Grasshopper Attack VTOL (Incredibly Agile!)

Dug up an old craft of mine from 1.0, fixed it for 1.0.4, and added some new, special features. :)

Grasshopper Attack VTOL

S2ZsVzu.png

One Kerbal. One job:

To show the world his stunt flying skills.

cEoj0Wz.png

1oj5yV6.png

nOaJjAv.png

RO4AtqT.png

Unlike most VTOLs, the engines are positioned low on the frame of the craft for a 100% boost to coolness factor. Other factors were not measured.

dfgwhVS.png

The craft features a rotary triple barrel cannon that our engineers assure us makes the finest imaginary gun firing noises available on the market.

Q4cFIT0.png

The cockpit is incredibly tough. Only on rare occasions will your pilot perish. Nearly all of these involve water.

opR7zly.png

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

NOTE:

Craft comes with crew capsule attached. This detaches with spacebar on launch. Remember to EVA and transfer to the Command Seat beforehand, though! :D

SrGHrER.png

OK I tested it and it was a ton of fun!

It's a very simple craft but is well thought out and easy to fly. The two large reaction wheels give it massive control authority allowing for some crazy stunt type flying. The little cockpit whilst also simple is well thought out and cute!

I do think however, the two antenna in the cockpit are not needed but as its only a few parts anyway it doesn't matter. You might want to try binding the intakes to an action group. Closing them instantly cuts thrust on the jets, makes landing a little easier.

All in all it's lovely little aircraft and it looks really cool too! Good job mate, I shall rep you happy in the knowledge I'm not just looking at the pictures anymore!

MJ

Are we thinking "pew pew pew" or "dakka dakka dakka"? Inquiring minds need to know. :D

That cockpit is very cool and unique.

More like a "chuunk-chuunk-chuunk" :P

Kind of amusingly, I made a cockpit intending to make an entirely new version based off of the old one, then had the idea to detach the body of the old one, save as a subassembly, then attach it to the new cockpit. It fit perfectly. The intake lined up, the two structural pylons fit, it was great.

I did change up the configuration of the VTOL jets to make them lower, they were up high at first.

It could have come out looking like this:

4JIHTXf.png

But I decided to sacrifice aesthetics for performance.

Ooh nice. Not that I've seen it before you published it :P. Try flying with SAS it still is quite fun. Really do like that VTOL. Even though you have a sturdy cockpit ever considered a ejection seat for the fun? :D

And of course forum "You cannot give starwhip reputation. Spread it around....."

----update----

WHO DARES RATE THIS THREAD 1 STAR!!!

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.