[WIP][1.3.1] North Kerbin Dynamics - Nuclear Bombs and Heavy Ordnance Pack (and other things) v0.84b

harpwner

Editing the configs is so much fun. I made the Karl Gerät fully automatic, Exocets nuclear and the hellfires have MOAB explosions. :D

On 21/04/2016 at 5:07 AM, JNA Space Program said:

How to use the GPS?

1. Make sure you have a weapon manager on your craft as well as either a targeting pod or FLIR ball.

2. Launch the craft and open the BDarmoury weapon manager tab, then select the modules menu.

3. Select the targeting pod/ball, use the arrow buttons to centre the camera on your desired target and click the lock target button.

4. The lock target button will now turn into 2 buttons saying unlock and send GPS. Click send GPS.

5. On the modules menu select GPS coordinator and click on the correct coordinate. (You can send and store multiple GPS coordinates allowing you to switch between targets quickly in the GPS menu.)

6. You have now locked on to the target and can fire at will. Your GPS coordinates that you saved will also be remembered and can be accessed by other crafts you build (as long as you don't revert flight or delete them), so you don't actually need to have your targeting pod on the same vehicle as your missile, but if you do use separate targeting and missile launch vehicles, both will need weapons managers.

On 21/04/2016 at 11:47 AM, JNA Space Program said:

YES! The Nukes Work! I just put the folder into the game data but i cant control the scud

You need to use GPS with the scud (see above).

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds."

2TbwE9Z.png

Edited by Collider1

2 hours ago, Sentinal said:

Hi, when I drop the Nuclear weapons, it doesn't have a nuclear explosion, just a regular one that you'd see if your fuel storage crashed, help?

We need to wait for BDA to be updated to 1.1 before any real work can be done

25 minutes ago, War Eagle 1 said:

We need to wait for BDA to be updated to 1.1 before any real work can be done

Yeah, I tried 1.1 and then downgraded it to the last version. Still doesn't work. Should I just wait and then upgrade again?

well we have good news and bad news:

good news is - I checked out the current version of my plugin and just needed to change references in order to get it working with 1.1, seems no code changes were to be made and that's great, still means I have to release a new version though to address the 1.1 update.

bad news is - BD hasn't fixed explosions as far as my knowledge goes... I'll checkup on that now*

he did now!

Edited by harpwner

4 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

Will the next update be 1.0.5 compatable as well as 1.1?
Im still running 105 because 11 is to buggy for me

Sadly no... I have to completely move over everything to Unity 5 and the new scripting API... maintaining a 1.0.5 version is just hours of extra work for the same result

On 4/22/2016 at 1:21 PM, Collider1 said:

Editing the configs is so much fun. I made the Karl Gerät fully automatic, Exocets nuclear and the hellfires have MOAB explosions. :D

1. Make sure you have a weapon manager on your craft as well as either a targeting pod or FLIR ball.

2. Launch the craft and open the BDarmoury weapon manager tab, then select the modules menu.

3. Select the targeting pod/ball, use the arrow buttons to centre the camera on your desired target and click the lock target button.

4. The lock target button will now turn into 2 buttons saying unlock and send GPS. Click send GPS.

5. On the modules menu select GPS coordinator and click on the correct coordinate. (You can send and store multiple GPS coordinates allowing you to switch between targets quickly in the GPS menu.)

6. You have now locked on to the target and can fire at will. Your GPS coordinates that you saved will also be remembered and can be accessed by other crafts you build (as long as you don't revert flight or delete them), so you don't actually need to have your targeting pod on the same vehicle as your missile, but if you do use separate targeting and missile launch vehicles, both will need weapons managers.

You need to use GPS with the scud (see above).

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds."

2TbwE9Z.png

you need to make the Vulcan have TSAR BOMBA EFFECTS

On 4/23/2016 at 7:00 PM, harpwner said:

Mod work is starting up again, as I just finished up this:

Dumb question but how might I get it working with 1.1 if CAL is still 1.0.5? And is this mod 1.1 compatible just with the download link on your first page?

17 hours ago, Aaronb1874 said:

Dumb question but how might I get it working with 1.1 if CAL is still 1.0.5? And is this mod 1.1 compatible just with the download link on your first page?

you can't... this mod is not compatible with 1.1 yet. I never said it was

21 hours ago, boomchacle said:

you need to make the Vulcan have TSAR BOMBA EFFECTS

Challenge accepted!

Unfortunately, although I can make the gun shoot tsars, I can't find a way to stop the bullets from de-spawning when they get more than 5km away from the craft. I tried increasing the maxEffectiveDistance in the cfg and increased physics range but they still de-spawn, so the gun can only be used as a suicide weapon. On the bright side though, it can fire a hell of a lot of them before it explodes so here is what happens when you cause about 50 tsar explosions at the same time: 

llH5ruy.png

How's that for a nuclear sunrise?

2 hours ago, Collider1 said:

Challenge accepted!

Unfortunately, although I can make the gun shoot tsars, I can't find a way to stop the bullets from de-spawning when they get more than 5km away from the craft. I tried increasing the maxEffectiveDistance in the cfg and increased physics range but they still de-spawn, so the gun can only be used as a suicide weapon. On the bright side though, it can fire a hell of a lot of them before it explodes so here is what happens when you cause about 50 tsar explosions at the same time: 

llH5ruy.png

How's that for a nuclear sunrise?

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAH

9 hours ago, Imperium_Titan_Roma said:

The mod is most definitely fun to mess around with, the nuclear weapons are a great laugh, and my ICBM's are perfect with the nukes~! I hope for a update soon :) 

One is not too far off my friend, I'm actually updated to1.1 already, burp just want to add some things before I go for a release

So far I've revamped some old effects and updated a couple models/textures

Also some new plugin additions to have things go nice and smooth. 

8 minutes ago, harpwner said:

One is not too far off my friend, I'm actually updated to1.1 already, burp just want to add some things before I go for a release

So far I've revamped some old effects and updated a couple models/textures

Also some new plugin additions to have things go nice and smooth. 

Do you need new ammo resources? C.A.L++ for 1.1 will be released in a day or two

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.