Come hear about KSP 1.1, straight from Squad!

Streetwind

One thing I would greatly appreciate would be if the nose could be swappable. I really really really really wish there where more parts compatible with more parts when regarding the spaceplane pieces. Adding a nosecone to a cockpit where you could instead use the new mini-intake or the avionics unit makes me sad.

You're assuming that dev team members are interchangeable. They aren't. Somebody who knows how to make meshes and skin them does not necessarily know how to write code to integrate KSP with the game engine, or vice versa. Having Porkjet sit around twiddling his thumbs isn't going to make the engine upgrade go any faster.

I know that. But instead of hiring Porkjet to make even more parts, they could hire someone else to help improve performance

I don't see why they couldn't just add another part. Call the old one Mk-1F for fighter. It doesn't make sense to me to get rid of a perfectly good texture, even if I don't like it.

If you guys want it, you saw what we did with the Round8. The ball is in your court.

Apparently, no need to. They saw the error of their ways almost immediately, and now it's "incorporating in real-life counterpart cockpit designs". Whatever that means, I approve if I don't have to say goodbye to my trusty, pointy Mk1.

Let's not do it this time though. No point in keeping that abomination of a part. I bet if it stays in-game there will be many threads like "What's the deal with this? The cockpits are all nice and smooth and there's THAT thing. The hell?" posted by newcomers.

Maybe you can't work with it, but seriously, I love its aggressive, sci-fish lines (and apparently will continue to do so):

hlqx9rI.png

As to the rest of what they showed in the article, I especially welcome the Mk3 payload bay door (finally!). The jet engine family now looks properly complete too, although with maybe too much useless mid-range, with the four 1.25m engines, subsonic, agile, turboramjet, and RAPIER.... It might have been better to drop one and add a big and fast 2.5m one instead. I mean, we have all of two worlds with an atmosphere where jet engines run, so their main thing is either short flights in the early game, or launching stuff to orbit in the mid to late game. So much range in the middle of the class doesn't make that much gameplay sense to me.

The rest, I'm so behind it I just will say I heartily approve. Especially the contextual contracts, I'm a sucker for building infrastructure. And did I mention how long I've been waiting for a bay ramp?

Rune. I finally will get a use out of my other 4Gb of RAM!! :)

Shuttle engines at last! Thank you PorkJet!

Not to beg too much cause that is such a great thing, but now can we get shuttle landing gear to finish it off? The current gear is great for airliners, but it looks really silly on the bottom of a shuttle.

Edited by Alshain

I just love how commercial-looking the new Mk1 cockpit is.

Dudric: "Hey, where's the Mk1 cockpit you ordered?"

Halefly: "Heh... oops."

Dudric: "You're joking."

Halefly: "It's gone missing."

Dudric: "Alright fine. What's our options now?"

Kelly: "We could chop the cockpit off of that Cessna."

Dudric: "I like that idea. We're goin' with that! Just make sure you sharpen the nose."

Halefly: "Are you sure a commercial/private aircraft can function as a space-grade command unit?"

Dudric: "Do you have any other suggestions?"

Halefly: "The cockpit doesn't need sharpening. All Kerbal Cessnas have sharpened fronts because they look cool."

Dudric: "Good then."

The flight went about as well as you'd expect. Which, to be clear, is perfectly.

Unrelatedly: can Porkjet redo the Mk1-2 Command Pod? I think its the one pod that is not as pretty as the others at this point.

Edited by GregroxMun

Max noted that porkjet plays with a lot of mods, so lets not get our hopes up.

Well, yeah, you have a point. Porkjet could just be playing a modded install.

Oooon the other hand, would they be testing the next build of the game on a modded install? I dunno. I guess we'll find out soon :P

Well, yeah, you have a point. Porkjet could just be playing a modded install.

Oooon the other hand, would they be testing the next build of the game on a modded install? I dunno. I guess we'll find out soon :P

Remember when they showed pics of the new Mk3 parts and there were clouds in the background because Porkjet had EVE installed? I think it's just because he has AtomicAge in there. :P

That does... perhaps a 2.5m nuke, like we've dreamed of for years?

Unless it undergoes a massive nerf, that doesn't look like it's going to be a nuke. Huge amount of thrust, and similar ASL and VAC ISP judging from the thrust variance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.