FAR Fighter Challenge: BD Armory AI

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen,

let me introduce the K-22.

In prelimiary tests, it fireballed the current champion, the Arctic Skua, in 4 out of 7. K-22 was never shot down. (Twice the aricraft collided, once the Skua ran out of fuel, which I generously count as a draw.)

http://i.imgur.com/PXMDyNI.jpg

Here's the craft file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx7olwtuFoIc1M0MWhoTnRXRUk/view?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Ezbro

EDIT: just saw that the Skua has been beaten by others, too, just the leader-board wasn't updated. So my tests were probably useless... now downloading D-10 etc. in preparation of the Mk2.

EDIT2: OK, K-22 is useless against D-10, as it can't go slow at all... :-(

I'm going to hope that you stole the design from the U.S. Air Force. 'Cause K-22. Or K-35. Don't bother yourself with the last one.

E805BzRo, your craft keeps pulling itself apart just after takeoff: dynamic deflection settings seem to be defaults, is that right?

I installed dynamic deflection and never configured anything (where would I?). On my system the craft is super stable, can pull 30 (!) g.

Edit: I did notice a really neat consequence of one thing on that craft though ( once I'd adjusted the wings so they didn't rip off ), I shall be stealing that in future.

I think I know what that could be ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to hope that you stole the design from the U.S. Air Force. 'Cause K-22. Or K-35. Don't bother yourself with the last one.

Right, I thought of the F-22. Unfortunately, being forced to optimize for performance rather than design, it doesn't look much like the real thing.

I installed dynamic deflection and never configured anything (where would I?). On my system the craft is super stable, can pull 30 (!) g.

Hover over a control surface & hit K. Either way my system seems to be a bit less forgiving - the only thing I can think of is my physics delta rate being as small as I can get it ( all the way to the right ), or you have a mod that's subtly influencing part/joint strength, like StockBugFix or KJR - although I doubt it's KJR or you wouldn't need all those struts.

-> take to new thread.

OK so i showed u guys the J45-M1 it's done but its a single engine all u guys are dual engines so unless we have a single engine match diff from a dual engine she stay in the hanger for a while, Now i'm working an the J45-M2. Yup Dual Engines YEY!!..

oUtjsYS.png

Now the orange color is not because i was flying at sunset, if because i was flying at mach 4.4 (1400m/s) maxed at 1421 then the antenna over heated lol.

M1g8X1m.png

after i work on getting some good g-turns it lets see if i can take on the champ.