Saturn Shuttle Mission Archive [SSM-17]

ZooNamedGames

Just now, Kerbiter said:

I think that's a FASA full pack part. When I send you the unmanned Komodo, I will not include them.

Ok. I can launch as soon as you provide the unmanned version (and cut as many mods possible to help make it easier on me).

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

We have finished construction of the Komodo-U1+ production article.As the name suggests, the craft is unmanned (U), it is the first production article of its kind (1) and it is retrofitted with extra fuel for longer and farther voyages (+). It is configured to be mated into the cargo bay. It has a standard Jr. docking port on the top, and a grapple adapter on the side for being grabbed with a robotic arm.

Click this to gain access to the Komodo-U1+ for SSM-M14.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO and co-founder of KPal

P.S. You might want to get Ven's Stock Revamp and the craft will look better. Some parts may look out of place so download that. It not only changes the stock parts to look better, but adds modified versions of the stock parts.

Edited by Kerbiter

14 hours ago, Kerbiter said:

It not only changes the stock parts to look better, but adds modified versions of the stock parts.

BUT IT DOESN'T TAMPER WITH MK3 PARTS!

14 hours ago, Kerbiter said:

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

We have finished construction of the Komodo-U1+ production article.As the name suggests, the craft is unmanned (U), it is the first production article of its kind (1) and it is retrofitted with extra fuel for longer and farther voyages (+). It is configured to be mated into the cargo bay. It has a standard Jr. docking port on the top, and a grapple adapter on the side for being grabbed with a robotic arm.

Click this to gain access to the Komodo-U1+ for SSM-M14.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO and co-founder of KPal

P.S. You might want to get Ven's Stock Revamp and the craft will look better. Some parts may look out of place so download that. It not only changes the stock parts to look better, but adds modified versions of the stock parts.

What mods (aside from VSR) does this version require?

3 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Launched- mission in progress.

You might want to make an overlay like we are streaming the launch. Likely it will look like a SpaceX stream.

Any update on the vessel?

4 hours ago, Kerbiter said:

You might want to make an overlay like we are streaming the launch. Likely it will look like a SpaceX stream.

Any update on the vessel?

But it isn't being recorded :/ I'll grab screenies closer to the mission objective.

In orbit completing other initial tasks in preparation for launch of your Komodo.

17 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

But it isn't being recorded :/ I'll grab screenies closer to the mission objective.

In orbit completing other initial tasks in preparation for launch of your Komodo.

How's the craft doing?

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, Kerbiter said:

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

The interns over here are impatient; they need another update.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO, and co-founder of KPal

After some technical delays in orbit, SSM-M14 is soon going to be back underway performing the objective of the mission. We plan for the mission to be completed today or Monday.

We deeply apologize for the delay.

6 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

After some technical delays in orbit, SSM-M14 is soon going to be back underway performing the objective of the mission. We plan for the mission to be completed today or Monday.

We deeply apologize for the delay.

Where is the Komodo?

On 5/8/2016 at 6:59 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

In the payload bay having final release preparations completed.

We'd like to have a launch image for posting on our news site.

On May 8, 2016 at 7:59 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

In the payload bay having final release preparations completed.

Hasn't the shuttle landed yet? You said it would be done on Monday :confused:.

10 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Hasn't the shuttle landed yet? You said it would be done on Monday :confused:.

The Saturn Shuttle Press Release team has been recently bombarded with a significant event. They are in the midst of a huge event that they are struggling to put into proper words.

Orbiter Nomad In Crisis!

wtU42mq.jpg

Earlier this morning while the onboard crew struggled with more communication issues with the Komodo spacecraft, orbiter Nomad  was struck by meteors which shredded the rear tail section and the rear portion of the cargo bay. Life support has been severely compromised, however thankfully due to the revisions since SSM-5, the cockpit itself can retain 3 days of air for the crew, however they are essentially crippled with no method of return, and even if they could, they would break up during re-entry.

So now the crew are on emergency stations and the mission control center on Kerbin is rushing to find a solution and prepping a vehicle to rescue them. This is a race against the clock, we have 18 hours before the crew perishes.

The Komodo space vehicle had to be abandoned in it's 500km v 500km orbit above Kerbin and with systems critical onboard Nomad, they now lack any ability to reconnect to the payload, not that it is of any priority for the crew as of this time.

The Space Debris Observers Association (SDOA) has claimed that the meteors seem to have come from "nowhere" as they had not seem them before and they had recently scanned that section of the night sky for debris prior to SSM-M14, so how they could've managed to sneak past them is currently unknown.

4 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Orbiter Nomad In Crisis!

wtU42mq.jpg

Earlier this morning while the onboard crew struggled with more communication issues with the Komodo spacecraft, orbiter Nomad  was struck by meteors which shredded the rear tail section and the rear portion of the cargo bay. Life support has been severely compromised, however thankfully due to the revisions since SSM-5, the cockpit itself can retain 3 days of air for the crew, however they are essentially crippled with no method of return, and even if they could, they would break up during re-entry.

So now the crew are on emergency stations and the mission control center on Kerbin is rushing to find a solution and prepping a vehicle to rescue them. This is a race against the clock, we have 18 hours before the crew perishes.

The Komodo space vehicle had to be abandoned in it's 500km v 500km orbit above Kerbin and with systems critical onboard Nomad, they now lack any ability to reconnect to the payload, not that it is of any priority for the crew as of this time.

The Space Debris Observers Association (SDOA) has claimed that the meteors seem to have come from "nowhere" as they had not seem them before and they had recently scanned that section of the night sky for debris prior to SSM-M14, so how they could've managed to sneak past them is currently unknown.

Kraken attack! Battle stations! How many crew are aboard, I should be able to whip up a rescue vehicle for you.

1 minute ago, KAL 9000 said:

Kraken attack! Battle stations! How many crew are aboard, I should be able to whip up a rescue vehicle for you.

7 crew members are onboard, we are currently rushing our own vehicle at this time (be careful, we are dancing near RP). However teams are debating whether to make a brand new rescue vehicle bolted together or to strap orbiter Inspiration to the side of a probe deployment launch vehicle which it was never designed nor tested for. The debate heats on as the crisis continues.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

7 crew members are onboard, we are currently rushing our own vehicle at this time (be careful, we are dancing near RP). However teams are debating whether to make a brand new rescue vehicle bolted together or to strap orbiter Inspiration to the side of a probe deployment launch vehicle which it was never designed nor tested for. The debate heats on as the crisis continues.

Which is quicker? I should get the .craft file uploaded in less than an hour. What is RP?

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Which is quicker? I should get the .craft file uploaded in less than an hour. What is RP?

Well each would take about the same amount of time, it's the risk factors.

Rp is role play or basically taking a role of someone or some group and playing as their role in a story (hence Roleplay). RP is banned here at the KSP forums sadly, so if you want to help, try to stick to yourself as a KSP forum user as much as possible so no one gets in trouble.

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well each would take about the same amount of time, it's the risk factors.

Rp is role play or basically taking a role of someone or some group and playing as their role in a story (hence Roleplay). RP is banned here at the KSP forums sadly, so if you want to help, try to stick to yourself as a KSP forum user as much as possible so no one gets in trouble.

Okay. Did a Kraken attack of some sort actually happen? Because just in case, I have a Dove emergency vehicle on standby (a.k.a. I can upload the .craft file).