[1.0.3/4] [Kopernicus] Community Star Center 1.0

Pkmniako

This plugin for Kopernicus adds a new object (Called "Center object") with so low mass that everything that orbits its makes it go very slow.

With this, we can create "static (Not moving)" stars around the Sun/Kerbol so it doesn't seems like it's orbiting it.

kcxgXmo.png

An image of Nemesis (Kopernicus example) moving at 4.08 m/s around Sun/Kerbol (And its SemiMayor axis is very low) at the upper left of the image

Change your star orbit to "Center" (Body name) and make it transparent replacing the last number of:

{
color = ?,?,?,?
}
Orbit

with

{
color = ?,?,?,0
}
Orbit

/!\ MAKE SURE YOUR STAR IS BEING ORBITED BY SOMETHING TO BE VISIBLE IN THE MAP VIEW /!\

No download here. Sun SOI bugs.

- Other_Worlds by Pkmniako (For next updates)

Tell me if your star system is compatible so I can put it here.

1.0 - Initial Release
VERSION HISTORY:

- In map view, you can not zoom out the necesary to see other stars, and they icons are transparent, so use TAB, Shift+TAB to navigate though systems.
- Star SOIs doesn't work.
BUGS KNOWN:

Doesn't require extra computer spects.

License: MIT

Edited by Pkmniako

the object you created is like a planet that orbits around the sun, and Nemesis is like a moon of that planet.

if you want to be able to fly a vessel around nemesis you need the SoI of the "Star Center" to cover the SoI of Nemesis, but at the same time, if the Star Center SoI overlaps with the one of the sun, all the ships around the sun will switch to orbiting the Star Center, making it impossible to go around in the Stock system.

I wanted to do something similar here but ultimately decided to do what everybody else does, just put everything around a central "galactic core"

Like they do in KerbalGalaxy2

have you tried flying vessels around nemesis?

i would avoid rushing to another project if i were you pkmniako. I recommend focusing on your planet pack first, polishing it and getting rid of any hidden bugs. As for this, it only contains a (slightly untidy) config for a gilly clone in the sun, and nothing else. Perhaps at such an early stage it would have been better to post in add-on development?

Ok, I didn't notice that. I'll re-think the mod, thanks Sigma88! :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps at such an early stage it would have been better to post in add-on development?

I post it because I though it worked. How I change the sub-forum?

- - - Updated for second time - - -

Ok, I'm redoing it.

Edited by Pkmniako

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.