Whats your favourite part?

maceemiller

Favourite stock part:

Big1.png

All hail the king of engines....

I love the Rhino too. It's not the most powerful, it's not the most efficient or the most economic. But in overall performance it trumps all. And it looks astonishing.

Interesting, a lot of people actually don't like the lander can on the basis that's it dosn't fit in with other parts. Not criticizing you though.

Mine would be the Jumbo-64. Cuz it's orange.

Well I have to limit part count despite having what should be a great computer, and I have to be able to land with a window facing down. How else is Jeb going to see the surface? That's why I have a rule that you have to do an IVA landing if your cockpit does not have a downward-facing window.

This part has been integrated in one way or another into roughly 90% of my landers.

Round-8_FT.png

A close second being the OLD ram air intakes...

Ram_air_intake.png

I would put them on builds that didn't even use jet engines just cause they looked purdy.

The small hardpoint still finds its way onto my landers quite often. It provides the radial attachment for outboard engines/tanks and provides a little extra width on the footprint for stability. Plus, with the clearance it provides, I have a little more surface area to attach my doodads.

E: It is now my favorite part because I got to include "doodads" in a post about it.

Edited by match

The MK 1 Lander Can will always be my favourite. It looks quite cozy.

Indeed, I like sitting in the lander can amid space station assembly sessions. Not only is it cosy, with RasterPropMonitor installed, it has just the right number of MFDs to monitor every single security camera or flight data display needed to make me feel like an evil imaginary space station overlord.

I have a special place in my heart for the Mainsail. I generally try to stay two steps off the bleeding edge with my workaday lifters, and a Mainsail first stage (with a Poodle second stage) can launch just about anything you need in the midgame. The price for the power just can't be beat.

Sam Halls' Kn2 cockpit..

its really sad hes not around anymore because Id love to take over ownership if hes not interested

its pretty much the foundation to everything I do in KSP..

makes a perfect plane cockpit..

and without it trains wouldnt have been built for years longer..Im im debt to the great man and admire his work greatly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.