Saturn Shuttle Mission Archive [SSM-17]

ZooNamedGames

2 hours ago, Gauga159 said:

Hey @ZooNamedGames could i design some payloads for you?and for the villan part in Real space program thing or what ever i was lying

Sure. Now I would remind you of the placement bug I encountered earlier, so it would not be launched until after the official 1.1 release since I'm hoping that a new game engine may solve what was happening before.

19 minutes ago, Gauga159 said:

Dude could you make a payload design guide?

Where are the mounting ports?

In the cargo bay, attached to the central structural core (CSC). Just keep your payload slim and short and it will be fine. I'll attach any decouplers as needed.

Ill provide a more detailed photo in a short while.

1 minute ago, Gauga159 said:

munar probe! that's kool right?

Sure! :) We can roll with that.

Also, here's the cargo bay internals-

cmjURsY.png

r2UtMUc.png

Your one of the first to ever see inside a SS. We don't often show this much detail, for security reasons.

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

We recently had a successful launch of our first rocket, the Raptor 1. Since it cannot lift much heavier payloads, I have an idea for a heavier payload to be carried on the Saturn Shuttle.

For perhaps a munar space station, we would like to create a MEV (Munar Exploration Vehicle) that is capable of going to the Mun and back, and right now we have some concepts for the design of such vehicle. Right now it's going through the engineering facility as the "Komodo" and has a crew capacity of 2. Take a look.

clQsTTW.png

Simply add a Size 0 standard "Clamp-o-Tron Jr." and you will be set.

The idea is before launch, the Komodo will be set in the cargo bay. Then the Komodo crew will get in the crew cabin of the SOV. In orbit, the Komodo crew transfers to the Komodo vehicle. Then they steer clear and fire to the mun.

A version retrofitted to be unmanned could be launched to resupply said station. If we develop a launch vehicle that can send this to orbit, we will not need you anymore.

Thanks in advance,

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO, and co-founder of KPal

2 minutes ago, Kerbiter said:

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

We recently had a successful launch of our first rocket, the Raptor 1. Since it cannot lift much heavier payloads, I have an idea for a heavier payload to be carried on the Saturn Shuttle.

For perhaps a munar space station, we would like to create a MEV (Munar Exploration Vehicle) that is capable of going to the Mun and back, and right now we have some concepts for the design of such vehicle. Right now it's going through the engineering facility as the "Komodo" and has a crew capacity of 2. Take a look.

clQsTTW.png

Simply add a Size 0 standard "Clamp-o-Tron Jr." and you will be set.

The idea is before launch, the Komodo will be set in the cargo bay. Then the Komodo crew will get in the crew cabin of the SOV. In orbit, the Komodo crew transfers to the Komodo vehicle. Then they steer clear and fire to the mun.

A version retrofitted to be unmanned could be launched to resupply said station. If we develop a launch vehicle that can send this to orbit, we will not need you anymore.

Thanks in advance,

I believe the SS is easily capable of carrying this into LKO :) . We recently brought up the Hab module portion to the space station in Kerbin orbit, if you would like we can ferry any number of crew there, then bring up the vehicle, dock to the station, gather the crew, undock, pull away and then release the lander once manned.

We would deeply enjoy working with you whenever and wherever possible :) . We can make the first launch of this vehicle for SSM-14.

Lastly, what mods are used?

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I believe the SS is easily capable of carrying this into LKO :) . We recently brought up the Hab module portion to the space station in Kerbin orbit, if you would like we can ferry any number of crew there, then bring up the vehicle, dock to the station, gather the crew, undock, pull away and then release the lander once manned.

We would deeply enjoy working with you whenever and wherever possible :) . We can make the first launch of this vehicle for SSM-14.

Lastly, what mods are used?

Tantares, FASA, and MechJeb.

1 minute ago, Kerbiter said:

Tantares, FASA, and MechJeb.

Noted, your mission is slated as SSM-M14 (New mission class, M for modded) aboard the orbiter Inspiration (SOV-006). No date is yet, as Inspiration has recently completed SSM-12 (reports released tomorrow) and is currently undergoing post mission inspection. Once we can begin work, we will let you know.

Hello, @ZooNamedGames, I represent JAI, the third-fastest-growing (and seventeenth-safest) private space program on Kerbin. We have a mission for you. Recently, we have noticed a need for more military presence in space, to protect our stuff. We need you to launch a --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- satellite on a Saturn Shuttle for us. One of our personnel will need to be on board to perform the required --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- on the satellite. If you choose to perform the mission, you will be informed of the satellite's required orbit, as well as the name of our Kerbonaut that will be on board. You will be rewarded handsomely for completing the mission. We ask you to keep the satellite's orbit secret, please.

-KAL 9000, CEO, JAI

P.S. This post will self-destruct in ten seconds.

1 hour ago, KAL 9000 said:

Hello, @ZooNamedGames, I represent JAI, the third-fastest-growing (and seventeenth-safest) private space program on Kerbin. We have a mission for you. Recently, we have noticed a need for more military presence in space, to protect our stuff. We need you to launch a --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- satellite on a Saturn Shuttle for us. One of our personnel will need to be on board to perform the required --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- on the satellite. If you choose to perform the mission, you will be informed of the satellite's required orbit, as well as the name of our Kerbonaut that will be on board. You will be rewarded handsomely for completing the mission. We ask you to keep the satellite's orbit secret, please.

-KAL 9000, CEO, JAI

P.S. This post will self-destruct in ten seconds.

The Saturn Shuttle program will accept this mission, as it has had now two classified military payloads launched. 

Please provide kerbal and craft as soon as possible.

Your mission is slated for SSM-15 onboard the orbiter Nomad (SOV-004). We will launch as soon as possible.

And I people send faulty posts *sighs*

2 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

The Saturn Shuttle program will accept this mission, as it has had now two classified military payloads launched. 

Please provide kerbal and craft as soon as possible.

Your mission is slated for SSM-15 onboard the orbiter Nomad (SOV-004). We will launch as soon as possible.

And I people send faulty posts *sighs*

The orbit is 75km by 3500 km, with a 75 degree inclination and the periapsis being at the southernmost point along the orbit. The Kerbal's name is Johnby Kerman. He has a Courage of 0.7302, and a Stupidity of 0.9532. He is a pilot. I will upload the .craft file in just a second, and you should be able to edit him into your persistence file. Once the satellite is in its proper orbit, he just needs to bump it without breaking it on EVA after it has been detached. We will sue you for several million roots if he does not make it back to Kerbin alive :wink:. And, no, YOU MAY NOT PEEK INSIDE THE FAIRING THAT IS KEEPING THE SATELLITE SECRET! We will remotely jettison the fairing and begin --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- after Nomad has returned to Kerbin. Upon completion of this mission, if you are successful, you will receive 1.21 Jigawatts million roots :).

Screenshots are awesome, but not required.

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

The orbit is 75km by 3500 km, with a 75 degree inclination and the periapsis being at the southernmost point along the orbit. The Kerbal's name is Johnby Kerman. He has a Courage of 0.7302, and a Stupidity of 0.9532. He is a pilot. I will upload the .craft file in just a second, and you should be able to edit him into your persistence file. Once the satellite is in its proper orbit, he just needs to bump it without breaking it on EVA after it has been detached. We will sue you for several million roots if he does not make it back to Kerbin alive :wink:. And, no, YOU MAY NOT PEEK INSIDE THE FAIRING THAT IS KEEPING THE SATELLITE SECRET! We will remotely jettison the fairing and begin --CLASSIFIED:MILITARY SECRET-- after Nomad has returned to Kerbin. Upon completion of this mission, if you are successful, you will receive 1.21 Jigawatts million roots :).

Screenshots are awesome, but not required.

Still need the craft file.

Dear @ZooNamedGames,

We have decided to allocate 2 Kerbals to test fly the Komodo spacecraft. Meet Staselle (SpaceY Pilot) and Meremy Kerman (Komodo Engineer).

IcOjuYW.png

Staselle learned to fly planes, and came under our work when she flew chase planes above the launch site during the launch of the Raptor 1. After that she went through space training and this will be her first spaceflight. Meremy worked on the Komodo spacecraft and knows every nook and cranny of the craft. He is also a rookie.

Objective: Detach and let the Komodo fly from LKO to a 500km circular orbit, then let the Komodo maneuver back to the SOV. In the event we cannot maneuver to the SOV, we will ATL (abort to landing) and the Komodo spacecraft will come back by itself.

That is all of the details you need to know. Please make these details public and please give a status of the SOV. If death of the crew occurs, we will issue a backup crew.