Dres like Fez, not like dress

Jool like fool

Laythe like lathe, not like faith

Vall like pal, not like ball

Tylo like tie-low

Bop like bop

Pol like politics, I hope I don't get an infraction for saying that

Eeloo like bee-loo

I'm more of a Drez guy (rez as in resolution).

I wasn't going to do this, but 5thHorseman got it so wrong... (I kid).

Haha no kidding needed. I agree I was wrong, but just found it way too hard to change. I came around through and am now one of the collective.

And to just get this all down (copied mostly from cantab)

Sun like "son." I do not call it Kerbol.

Moho like Soho

Eve like eve

Gilly like silly

Kerbin like her-bin

Mun like Moon. Or if I pay attention more like Myoon. IOW, I pronounce the umlaut.

Minmus like bin-bus

Duna like do-huh.

Ike like like

Dres like Fez

Jool like fool

Laythe like lathe

Vall like ball

Tylo like tie-low

Bop like hop

Pol like pole

Eeloo like Leeloo Dallas Multipass. Or for those who haven't see the movie, like he-lou

Edited by 5thHorseman

Pol like politics, I hope I don't get an infraction for saying that

My brother frequents that site that we probably shouldn't talk about; when he heard me talking about "Sending a probe to Pol" he thought it was the funniest thing ever and suggested a heat shield for the inevitable flame wars. That said, half the time I pronounce it like "pawl", and half like "pole".

On topic, I pronounce it "drayce", though "drayz" or "drays" would also be close. I like the long E sound.

I pronounce it exactly the same way Scott Manley does. Actually, I think he and I pronounce all of the names of the various Kerbal Space Program planets and moons the same way. Funny, that. I can't think of a single example where we don't, save perhaps his occasional calling the sun "Kerbol" instead of "the sun".

Another "How do you pronounce planet X?" How and when did that pronuncomania even start????

And yeah, I would also recommend Manley on regards to pronunciations, if not for the fact that the way he pronounces out might not be too readily apparent to everyone.

But in all seriousness, if you want the real pronunciation, ask no further than Robbaz!