[Released] Free IVA Alpha v0.2.1 [1.12.x] (2022-11-24)

pizzaoverhead

Here are two more images with explanation:

https://imgur.com/a/E1judin This image shows the Inline Clamp-O-Tron opened on my demonstration ship.

https://imgur.com/a/N0sVDSO This Image shows the door in the back of my cockpit, and it says "Close Door" indicating that it has already been opened. Also, I hear the door opening sound when I click on the door.

I don't know if it is some weird bug, or a not made IVA.

Also, I still get stopped by an invisible hitbox in the MK1-3 command pod.

I hope this made it a bit easier to understand the images

Just now, DogeInSpace said:

ok, also, the mk1-3 command pod still wont work right

Yeah I’ll fix that too. Note the red handle at the back of the mk2 cockpit in your picture is placed there by some other mod, it’s not from FreeIva.

1 minute ago, DogeInSpace said:

docking ports themselves get identified as doors

Do you mean for going EVA/boarding the craft?  That’s intentional.

6 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yeah I’ll fix that too. Note the red handle at the back of the mk2 cockpit in your picture is placed there by some other mod, it’s not from FreeIva.

Do you mean for going EVA/boarding the craft?  That’s intentional.

For the first one, that is from DE_IVA Extension mod I think

For the second one, I mean when My ships are docked. I used the Interior view, and it showed doors for each docking port, even when I was docked.

Edited by DogeInSpace

6 minutes ago, DogeInSpace said:

For the first one, that is from DE_IVA Extension mod I think

For the second one, I mean when My ships are docked. I used the Interior view, and it showed doors for each docking port, even when I was docked.

If I’m understanding you, that’s expected too. When spaceships dock there’s still a hatch you have to open.

8 minutes ago, DogeInSpace said:

yeah i know but when i open the door it only opens two doors and not the extra door made by the docking port

Ok, sounds like there might be something messed up with the connection logic. 

Edited by JonnyOThan

15 hours ago, DogeInSpace said:

alright also thanks for making this mod it makes ksp way more immersive and is really cool for transferring kerbals to parts of your ship

Thanks for the reports; I’ve found and fixed the issues and should have another prerelease build up in the next day or two.

44 minutes ago, DogeInSpace said:

ok nice also is this mod compatible with kerbal planetary base systems?

Not yet; you’ll be able to unbuckle and move around but the hatches won’t work and there won’t be anything keeping you inside the parts.

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Not yet; you’ll be able to unbuckle and move around but the hatches won’t work and there won’t be anything keeping you inside the parts.

oh ok are you planning to add support in the future?

5 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Thanks for the reports; I’ve found and fixed the issues and should have another prerelease build up in the next day or two.

also can you post the prerelease when you are finished?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, looks incredible! Going to install it ASAP

Saw this for the first time through a video about it by SWDennis, instantly clicked on it

Edited by RSpace

1 hour ago, RSpace said:

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, looks incredible! Going to install it ASAP

Saw this for the first time through a video about it by SWDennis, instantly clicked on it

Yeah there’s been a huge spike in downloads since that video was released. Note that this is the WIP thread, see the link in the OP for the current one.

42 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yeah there’s been a huge spike in downloads since that video was released. Note that this is the WIP thread, see the link in the OP for the current one.

Gotcha, thanks!

Hello, I also saw SWDennis' video  and wanted to try it out. Never installed a mod before so I've been reading the procedure and dependencies.  I *think* I got it installed and I have moduleManager logs stating that some freeIVA items did "pass". Yet I don't see a difference in-game between having the mod or not. I'm not familiarized with KSP mods but I know how to extract a zip and merge folders. I have the base game, breaking ground and EVE (just for some clouds). Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask for help here.  Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Woodsielord said:

Hello, I also saw SWDennis' video  and wanted to try it out. Never installed a mod before so I've been reading the procedure and dependencies.  I *think* I got it installed and I have moduleManager logs stating that some freeIVA items did "pass". Yet I don't see a difference in-game between having the mod or not. I'm not familiarized with KSP mods but I know how to extract a zip and merge folders. I have the base game, breaking ground and EVE (just for some clouds). Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask for help here.  Thanks!

You don’t really “see” anything; just press Y while in IVA mode.  Post your logs if you need help.  Btw there is a mod manager program named CKAN that will make sure everything gets installed correctly.

8 hours ago, Ithrowpoodles said:

I keep seeing this cylinder on my kerbals and sticking out of my craft, I have 86 mods so I'm sure something is incompatible.

Anyone know whats going on here?

Known issue unfortunately, will be fixed in the next release.

On 8/13/2015 at 7:03 AM, pizzaoverhead said:

Free IVA! Free as in freedom: Get out of your seat while in IVA, move around inside your craft, open and close hatches.

Free IVA has now been released!

See the main thread here for details:

Features

• Get out of your seat and explore your vessel from the inside.
  • Open hatches and see from one part into the next.
  • Walk around in gravity, or float through your vessel while on orbit.

pmSQwLQ.png

Download from the main thread
[Source Code | Wiki]

If you've enjoyed this, consider donating a cup of coffee to help with late night coding:

btn_donate_LG.gif

Keys:

• Y - Enter free view
  • Alt + Y - Lock view
  • F - Open/Close hatch
  • Alt + F - Open/Close connected hatch
  • W - Forward
  • S - Backward
  • A - Strafe left
  • D - Strafe right
  • Q - Roll counterclockwise
  • E - Roll clockwise
  • Shift - Upward
  • Ctrl - Downward

Questions, comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Free IVA is licenced under GPL v2. See LICENSE for details. All sound model and texture assets (.wav, .mu, .dae, .tga etc.) are licensed All Rights Reserved.

Change log

v0.2.1 (2022-10-24)

• Planetside Exploration Technologies Support. See release thread for details:

v0.2.0 (2022-10-11)

• First official release. See release thread for details.

v0.1.0 (2021-03-01)

• Updated for the latest version of KSP.
  • Added jumping

v0.0.4 (2019-02-06)

• Added colliders to Mobile Processing Lab. It should now be possible to move around inside this part without floating through the vessel.
  • Added ability to open and close hatches in Mk. 1 spaceplane parts.
  • Can get into different seats in the same part or different parts.
  • Return to seat on leaving IVA view.
  • Fixed Mk. 1 inline cockpit being too narrow to pass through.
  • Changelog.

Great, i know this just released but i think it should have gravity effects