Trann

I don't pretend to know the best place for these so I bow to the admins' will.

But I'd rather see a wiki update with the final word and citation so we can end this madness.

Looks like I'm an outlier here, because I pronounce it "Drayce". Rhymes with "Face".

Giving away the fact that I spent about six years studying Latin with that pronunciation...

(Edit: And while we're at it, "Mun" rhymes with "Fun", "Laythe" rhymes with "bathe", and I think everything else is pronounced exactly the way it's spelled.)

Edited by Landwalker

Looks like I'm an outlier here, because I pronounce it "Drayce". Rhymes with "Face".

Giving away the fact that I spent about six years studying Latin with that pronunciation...

(Edit: And while we're at it, "Mun" rhymes with "Fun", "Laythe" rhymes with "bathe", and I think everything else is pronounced exactly the way it's spelled.)

I agree with all, except -

Yes, "Mun" rhymes with fun, but if you look at the name, it has an umlaut U in it.

"Mün" is pronounced - "Moon".

I agree with all, except -

Yes, "Mun" rhymes with fun, but if you look at the name, it has an umlaut U in it.

"Mün" is pronounced - "Moon".

I see folks on the forum write "Mün" pretty often, but I haven't ever seen it that way in the game. It's always "Mun" there. If it were "Mün", then yes, it would definitely sound like "Moon."

screenshot10_1.png

I see folks on the forum write "Mün" pretty often, but I haven't ever seen it that way in the game. It's always "Mun" there. If it were "Mün", then yes, it would definitely sound like "Moon."

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/landwalker/screenshot10_1.png

Ah well, the more you know

Drez

Lay-th

Moon (I only say Mun (like fun) if I say it in a high pitched kerbal voice)

Doo-nah

And one I HAVEN'T seen brought up yet, Pol...Pohl or Pahl?

Edit: What about Tylo!!! Tee-low or Tie-Low??

Edit 2!: What bout Vall!!! Vail or Vall (Like 'fall')

Edited by Glaran K'erman