Come hear about KSP 1.1, straight from Squad!

Streetwind

Well, yeah, you have a point. Porkjet could just be playing a modded install.

Oooon the other hand, would they be testing the next build of the game on a modded install? I dunno. I guess we'll find out soon :P

I have to image that they don't test new parts on an unstable dev build

Oh, geez. New jet is fine, but why is it a small one? We need BIG jets and BIG SABREs so that we don't need to stack 20 engines on an SSTO....

They showed a 2.5m jet engine during the squadcast, so you might get at least some of your wish.

I know that. But instead of hiring Porkjet to make even more parts, they could hire someone else to help improve performance

Actually, one of the modders they brought in is working on at least some optimizations. Not dedicated to it, however. Trying to find a reference to that comment.

Oh, geez. New jet is fine, but why is it a small one? We need BIG jets and BIG SABREs so that we don't need to stack 20 engines on an SSTO....

I can see myself using the small jet engines for drones on Laythe and also for survey contracts on Kerbin (that don't require crew reports, of course). It would be cool to fit something like a small jet-powered drone into a small cargo bay.

Also, reposting what I said in the blog post:

I hope the reduced scope doesn't mean optimisation and bug-fixing will be skimped on! I would be happy if 1.1 focused solely on those things. That being said, I'm excited for the new jet engines. The 2.5m jet engine was something I've been wanting for a long time.

I'm super excited for the contextual contracts too! I remember posting a suggestion for something like this a few weeks ago. ;)

The thing is that there's not that much use for atmospheric-only aircraft. And both learjet engine and bigass turbofan fit only atmospheric aircraft. Yes, it's cool for laythe or some fun stuff on Kerbin, but they won't help you to get stuff in space, and that's why I want larger supersonic engines. I dunno, even the image of four RAPIERs on a 4-coupler makes me cringe. They just look bad.

http://www.twitch.tv/hocgaming/

Kasper and Ted are in the stream right now, and are just waiting for the $10,000 donation goal to fall to drop some juicy info about KSP version 1.1! Just $200 to go, come on everyone, don't miss it! (And donate some!)

Ok i'm new to this whole stuff, so let me get this straight.

People have to donate money in order to get info from a developer?

People don't have to. They can donate money, which will go for charity, and as a prize they'll get to hear and see some early info on the update. Or they can just wait for that info to be officially disclosed, which in fact already happened by this time. Paying for information isn't really something new, of course. People have been doing it for centuries now.

People don't have to. They can donate money, which will go for charity, and as a prize they'll get to hear and see some early info on the update. Or they can just wait for that info to be officially disclosed, which in fact already happened by this time. Paying for information isn't really something new, of course. People have been doing it for centuries now.
Sounds weird anyway. But if it's for charity i understand of course.

Rocket parts are neglected and we're getting more and more plane parts. Soon it'll be Kerbal Jet Program. That aint good and I definitely not looking forward 1.1.

It takes a long time (2 years at least) but you get bored with the KSP rockets sooner or later and rovers are... ;.;

(Space)planes on the other hand offer so many possibilities and such complexity and joy if they work that they can keep me playing long after I'd have stopped if they weren't included. KSP = Kerbal Spaceplane Program for me now.

Yeah, rockets need love, badly.

Contextual contracts are are a good idea, but given the fact that the stock contracts (including all the FP additions) are almost universally terrible, I fear we'll just have terrible contracts that are contextual. It would be nice if there wee at least some decent contracts as a benchmark for them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.