[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Acea

30 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Do you know how to do the shell ejecting effects by chance?

Put a transform named shellEject at the ejector port and add shellScale = 0.5 (variable) to ModuleWeapon node in your cfg

2 hours ago, Acea said:

Put a transform named shellEject at the ejector port and add shellScale = 0.5 (variable) to ModuleWeapon node in your cfg

Ahhh okay I had the shell scale but not the shell eject. I assume I want the blue arrow in unity to point the direction that I want the shells to eject?

5 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Ahhh okay I had the shell scale but not the shell eject. I assume I want the blue arrow in unity to point the direction that I want the shells to eject?

It should work in the same way as fireTransform does I'm not quite sure, you can give it a try

Edited by Acea

Log:

A12wZic.jpg

We're trying to fit new firing effects but modelers are suffering a data loss.

It's possible to restore but that takes some time, which means 0.4.0 will be somehow late. This incident won't affect 0.3.6 progress.

Edited by Acea

30 minutes ago, Azimech said:

That's unfortunate.

At least the problem didn't affect our current work and most of our data have backups, so well

We'll have those effects in the next two updates, and the delay seems all right to our schedule

Edited by Acea

5 hours ago, Acea said:

Log:

A12wZic.jpg

It's possible to restore but that takes some time, which means 0.4.0 will be somehow late. This incident won't affect 0.3.6 progress.

Whoa... Data loss?

Sounds serious, I exported them intact, I guess something sent wrong.

As long as it still the works in the end, otherwise I can try to come up with an alternative method

7 hours ago, harpwner said:

Whoa... Data loss?

Sounds serious, I exported them intact, I guess something sent wrong.

As long as it still the works in the end, otherwise I can try to come up with an alternative method

That was our own fault, not related with those effects and data are almost fully restored by now. All effects work fine btw

1 hour ago, Acea said:

That was our own fault, not related with those effects and data are almost fully restored by now. All effects work fine btw

Oh that's good to hear, and puts the pressure off me :P

Can't wait to see them actually applied to the guns, I never got to see it like that so I'm intrigued by how it may turn out :) 

Log:

10 hours ago, harpwner said:

Oh that's good to hear, and puts the pressure off me :P

Can't wait to see them actually applied to the guns, I never got to see it like that so I'm intrigued by how it may turn out :) 

You're gonna like it. I'm sure.

xiZl6r9.png

Updatelog 0.3.6:

BEEEkSS.png

过年好 (Happy Chinese new year)!

We have a gift for all your guys on this special day: the 0.3.6 update! Download and check it out!

Changelog 0.3.6 (IMPORTANT) - "Imperial Fleet"
*Thanks harpwner for his excellent work on muzze fire effects!
Updated C.A.L++ to 0.0.8.
Reduced accuracy of small caliber anti-aircraft guns.
Redefined all gun powers according to new BDArmory definition.
New particle effects applied on most naval guns.
Fixed the stack node of Vickers 14 inch turret.
Fixed buoyancy of all parts.
Extended maximum air detonation ranges.
Damage calculation now uses formula below:
[P = cannonShellPower ≈ 6 * m^(0.4) (m stands for the shell's TNT equivalent of bursting charge, kg)(Recommending 7.5 * m^(0.4) for 75 to 155 mm gun)]
[H = cannonShellHeat ≈ 10.5 * m^(0.4) (Recommending 13.125 * m^(0.4) for 75 to 155 mm gun)]
[R = cannonShellRadius ≈ 21 * m^(0.8) (Recommending 4.2 * m^(0.8) or 8.4 * m^(0.8) for medium to large caliber cannons)]
Added 3 new parts:
 - Imperial Japanese Navy: 14 cm/50 3rd Year Type Naval Gun, Type 93 "Long Lance" Torpedo, 610 mm Torpedo Tube Quad Mount

PS: From now on NAS depends on BDArmory v0.10.1 or later

Edited by Acea

How the torpedo guidance system ? Cast and loses it.

Great mod want to congratulate you for this work of art that both amuses me , hope to continue hugs a Brazilian fan ... Sorry my bad english (Google translator)

I look forward to the next update

3 hours ago, Favilin said:

How the torpedo guidance system ? Cast and loses it.

Great mod want to congratulate you for this work of art that both amuses me , hope to continue hugs a Brazilian fan ... Sorry my bad english (Google translator)

I look forward to the next update

Type 93 torpedoes don't use guidance, they just travel straight, hit something and explode. Firing it directly should be okay.

On 2/5/2016 at 11:30 AM, Acea said:

Log:

A12wZic.jpg

Could you quickly explain how to add particle effects? I cant figure it out.

21 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Could you quickly explain how to add particle effects? I cant figure it out.

I'm not the primary modeler and it should be a little hard to describe as we spent a few days to figure that out... Maybe you should ask harpwner who made these effects or someone else for help

Hi! I am a mumber of this group.

And what i do is making model and texture for NAS.

Im very happy to see there are so many people download our MOD!

What's more ,if you have any suggestion about the model and texture,please reply me here.

1 hour ago, ladeng said:

What's more ,if you have any suggestion about the model and texture,please reply me here.

I produce my own weapons mod for KSP, could you explain to me how to add particle effects such as muzzle flash and smoke by chance please?

Edited by TMasterson5

13 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

I produce my own weapons mod for KSP, could you explain to me how to add particle effects such as muzzle flash and smoke by chance please?

It is easy!

Just add a Component to a new Gameobject.

Select KSP/KSP Particle Emitter,and we usually change the Gameobject's name to “muzzleTransform”.

Then,set parameters and select a corresponding Material.(the Material should use KSP/Particle)

Enjoy :)

2 hours ago, ladeng said:

Welcome to the forum!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.