Project: Phoenix!

BagelRabbit

q24tfkk.png

â€ÂTransforming Flame into Hopeâ€Â

~~~

In the early hours of the morning on August 29, 2015, KSP fan and longtime Forum member SkyRender had his life turned upside down. Helpless, he watched as the roof of his house blazed. Fear beset him: for his family, for his life, for everything he knew of his world going up in smoke. Though the fire department quenched the flames, much was lost just the same. The house was rendered uninhabitable, possibly beyond repair, and many of his electronics were doused in the waters that had saved the building from utter destruction. No lives were lost, thankfully (human or feline), but emotions ran raw and hard after such a chaotic and unpredictable horror. In those few hours before dawn, so much had been taken from him.

RZcRttc.jpg

[click the image for more pictures of the damage]

SkyRender knew that very little would be the same after his house stopped smoking and the last firefighter left. After posting a message on the Kerbal Space Program Forum about the catastrophe, he began to receive PMs from numerous people who not only wanted to offer condolences, but also to help him overcome the blaze. They knew that with some help, he could reconcile the damage that the fire had wrought. Like a phoenix, he could rise from the ashes.

All SkyRender wanted were kind words and messages of hope. But with your help, it would be possible to give him and his family more. The damages to SkyRender’s house were evaluated at around $4,000. The KSP community is one of the best in the world, and we can help pay this.

Project Phoenix is an eight-week-long campaign to raise $4,000 for SkyRender. Every penny raised will go directly to helping him repair his house and restore his prized possessions. We’re hoping for your support.

~~~

There are a lot of Easter Eggs on Kerbin. They are as close as the Mk1 Pod Memorial and as distant as the North Polar UFO. Up until now, no one has bothered to try to visit them all. Whether it's a good idea or not, today a group of Forum-goers are going to try to livestream their attempts to find all of the Easter Eggs... with one Kerbal: SkyRender Kerman.

Project: Phoenix - Easter Egg Hunt!

Today is the day to start this journey. It'll be difficult. It will require land, sea, and air vehicles, as well as combinations of the lot. There will be explosions and quicksaves. And best of all, this livestream is supporting a very good cause. So please stop by and watch if you're able!

~~~

Even though there's not a set livestreaming schedule for this, here's a list of streamers that will probably be participating (in no real order):

• Bagel Rabbit! Bagel, or UpsilonAerospace on the Forum, will likely be kicking off today's streams. He's a rather happy soul blessed with the gift of gabbing... and gabbing... and gabbing.
  • Noname117! Noname has begun to build a reputation as a fighter-jet maker here on the KSP Forum. He's also a great streamer, and you should definitely check his stream out!
  • Avera9eJoe! Arguably the most famous streamer here, Avera9eJoe is experienced and ready to do some serious Easter-egg hunting!
  • Starwhip! Starwhip has been an awesome and active member of the KSP community lately. He's also done several successful livestreams and intends to do more today!
  • Ghostbuzzter! Ghostbuzzter's pretty well known on the Forum for his construction of battle tanks with working turrets. He'll take his KSP knowledge into today's stream.
  • And more! Last week, Xacktar paid the streaming group an unexpected visit. Maybe someone else will join the fun this week!

SkyRender will may also be in the chat, offering words of encouragement and thanks.

~~~

The livestream will start at 12am EST/4pm GMT and will continue until everybody is done for the day. Once again, be sure to stop by and donate if you're able! Every penny counts, and we would deeply appreciate your support.

Here's where to go for all the fun in one place!

twitch.tv/projectphoenixkspteam

~~~

If you're willing and able to donate,

The GoFundMe site can be found HERE.

Even if you’re unable to donate, we need your help to spread the word! You can copy the BBCode below and place it in your signature, it creates

GTQjVa0.png

, which is a clickable link to the donation page.

[noparse]

GTQjVa0.png

[/noparse]

In addition, consider spreading the word to your friends, both online and offline, if you're able! Sharing this project on Facebook or Twitter is a great way to get the word out, and the GoFundMe site itself allows you to link to the project. It's simple, it's convenient, and it will help the cause tremendously.

~~~

Once again, every penny counts. Thank you for your generous support.

Sincerely,

Endersmens, UpsilonAerospace, SkyRender, and Starwhip

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

It really has floored me how quickly the community has stepped up and offered to help us out. I've always felt an affinity with this community, doing what I can to help and sharing what I've done with KSP that seemed interesting as well. Knowing that the community cares right back and is willing to lend a hand when the whole world seems to have gone pear-shaped is really an amazing feeling. Thank you to everyone.

It really has floored me how quickly the community has stepped up and offered to help us out. I've always felt an affinity with this community, doing what I can to help and sharing what I've done with KSP that seemed interesting as well. Knowing that the community cares right back and is willing to lend a hand when the whole world seems to have gone pear-shaped is really an amazing feeling. Thank you to everyone.

You're completely welcome. :) The KSP community is always happy to help a friend in need.

As to a prominent forum-goer, you deserve such treatment. That's what the community is for; to help those in need, inspire, educate, and have fun above all. Just remember even in the hardest time, there's always a large group of happy individuals who will stand by your side. Hope everything is running a lot better after the events. Best wishes.

I will donate a minimum of 150 dollars when I get home later. This has happened to one of my old friends a couple months back so I kinda no were your coming from. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I will also change my signature

Thank you so much for your support! I'm sure SkyRender will be smiling when he reads this. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.