SCF Home base + 7/8/15 Spacecraft friday [Looking for you!]

I recommend that (for visibility and organizational structure) each Spacecraft Friday have its own thread, and this be repurposed as a discussion thread where people can say they're willing to do one, etc.

If that's already being done, let's formalize it :D

And finally, I'd be willing to give it a shot should it become necessary.

That makes sense, and I've renamed this thread, and am keeping a list of previous ones. Thanks for the offer! I think I'll be able to do it next time, but if I can't, I'll know who to call on.

It's up! And on the eve of the appointed hour, too.

Rune. My clock reads 23:20 as I write this.

OH MY GOD I GOT FEATURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRS, is there any establish rules about SCF. I.E. No thread can be double posted in two different "SpaceCraftFridays" or any crafts found in ksp fan works will not be considered... because they don't even belong there. Just asking :D

All considered craft must be in he exchange, true.

@ selfishmeme You're welcome, but you might want to pm DuoDex aboutbit, he also expressed intert est but haven't posted again here.

Yeah, I concur selfish_meme, take it from here and we'll keep DuoDex for when we don't have anybody else (I think he offered for just that purpose). It doesn't take that long, really, if you use the search trick. And remember, this week it's your thing! You put the rules ;)

Rune. Let's keep this alive and informal. :)

Hey by the way you don't need tondownload the crafts, it can include many mods as well.

Damn you guys and your great way of doing things.. Well I liked how the last one was handled so I am happy to take part in this. The only issue I have is I firmly believe the craft should be tested before judgment is passed. And therein lies the rub..

I cant see anyone having the patients to install 30 odd mods to test a craft. It's unreasonable and therefore how can you test those heavy mod craft?

Damn you guys and your great way of doing things.. Well I liked how the last one was handled so I am happy to take part in this. The only issue I have is I firmly believe the craft should be tested before judgment is passed. And therein lies the rub..

I cant see anyone having the patients to install 30 odd mods to test a craft. It's unreasonable and therefore how can you test those heavy mod craft?

Also, I don't know if it's the same for other people but my computer can't handle much more than one part mod before becoming unusably crashy, so if I did a week I physically wouldn't be able to test heavily modded craft even if I wanted to. But not testing craft seems to defeat the point of the whole thing, putting craft who's appeal lies in functionality or fun at a disadvantage compared to craft designed to look good.

I am going to have to go off the thread first, if I like it I will test it, if it only looks good in the pictures but does not really work well then it gets the boot. I will go stock first, then if there is time modded. I will just try and end up with 5+ craft at the end. Hopefully not all pickups and buses ;)

I am going to have to go off the thread first, if I like it I will test it, if it only looks good in the pictures but does not really work well then it gets the boot. I will go stock first, then if there is time modded. I will just try and end up with 5+ craft at the end. Hopefully not all pickups and buses ;)

Be very careful when testing craft man. Sometimes craft work, just very specifically. Also, the maker will have a lot of practice flying it, you may not be able to unless you practice a lot with it. It would be shame to discount those craft that require a lot of skill or experience to operate.

Edited by Majorjim

MRS, is there any establish rules about SCF. I.E. No thread can be double posted in two different "SpaceCraftFridays" or any crafts found in ksp fan works will not be considered... because they don't even belong there. Just asking :D

Well, I want to keep it informal, but here's the guidelines I used:

Don't use your own crafts. Not because they're not good, but because people will feel like you're trying to get attention with it.

Don't pick two craft from one builder.

Try not to just pick from a small group of builders every week.

Yes, I think only crafts from the spacecraft exchange will be considered, but there's a problem with RBer's, in that some of them don't make a spacecraft exchange release thread. I think it's too hard to look through every RB and figure out which ones were posted this week, so all craft in RBers but not in spacecraft exchange will not be considered.

Bugger, I already started a list and thought I'll get a head start just in case. First craft on the list needs 5 mods I don't have installed. 32 craft so far submitted....

Great! Glad to have you picking!

I did test most of the craft I picked, except for that roller coaster.

One thing I can tell already...I hate Mediafire and Dropbox (especially dropbox with the new account popup)...everything insists on downloading with a .txt extension, which is a pain to fix on my Macbook (my test rig). Google Drive and KerbalX people!

Edit: only one craft on my shortlist crashed my game, or I run out of memory from the many many scene changes. Trying again.....

I may sound like I am bitching, but I am having fun really, I wish i could spend more time with some of them.

Edited by selfish_meme

Hmm still got a few minutes to midnight on my clock and it's only Friday morning in the states

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I have just been through some last additions, I will post the thread in a jiffy, it's mostly about my craft anyway, that's why I am calling it the Selfish Edition ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.