"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

3 hours ago, disillusionedHerbalist said:

#JebLives

Although the story could still be plenty interesting to see how the kerbals survive without a BadS pilot to inspire them

Val is a BadS pilot too!

LOVE the crayons--wondering if you read Order of the Stick? Burlew did a fantastic crayon explanation of mythological backstory once.

So--what do we know? Other than the fact there are no flowers on Eve, probably not ray guns, and maybe not even basalt, a suit transponder left behind does not necessarily mean a kerbal has been stranded inside it...

However, aliens.

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

LOVE the crayons--wondering if you read Order of the Stick? Burlew did a fantastic crayon explanation of mythological backstory once.

So--what do we know? Other than the fact there are no flowers on Eve, probably not ray guns, and maybe not even basalt, a suit transponder left behind does not necessarily mean a kerbal has been stranded inside it...

However, aliens.

Yes, I definitely took a page from the Order of the Stick there. But I think I'll stick to screenshots from now on... This chapter was hard to do!

Two questions: 

1. where did the crayons and all the stuff come from?
  2. why is Fabian at the last probe? 
  3. Is the Jeb thing a coincidence? Or is it Glery? Or because Glery is in hibernation, is it the other person?
  4. Did Stelrine hijack the eve surviver? Or steal Fabian's suit?

find out soon...

Edited by max_creative
I'm out of rep!

9 minutes ago, Noname117 said:

Nice little homage to Eve O0 there with the image of Jeb walking away from the crashed spaceplane.

Well...I wasn't sure enough that that was the intent, after all badS pilots walking away from a crashed craft is a reasonably common meme... but if was, I'm honored :D 

8 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Well...I wasn't sure enough that that was the intent, after all badS pilots walking away from a crashed craft is a reasonably common meme... but if was, I'm honored :D 

Look, if you replaced Jeb's spaceplane with the cockpit and cargo bay which survived Tedus' crash landing, the picture is pretty much the same.

19 minutes ago, Noname117 said:

Look, if you replaced Jeb's spaceplane with the cockpit and cargo bay which survived Tedus' crash landing, the picture is pretty much the same.

Well sure, but asking an artist "hey, did you take that from my comic?" is right up there with asking a woman "hey, are you pregnant?" It's a lead-in to a very happy conversation if you're right, but potential trouble if you're not. 

Now if he'd just drawn that one wing section leaning up against the side of the fuselage, that would have removed all doubt :) 

BUT! What we need to be discussing is what the heck happened when Fabien, his suit, and Eve Survivor encountered Matrix Jeb at the southernmost probe site. Who is driving the rover? Who (if anyone) is in the suit? It occurs to me that the EVA suits are unisex...

2 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

And now for something completely different:

LOL, good one.  Very nice drawing with the crayons, too.  I hope the ghost of "Marker Guy" from the Admin Building doesn't come by and steal (or eat) them :)

Things are getting even more interesting.

Edited by Geschosskopf

5 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

And now for something completely different:

That sentence is like "shave and a haircut" to me: I cannot hear it and not reply "...a man with a tape recorder up his nose".

It's getting old, but excellent chapter again. The crayons, the perfectly timed "aliens" during the narrator monologue and the much discussed homage to an iconic kerbfleet moment are the perfect setup for a rather grisly punch to the gut on the last panel, by all appearances. This fanfic is verging on fanlit.

Edited by FyunchClick
changed grizzly into grisly

24 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Also, chapter 43, page 3, you said "Joan is one of the last 50 kerbals in the universe" was the 50 a typo, or was that the MechJebs?

Not a typo. 50 is the correct number. I miscounted and originally wrote 40 on chapter 41, but later corrected it.

That number may need to be updated next chapter, however...