LiquidHype's Real Scale Launch Vehicles (RETIRED)

liquidhype

Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which launch vehicle would you like to see next?

• Titan IV (A & B)
    • Ariane 4 (All configurations)
    • ULA Vulcan
    • Other (specify in the comments)

Hey, just to let you know liquid what I'm working on/what is planned:

Atlas II-III

Earlier Atlases are planned too, when I have Atlas II done I can use its engine section for the earlier ones

SpaceX rocket family (Falcon 9 is pretty much completed in terms of modelling, then Falcon 9 1.1 and 1.2 and Heavy, plus maybe Falcon 1e)

Delta III/IV

Earlier Delta's are just an option, I don't know if I'll make them, I'llhave enough to do with the stuff above, so if you want to do them I won't even start with this (But BTW, I'm working on the engines for Atlas and Thor, so if you start with Thors I can give you the engines for it! :) )

And really, you don't have to put your D3 down when mine is released, really not! ;)

I can't wait for the atlas's

Hey, just to let you know liquid what I'm working on/what is planned:

Atlas II-III

Earlier Atlases are planned too, when I have Atlas II done I can use its engine section for the earlier ones

SpaceX rocket family (Falcon 9 is pretty much completed in terms of modelling, then Falcon 9 1.1 and 1.2 and Heavy, plus maybe Falcon 1e)

Delta III/IV

Earlier Delta's are just an option, I don't know if I'll make them, I'llhave enough to do with the stuff above, so if you want to do them I won't even start with this (But BTW, I'm working on the engines for Atlas and Thor, so if you start with Thors I can give you the engines for it! :) )

And really, you don't have to put your D3 down when mine is released, really not! ;)

Allrighty, good to know!

I'll have to release Ariane 5 and finish Soyuz before I start anything new. And even then, my first priorities would be Ariane 1-4 and Titan IV. Then maybe down the line if there are some launchers that are sorely needed and have not been made yet, I can go ahead and do those. But until such time, anyone with free time can go ahead and make whatever is not made yet.

At some point I want to do Vulcan and Liberty, but I realize I have much, much work to do before I can even start working on those :P

As for my Delta III, if it is still up to par when KK releases his, I can have a separate download for it. But KKs work is always so fantastic, so I don't see many people using mine once his is released and combined with the Delta portion of his mod. It is more convenient for people to download from his pack than having to find my mod to get just the Delta III, and then go back to KKs mod to get the rest of the Deltas. Seems more logical to me to have any and all Delta launchers in 1 single mod.

Whenever you do whatever you're going to do with the Titan family, are you going to do the various upper stages, too? Like the AJ10 transtage and whatnot, as well as Centaur-T?

I actually had that very conversation with Dragon01 today, and the long-term answer is yes and the short-term answer is no :) The first release of Titan IV will be a "standardized" version of it, meaning only the most common configuration of the launcher. Later on I'll add all the extras/misc. that will allow for all the various configurations that were used during its lifetime, like different upper stages and such.

The reason for this is simply because I have so many launchers I want to make, and if I spend all my free time making all these "nicknacks" for every single launcher, I'll never get anything done. I've gotten a few requests by PM from people who want very, very specific things. Things that only a select few ultra-realism KSP player would even care about. So all these extras will come eventually, but not any time soon.

I actually had that very conversation with Dragon01 today, and the long-term answer is yes and the short-term answer is no :) The first release of Titan IV will be a "standardized" version of it, meaning only the most common configuration of the launcher. Later on I'll add all the extras/misc. that will allow for all the various configurations that were used during its lifetime, like different upper stages and such.

The reason for this is simply because I have so many launchers I want to make, and if I spend all my free time making all these "nicknacks" for every single launcher, I'll never get anything done. I've gotten a few requests by PM from people who want very, very specific things. Things that only a select few ultra-realism KSP player would even care about. So all these extras will come eventually, but not any time soon.

Mmm, sounds like a plan to me! It is your time and skill! Do what you want with it!

You mean like... ATV solar panels?

Amongst other things. Everytime I export a part that has more than 1 moving object, Unity freaks out. I am at my witts end and have tried literally everything I can think of. I have not had these sorts of problems in the past when making either solar panels or engine nozzles with multiple extensions for my own personal use (non-mod related parts).

Finally had some free time to finish up the Automated Transfer Vehicle. The ATV itself has switchable textures (Thanks Mike-NZ) in order to have and/or simulate the different versions of ATVs that were sent up in real life (ATV 1 - Jules Verne, ATV 2 - Johannes Kepler, ATV 3 - Edoardo Amaldi, ATV 4 - Albert Einstein, ATV 5 - Georges Lemaître).

Here are some images of ATV 1 and 5 for those of you who might be interested:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

In other news; Getting ever closer to being able to release the next update. It has take a bit longer than what I would have liked, but it is quite big and has alot of changes and new models and textures. Also work and real life has been rather hectic. Hopefully the next update will be live soon :) Stay tuned!

But Kartoffelkuchen's Delta III or any of his rockets aren't for RSS, so for RSS players we just lost a rocket!

All his laucnhers are 1:1 scale and Realism Overhaul has configs for his current launchers, and RO will have configs for hus Delta III, Delta IV and Falcon 9 once they are released. So don't you worry :)

After a surprising amount of people sending me PMs about not discontinuing the Delta III, I decided to still include it in the upcoming Real Scale Launch Vehicles update. Here are a couple of images of the new DCSS (upper stage) and RL10-B-2 engine with animated extendable nozzle skirt. The DCSS and engine still needs a little texture fine-tuning in regards to details and such. The upper stage now also has RCS thrusters (3 on each side) and the engine and upper stage have been separated into 2 pieces instead of 1 (like before).

Also, here is an image of the complete Ariane 5 ECA:

Vega also got a little face-lift:

Edited by liquidhype

...continuing from the previous page: Just for good measure, here is what Ariane 6 looks like with improved texture shaders and the new upperstage and Vinci engine:

Once all the textures has gotten better shaders and all part have been run through Unity (all parts are now complete), I will release the update :)

Edited by liquidhype

...continuing from the previous page: Just for good measure, here is what Ariane 6 looks like with improved texture shaders and the new upperstage and Vinci engine:

http://imgur.com/a/5BSR9

Once all the textures has gotten better shaders and all part have been run through Unity (all parts are now complete), I will release the update :)

Stuff looks great as always.

Yeah, I know that! I just throw KSP on for testing my rockets at the moment!

Nice minion, kart!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.