"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

2 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Let's just say that Kerbin and Minmus were hyperedited out of the story. They're gone. It's canon.

Aw, I was rather looking forward to Minmus (and the Mun, before... well, you know) going spinning off through space, possibly encountering other worlds, back when we discussed how to simulate that.  But I can see how it'd be a bother to actually do.

2 hours ago, Andem said:

I wonder what happens now that a major body has been removed from the system. Will the Solar System fall out of balance?

KSP doesn't simulate n-body physics, so, it won't affect anything gravitationally.

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

If it did... Well, they would be cosmically screwed... Really bad...

Not really actually, the small change in gravity wouldn't do much other than eliminate a few lagrange points which might harbor some asteroids, so it could theoretically increase the number of asteroid impacts for a few dozen million years, but that isnt much of a problem especially because of the few planets they do populate the chance that in their lifetime an asteroid moved by it's dissapearance not only hits one of the planets Kerbals are on, but lands close enough to kill them? Yeah, no, not much of a problem at all. Maybe if a densly populated planet still did exist, but it doesn't, so...

8 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Not really actually

If there's one thing I took away from KSP it's that orbits are pretty hard to change even if you only weigh a few tons. Taking a pebble out of the equation is probably not going to fling the system apart when there's still a boulder out there orbiting a brightly glowing mountain (I'm not getting too cryptic am I?).

16 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

If there's one thing I took away from KSP it's that orbits are pretty hard to change even if you only weigh a few tons. Taking a pebble out of the equation is probably not going to fling the system apart when there's still a boulder out there orbiting a brightly glowing mountain (I'm not getting too cryptic am I?).

And if there's two things that I took away from KSP, it's that orbits are pretty easy to change by rotating your craft, and that orbits are impossible to change, because the planets are on rails.

On March 20, 2016 at 9:49 AM, max_creative said:

RIP kerbin

RIP kappa Jeb

RIP minmus

RIP mun

RIP Gus and Linus and Walt and Mort and those dudes

;.;

RIP Kerbal Civilization.

It's a drag, eh?

Edited by GDJ

Iterum Iterumque

Jeb was not the first to meet that fate, nor will he be the last.

Iterum Iterumque

There is a whole new timeline, waiting to begin the story anew.

Iterum Iterumque

As Glerys, Phoice, Stelrine, Stelgy, and Fabien came, so Jeb leaves

Iterum Iterumque, ad infinitum.

19 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Confirmed that I only have one Jebediah from Addiction Aerospace.....m waitisthatakerbalnamedJebediah...... oh crap, I have two. Ones a white suit, the others an orange suit

Oh, you should see the saves from the development of my Kustom Kerbals mod...  SO MANY JEBS!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.