FOR SALE! Lovely 2 Bedroom 2 Storey Kolonial House. 1 Min Walk to KSC! $19,036 neg. Unfurnished.

TUf8pNw.jpg

For Sale!

Lovely 2 storey kolonial house currently situated on Kerbal Space Center, Kerbin, 3rd planet Kerbol System. Masses only 19 tons unfurnished and 4 meters wide. Commercial or Residential zoning depends on landing site. Sturdy and suitable for both terrestrial and starship transportation. Comes with 1 toilet built out of parts found lying by the side of the road.

Download Craft File for viewing!

$19,036

Negotiable

GL6zOq3.jpg

JWJ6R7T.jpg

Edited by pandoras kitten

I remember doing this a while back. It's awesome to have a little house out there on Kerbin somewhere. There are some stunning places to put it too. Getting it there is fun as hell too! Good job dude, now put in somewhere beautiful.

Is that...

A plane skewerd through the attic? And you're using the roof like an airfoil. I'm surprised it works!

Can you imagine if I put tables, chairs, sit a kerbal down with a selfie camera from HullCamVDS and record the view while the house is flying? Lol.

@MajorJim

Oh definitely! I will love to construct a lowboy trailer next and bring the house to the Cape of Good Hope or whatever the southern tip of "Africa" is termed on Kerbin.

Then a heavy lift helicopter like the Mil V-12 to take another up to the mountains several hundred km north of KSC, and so on :) Thanks for the encouragement it's much appreciated!

Great views, sunsets every 90 minutes, friendly neighbourhood except the occasional asteroid. The commute to work can get a little "bathed in superheated plasma" though.

Zfs88zE.jpg

athj1av.jpg

Efficient launch profile? Never heard of it. I was too scared to turn it so stayed upright at <100m/s until 20,000m.

oBJQc7s.png

7SE1WPG.jpg

And it's in orbit! Radiators are in case Jeb (who I didn't realise until it was too late had tagged along thanks to Take Command) decides to retire to low sun orbit for the nice warm weather.

I love this community. Someone builds a house and within a day not only has someone turned it into a plane but someone's sent it to space too xD

"Anyone remember where I parked my car?"

"Oh, we launched it into space."

"Have you seen my dog?"

"We sent her to space."

"What happened to my house?"

"We launched it to space."

There are some stunning places to put it too. Getting it there is fun as hell too! Good job dude, now put in somewhere beautiful.

pandoras kitten, why don't you make a challenge to find the most inventive place to put the house? Maybe it'd have a poll for people to choose their favourite, and it would be quite a challenge to considering the shape and weight - cargo bays wouldn't work, it'd take a very big VTOL,

pandoras kitten, why don't you make a challenge to find the most inventive place to put the house? Maybe it'd have a poll for people to choose their favourite, and it would be quite a challenge to considering the shape and weight - cargo bays wouldn't work, it'd take a very big VTOL,

It would have to be along that river that they put an airfeild next to in Kerbinside because it was so much fun to fly it.

...why did the Dukes of Hazard theme just happen in my head... LOL

That's seriously good inventiveness on BlueCanary's part! His truck carrying my house? Who said the practise of buying giant trucks as personal vehicles was wasteful? :D

I wonder how many Gs was that landing. Had to be some serious vertical velocity even with the braking SRBs. I just have to ask - what kind of launch vehicle brought the truck and the house there?

This could be fun. I need to read up on how to host a challenge, though. The points system confounds me, and so is making awards for our new corps of interplanetary surveyors and realtors.

I think I might construct some sort of universal heavy lifter to deal with oversized loads like the house, it will have to VTOL and look like a decently realistic aircraft... or helicopter. One of these Mil V-12s should do perfect. They're intended to lift 40 ton rockets out into the remote Siberian wasteland where no one will ever find them.

That's seriously good inventiveness on BlueCanary's part! His truck carrying my house? Who said the practise of buying giant trucks as personal vehicles was wasteful? :D

I wonder how many Gs was that landing. Had to be some serious vertical velocity even with the braking SRBs. I just have to ask - what kind of launch vehicle brought the truck and the house there?

This could be fun. I need to read up on how to host a challenge, though. The points system confounds me, and so is making awards for our new corps of interplanetary surveyors and realtors.

I think I might construct some sort of universal heavy lifter to deal with oversized loads like the house, it will have to VTOL and look like a decently realistic aircraft... or helicopter. One of these Mil V-12s should do perfect. They're intended to lift 40 ton rockets out into the remote Siberian wasteland where no one will ever find them.

The braking SRB's had just a few less delta V than the accelerating ones, so it landed with only 12m/s of velovity, 3-4m/s of which was vertical. Still, with 20 tonnes behind it it was enough to break all the wheels and do wierd things to the suspension. Hyperedit brought it there because I'm lazy, but since it was not too hard to get the house to orbit I think a refuelling in orbit and maybe a nuclear transfer stage would do it quite easily. The main problem is the size of the house - you either have a massive fairing or a lot of drag.

If I were you I'd wait till 1.1 before trying anything with VTOL's, the new engines look like they have very good TWRs and the basic jet has been partially un-nerfed so it will be a lot more practical then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.