Project: Phoenix!

BagelRabbit

It's been about a month now since I last posted.  It would be fitting to explain what's been going on since then.

On Halloween, my mother and I moved into a spare room in the house of a friend of ours; we've been living out of it since.  About two weeks ago, I secured a job, giving us an income (albeit a meager one as it's part-time and minimum wage).  With that, and mom's Social Security income, we were just able to get ourselves an apartment.  Around this time next month, my best friend will be moving up from Texas to live with us, further stabilizing our living situation and giving us a shot at taking our lives back for ourselves once more.  It will be difficult for a while, to be certain, but we are finally moving towards a more stable life situation.

As for my father... he's moved south with his RV.  He has no part in our lives now.  What few ties remain are technical and also being addressed.  I hope that he continues to get help for his mental health issues, and that he can accept one day that he is in fact both bipolar and dangerous to those around him.  Only time will tell, and his future is in his own hands now.

• 2 weeks later...

At long last, after so many months, my mother and I have moved into our new place.  There's a ton of unpacking to do, many things to sell or get rid of, but things are finally going back to something resembling normal.  Thank you to everyone who has helped us out during these trying times.  The road ahead is still a bit rocky, but it's looking a lot less so than it was even just a few weeks ago.

• 4 months later...

You guys make me so happy, I almost cry ;w;

No really, I am so proud of being part of this great community, even if i can't pay even a few cents...
I hope you can one day resume normal life...@SkyRender

I haven't really been around much these last 5 or 6 months, have I?  Well, that would be because life has settled into a decidedly more busy norm than ever before.  Mom and I are doing well, and my best friend has moved up from Texas to live with us too, so the financial situation at least is pretty stable.  I'm working generally at or close to full time hours every week, and what little free time I have these days has been eaten up by Stardew Valley.  I'm more or less done with everything in that game now, however (at least until its next update), so I should have more time now to do the things I used to do before my world went pear-shaped.  Like post to this forum!

Thank you again to everyone who supported my mother and I during our rough patch.  We really appreciate it, even now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.