Saturn Shuttle Mission Archive [SSM-17]

ZooNamedGames

You might edit the first paragraph in the original post, I sound a bit like we can request you to build a satellite or even send you our own.

About the Gravioli detector reading, I present the

Von Kerman 1

(for short: VK-1)

x3XqBuA.png?1

Just click here and it will be shipped to your VAB. It has it's own propulsion system. Actually, we would like readings in 10km, 20km and 30km circular orbits around Minmus.

My Photoshop skills are not exatly amazing, but if you like I can look into the mission-patch thing. Do you have any preferences?

Major news here with the SSM program.

For one, the SSM-6 launch has been delayed in preference for SSM-T1. A new series of test launches to push the new shuttle to the limit as well as test out the launch escape and launch failure recovery methods. It has been decided to modify and use SOV-004, Nomad for these tests.

Secondly, I will be running with a new few mods to make things interesting. Such as Kerbinside, which adds other landing/launch sites. Especially needed for these tests. I also have Dangit/Entropy/KerbalLaunchFailures/KerbalMechanics added as well so that every launch is unique. I will post a full modlist later today.

Also, I'd like mission patches if someone just feels like making them.

- - - Updated - - -

If you'd like, we can push to you SSM-10, so that we can test your payload out with the first ever launch and use of the (now default) installation of the KanadArm.

If you could, would also carry the arm i was using? I think it was user error.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my space program would like to offer to design a mini-tug for operation in the payload bay as a backup to the arm!

You might edit the first paragraph in the original post, I sound a bit like we can request you to build a satellite or even send you our own.

About the Gravioli detector reading, I present the

Von Kerman 1

(for short: VK-1)

http://i.imgur.com/x3XqBuA.png?1

Just click here and it will be shipped to your VAB. It has it's own propulsion system. Actually, we would like readings in 10km, 20km and 30km circular orbits around Minmus.

My Photoshop skills are not exatly amazing, but if you like I can look into the mission-patch thing. Do you have any preferences?

I'll work you into our schedule as soon as possible and let you know what mission you'll be on.

As to the patches, just make em like real ones and I'm ok with them (granted any image is good enough for me XD )

- - - Updated - - -

If you could, would also carry the arm i was using? I think it was user error.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my space program would like to offer to design a mini-tug for operation in the payload bay as a backup to the arm!

I don't know if it's what you thought it is, but ours will be what it is. It'll work as a general purpose claw which will be able to functional on all missions. It will be built into every mission (partially as part of a emergency recovery efforts), so a tug is unneeded however it would be a good thing to have especially for a station.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

Due to an Aquarius 1 rocket failure, which cost Kalcella Kerman her life, we will most likely fly the Kerbin atmospheric Observer on the next available SSM mission.

R.I.P Kalcella, forever in the stars

Edited by Voyager275

still doing test flights or first operational flight after the accidents

This is a real flight- granted, tests are underway.

- - - Updated - - -

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Shortly after re-entering Kerbin's atmosphere above the K2 mountains, orbiter Horizons was shot down by a SAM while nearing the runway. The crew struggled to use the emergency launch ejection system (ELES), however the missile destroyed the hull and therefore the ELES. The crew impacted 20km from the KSC, however there were no survivors.

The national ground forces are investigating who propagated this attack. As of yet, it remains, unknown.

Meanwhile, the ground crews mourn for the recent loss of the SSM-6 crew.

Break-up after missile collision:

Edited by ZooNamedGames

oh...now I am wondering...was that first accident not really an accident...

It is unknown as to the other events, however it is obvious there was an act of military aggression in these events. The SSM program however- will not let this stop us. SOV-005 Nomad and SOV-007 Inspiration will be quickly modified and suited into operation. Inspiration will be the first to return to duty as Nomad will require an internal rehaul for use in space missions. Also, SOV-008 will have a name change in light of these events. SOV-008's original designation was slated to be Excellence, however it has now been decided that it will rather be named Determination, and SOV-009 will take its name instead.

The name Determination was selected in light of these events to show that even when the worst possible scenario happens to the program, that we will continue to progress, and to continue to shine a light where others cannot. We wish to be an Inspiration to many, and show new Horizons to the world in science, exploration and legacy. However the Determination is what will shine us through the hard parts. It also means that even when the mission is lost- that you shall never give up. Always fight, to save the missions and the crew.

SSM-6A1 will be launched soon. (Note the odd mission designation- Since the mission was neither a launch failure or a safe return failure, a new category (SSM-#X#), has been made to show that the previous mission failed and the crew was lost, but not during launch).

Ok, btw, for my shuttle program, we are having several severe glitches in the VAB. Our cranes are not working properly and we are having issues stowing cargo

(Let's talk off forum so we can align stories about space programs). So friend me on Steam (ZooNamedGames) or Skype (ZooNamed) (Friend both Zoos you see)

Voyager Nation has made a shocking discovery. Dusk 3's failure was caused by a second stage sabotage. It is thought to have come from the SSM-6 attackers. Drones are currently being mobilized to find them. It is thought they attack crewed flights to cause distrust of space program safety.

Voyager Nation has made a shocking discovery. Dusk 3's failure was caused by a second stage sabotage. It is thought to have come from the SSM-6 attackers. Drones are currently being mobilized to find them. It is thought they attack crewed flights to cause distrust of space program safety.

The SSM program is finding that these reports are legitiment. However we will not be swayed by these events. We will continue to search and in these dark times we will search for superior forms of exploration and cargo/crew deployment.